..1..

You're Not Late

“Hinyoung. Let’s go.” My friend Sooyoung pulled me to the cafeteria. Today is the first day of school after the summer holidays.

“Calm down. The food isn’t going anywhere.” I said. Sooyoung, one of my life time best friend loves to eat. She would do anything for food.

“My stomach can’t stand it anymore. The professor is so boring. I almost fell asleep in class just now and I’m very hungry.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Okay. Okay. Let’s go.” I walk ahead of her. She catches up real quick and hooks her arms with me.

“Help me get food. I’ll find unnies and a table for us.”

“Okay.” She immediately agrees since she gets to choose my food. I don’t normally finish my food and Sooyoung is going to help me with it.

I walk around the cafeteria until I saw a group of familiar girls talking to group of boys. I looked at the boys but I could only recognize Super Junior oppas. And there… I see Park Chanyeol, the boy I had crush on for 2 years.

*Oh my god! I’m not going there. Sooyoung unnie. I’m coming for you~*

“Hinyoung? What are you doing standing there? Come here.” I was found out by Taeyeon unnie.

*Oh ! What to do now?*

“Unnie? I’m finding for Sooyoung unnie. Gotta go!” When I was about to leave, Sooyoung appeared out of nowhere with two trays full of food. She put her trays on the table that the boys are sitting.

“Finding for me? Here I am…” Sooyoung said already eating her foods.

*Die. I’m dead.*

“Oh~ I have to see Mr. Jone.”

“All the teachers are at a meeting now. You can go later.”

*Way to go Yuri. I’m trying to get out of here.*

I couldn’t blame them. Only Seohyun knows about my crush and she’s good at keeping it a secret. I need help here but Seohyun is just sitting there admiring Kyuhyun. What do I do with this girl? She’s badly in love with him but she never understands it. Okay, enough of storytelling. Back to my awkwardness.

“Yes? Can I help you with anything, unnie?” You asked fighting back the urge to run away.

“Come meet our new friends… This is EXO. They want to be friends.”

“Oh~ Annyeong. My name is Hinyoung.” I bow at them.

“Annyeong, Hinyoung- shhii.”

“Do we need to introduce ourselves one by one?” One of them asked which I have no idea who.

“It’s okay if you don’t.” I said.

*Please don’t. I’m terrible at memorizing names.*

“Hinyoung-ah. Come eat or I’ll finish it for you.” Sooyoung chanted.

“Sooyoung… You’ll grow fat like this.” Ryeowook oppa said eating his sandwich with Donghae oppa.

“Oppa!” She pouted.

“Okay okay. Nah! Have some mashed potato.” He said and fed unnie.

“Get a room you two. So cheesy.” Eunhyuk oppa said rubbing his arms.

*This is too much to handle.* I took the sandwich and munch on it totally forgetting about the people who is there.

As you can see, SNSD are my unnies and SUJU are my oppas. SUJU eventually became my oppas after some of them confessed towards my unnie. Kyuhyun oppa and Donghae oppa still haven’t make their moves. Even blind people knows about their love towards Seohyun unnie and Jessica unnie.

While they are all talking among themselves, luckily I brought a storybook along. I’m trying to forget about the fact that Chanyeol is just a few meters away from me. Smiling and talking to his friends. I was to adsorb into the book that I didn’t realize that two boys are standing in front of me.

“Hinyoung?”

“…”

“Hinyoung!”

“…”

He then gave up and started tickling me. I drop the book and started clutching my stomach. Did I tell you I’m very ticklish?

“S-hahaha- to-hahaha-p!! S-STOP!!” I shouted. I was panting. Out of air. Everyone at the table is looking at me worriedly. I saw Chanyeol looking at me weirdly.  

*God. I just humiliate myself in front of Chanyeol.* I turn to look at the both of them. The criminals. But he just stares at me blankly.

“Sehun! What are you doing to Hinyoung?” A guy sitting near Chanyeol asked.

“Suho hyung. I just wanted to say hi.” He answered looking down.

“You tickled me just to say hi?” I asked eyes widen. He nodded and pouted.

*OMG. God save me. He’s just too cute to be mad at.*

“Hi to you too. Please don’t do it again. I’m ticklish. Okay?” I smiled at him and he finally nodded.

“Okay. Hi. My name is Thehun.” He smiled.

“Thehun?” I asked.

“He means Sehun. He has lisp. Hi. My name’s Baekhyun.” The guy next to him answered.

“Oh. Hi Sehun-shi. Hi Baekhyun-shi.” I slightly bowed. 

