--------------------------------------

Just a Litlle Nightmare

The few cars that passed were loud and bright, zooming by in the dead of the night. Usually even at this time the city was booming with activity and life, but during the end of the summer season the city became relatively quiet. Dark nights in a city like this, are not for roaming on your own.

Dasom though, always thought herself as someone tough and not to be messed with. The truth was medium framed with vivacious curves, flowing black hair, Sweet lip – she was anything but daunting. Never the less she believed she could take care of herself.

Myungsoo didn’t have the same point of view. He saw her as his little friend who, in his eyes, seemed to be young, so fragile and innocent. He always insisted on walking her home on nights like these. He would walk her to her door – wait until it was locked shut, so he could head home.

Tonight Myungsoo was more tired than usual, So Dasom had no trouble convincing him she would be safe. “Fine”, he said giving up. “I’ll wait here. Call me when  you’re in the house.” Dasom nodded and gave him a hug. He could smell her hair – its scent was so strong – the scent of Jasmine and sweet honey filled his nostrils. He didn’t want to let her go, he was ready to change his mind and follow her. She smiled though and he knew his mind would make her sour. So, he let her walked away.

“Call Me when the door is locked.” He watched her as she became smaller and smaller. She wore a pair of tight black jeans and a black leather jacket – she look like a tough rocker with her spiked combat boots. He smiled – My angel Dasomie …

He waited for her call. He checked his watch at least a hundred times during what he belived to be the longest five minutes that he had ever endured. Not true, There was that one time his mom talk with him. Suddenly his phone was ringing from his pocket. It was Dasom. Myungsoo smiled and lifted the phone to his ear.

“So how is it? You made it okay?” he asked.

He heard she was screaming,

“ Myung…soo..help me…”

His heart stopped and he started to run.


               A large crack echoed throughout the room as Myungsoo’s fist hit the wall. Damn, Why did I listen ? His fist hit once, twice, three times. Pain vibrated through his arm. The sharp pain was unbearable but he continued slamming his hand to the wooden fixture. Blood was dripping onto the floor.

His mother ran into the room, fear on her face as she saw the state of her son. His face was tearstained, his eyes were crimson and blood covered him. She grabbed him and when he shrugged her off, she placed herself between her son and the wall. “Myungsoo, Just stop it Please!” Tears ran down her face and it had puffed up in the last few days, she had been stuffing herself with deserts and ice cream. It may not be the healthiest way to cope, but it was better than the way her son was coping. She spent her time worrying and crying – it was the hardest thing her son ever gone through, and the divorce was really bad.

“Myungsoo, Please stop!” Her voice cracked, “Please baby, I love you.” He stopped for a second at the sound of his mother, at the sight of her tears. He stood there frozen and then he warped his arms around her ant let her cry, passing his clean hand through her hair, trying to comfort her. Who was going to comfort him? Dasom usually did..


“Now I would like to welcome Kim Myungsoo to come and say a few words on behave of our dearly beloved Kim Dasom.” No one clapped. No one said a thing. The room was quiet and everyone sat in black, tear stained faces, mascara running from their eyes waiting for Myungsoo to come to the stand.

He didn’t want to go up, he knew he would cry, but he wanted Dasom to hear the last words, his last word, the ones he should have told her that night – the words he had the chance to say but didn’t take the opportunity to. You know what they say, you never know what you have until it’s gone.

Myungsoo had never thought about true love before – he knew you could love someone, but he didn’t know what being in love was like, at least not until it was too late.

He walked up to the stand – Pastor stepped down giving him sufficient space to speak. Myungsoo had shaved his head for the occasion. Dasom had always boasted about how she loves guys with blonde hair – but she always liked Myungsoo soft dark hair, oddly. He wore a black suit, one he hope to burn after the funeral, and a pair of black shoes. In his hand, he held the necklace he had bought her for her birthday last year, but didn’t have the guts to give to her. Today was his only chance.

Myungsoo gulped and in a quick breath.

“Dasom,” he started. His voice was low and husky. The silence had become so deafening – he was losing control of himself. “ Dasom wasn’t just my best friend, my teacher, my clown, my sister, my little one – she was someone who laughed at silly things, who made me want to laugh too and enjoy life even when things weren’t what I wanted them to be. She was not only the best thing the universe could have sent in this world of chaos, but she was the love of my life.” He in a breath.

He could feel the tears streaming down his face. He knew most of the jocks where in the crowd, all the student, all the bullies. He expected them to make a remark about his tears and how it was UNMANLY. He could have stopped there and gotten off the stand, but his feet were frozen in place as if she wanted him to continue, as if she were there listening to his every word. He opened his palm and showed everyone the heart shaped necklace he held in his hand. It gleamed in the light coming from the magnificent candels of the church. Everyone started in awe confusion.

“I had bought this for Dasom on her birthday. I bought it to confess my love to her, to let her know exactly how I felt about her – but I chickened out. And today, it is the one thing I regret the most. I wish I had told her I love her because she might still be here today. Maybe I would have been the boyfriend to walk her to her door, to kiss her goodnight and make sure she was safe.” More tears fell from his eyes but at this moment he didn’t care. All he felt was her presence looming over him – he didn’t know if he was imagining it or not, but at this moment he chose not to care. “ I love you Dasom and I wish you were here.”

Myungsoo wiped his face with the back of his sleeve and walked over to her body. She looked cold and her face had a  pale color. But to Myungsoo she just looked as if she were in a blissful slumber. He placed the necklace around her neck and leaned in to kiss his dead love. Her lips were lifeless, and he knew that wasn’t something should do at a funeral but he wanted to do it just once.

He lifted his head took one last glace at Dasom’s lifeless body and noticed how beautiful and how perfect the necklace glowed around her neck. It made him hate himself even more.

Myungsoo then sprinted out of the church and away from his pain.


Whispers erupted as he walked down the halls. It had been two weeks and they still talked about it. He couldn’t handle it. Life without her was nothing. He wanted to end it. Then he thought about his mother, and all of his friends. He realized he might be freeing himself of this misery, but also he had been condemning them to a life of pain.

He tried to shut them out as he walked into class in almost dazed state. Myungsoo had been living like this for a while, he though his mother refuse to call it living. Myungsoo was just there. There was no effort to move on with his life, no effort to forget her, only remembering their happy memories. Instead, he sat in class with a blank stare and wrote word all over his note book. ”Why? Why? Why Dasom why?” Questioning himself, his life, the world, God, everything. It was the only thing keeping him from standing up and yelling at the top of his lungs, hitting every smiling face sitting in those desk and running off to kill himself.

He didn’t know how much time had passed, from the looks of everyone it coul have been a year ago but Myungsoo didn’t want to forget, he couldn’t forget.


He sat in his bathtub – he had been sitting there for a while because the water had become extremely cold. Today must have been the worst day of his life, and he knew that every day that passed after would just be worst. His life would just get worst.

That was it for Myungsoo.
If Dasom wasn’t on this earth, then neither should he.

He lifted up the razor blade that he had carefully removed from his mother’s shaver.  He held it up and watched in amazement as it caught the light reflecting from the water of the tube.

“ I love you dasom…”

He placed the razor on his wrist and cut in a vertical motion – knowing they wouldn’t be able to stitch him up. Myungsoo then did the same thing on his other wrist. He placed the razor on the side of the tub and immersed his hands and most of his body into the water, watching the bold slowly leave his body.

“I’ll be with you soon…”





He opened his eyes a slit and shut the quickly. It was too bright for him to open them wide. He moved his arms a little. He didn’t hurt, but he felt uncomfortable, he was sore.

“Hey you’re up?” a familiar voice shouted. Myungsoo’s eyes popped open, ignoring the stinging sensation the light gave his eyes. He stood up as if needless had been shoved up his rear end. On the hospital bed was a girl with black messy hair, a cut lip and a bandaged arm. She smiled at him sweetly. “So, as it turns out, it isn’t actually that safe for me to go home on my own.”

Rage filled Myungsoo’s body. She is so stupid. He strode toward her slowly nonetheless hoping that she was real and this wasn’t a dream or a hallucination. She gave him a perplexed look.

“Myungsoo what’s wro…?”

Without a second thought, his lips were on hers – his hand on her cheeks pulling her in closer to him, kissing her hand yet with the most fragility he could manage. She let out her sweet moan. He thought he had lost her. She placed her right hand on the back of his head pulling him in urgently as if he were a necessity, her life was in her hands.

“Don’t you ever try to get me to let you walk home alone,” Myungsoo said as he pulled away from the passionate kiss. Dasom nodded numbly in response – she just wanted him to kiss her again. He gave her a quick peck and continued. “I’m serious. I never want to feel that way again, I don’t want to have that bad nightmare again.” Tears began streaming down his face. Dasom tried to sit up, unsuccessfully, though she managed to reach out to him regardless and kiss the tears away.

She smiled. “ I love you too… emmm you said something about nightmare? Dare to share.”

“NO.”

He leaned in and kissed her once more…


FINISH Guys.....

Guys I'm really appreciate if you give me some critique and comment ...

Thanks a lot... ^^b