“No need to be so formal.”

“Come, Hinyoung. I’m introduce you to my others members.” Without warning, Sehun pulled you towards the table that Chanyeol is sitting at.

*Omo. Someone get me out of here!!!*

“Hyungs. I got Hinyoung here. Introduce yourself.” Sehun said looking at his hyungs.

“Hi. I’m Suho.” I smiled at him. After each and every one of them introduced, it was Chanyeol’s turn.

“I’m Chanyeol.” He said smiling.

*You don’t have to introduce. I already know you.* I said in my head. So no one can hear me.

“Hinyoung? Is everything okay?” Yoona unnie asked me putting her hands on my shoulder.

“Yeah. Everything is alright.” I smiled at her. But the thing is, I’m trying hard to hide my red face.

The bell rang signaling the end of lunch and we walk back to our classes. I waited for Sooyoung unnie. We both have the same class.

#Attention to all students. Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. The school will give you all a day off. You don’t have to come to school on that day. Please inform your parents about this. Thank you.# The secretary said through the speaker.

*We have holidays on Valentine’s Day?*

Days passed since I met the EXO. We ate lunch together along with SNSD unnies and SJ oppas. Every lunch time, I always sense people peeking at me or maybe I’m just day dreaming. I always focus on what Chanyeol will say. I’ve gotten close to Baekhyun too. He would always help me and always appear out of nowhere when I need help. It’s lunch time. It was just a normal lunch time or at least it was until Eunhyuk oppa said something.

“Let’s go to the amusement park on Valentines. Do you guys have anything to do on that day?”

“Count me in.” All of them agreed. I did not answer. I’m not sure.

“Hinyoung? Wanna join?” Since I have nothing to do on that day and Chanyeol oppa is going, I decided to tag along. Besides, it’s been long since I went to the amusement park.

“Sure.” I said eating my salad.

“Okay. Deal. Let’s meet at the amusement park at 9. Bring your girlfriends and boyfriends if you want.”

*Boyfriends? I don’t even have one. Then I’ll just go alone.*

//////////////////////////////

I just wore a plain outfit. Taeyeon unnie said they’ll fetch me on the way there.

We finally reached the destination and the boys are already there. Once there, unnies left me to join SJ oppas. *Sighs.* EXO oppas came alone. I don’t see any girlfriends with them. We bought our tickets and went in. We started off with the roller coaster for those who aren’t scared. We rode separately. Unnies and their boyfriends would go alone completely ignoring about out presence. I mostly ride the rides with Baekhyun. Since he insist. We play a lot more games and it’s gotten late.

“I want ice cream. They aren’t back yet right? I’ll go get some. Anyone wants?” I asked. They shook their heads but Baekhyun insist on coming with me.

*What’s wrong with him? He’s acting really strange and he keeps following me.* I bought the ice cream and Baekhyun paid for me. Since he insist… again.

“Baekhyun.. Is there something bothering you? You don’t look like your usual self.” I said my vanilla ice cream.

“I-I-I --” He tered.

“I what?”

“I-I-I--”

“Baekhyun… You look stress. Just tell m-“

“HIINYOUNG I WANTED TO SAY I THINK I’M IN LOVE WITH YOU!” Baekhyun said shutting his eyes close. I swear I saw his cheeks turning pink.

*cough cough. What did he say?* I choke on the ice cream.

“Are you serious? This is not funny…” I said softly.

“No. Hinyoung. I’m serious here. It’s okay if you don’t want to. We can remain fri-”

“Look, Baekhyun. This is too sudden. I-I need time to think about it.” I cut him off.

*Do I like Baekhyun? Or he’s just a friend?*

“I understand. Just act like I never ask you anything okay?” Baekhyun flash me his warm smile.

*That smile. The smile that I always wanted to see.*

“It’s getting late. Let’s go back. The others are probably waiting.” He said with a little hint of sadness in his voice. I nodded.

*I’m sorry. I’ll make things straight as fast as possible.*

/////////////////

The trip back home was awkward since the unnies keep on blabbering about their boyfriends. Only Seohyun, who is too shy to talk about Kyuhyun oppa in front of them keep quiet and noticed my silence.

“Is everything alright? You have gotten terribly quiet after buying ice cream with Baekhyun.”

“Huh? Nothing happened.” I answered trying to act innocent. But I at acting. Seohyun noticed.

*Omo. Seohyun unnie is going to ask me about it later.* Seohyun is staying at my house tonight since her parents went on a vacation.

*Doom…*