Chapter 2

Wallflower

 

  

  

 

    It would be a lie if Jongdae said he wasn’t the slightest bit startled or confused on why Kim Jongin was trying to befriend with him. He wondered whether if that boy had his head knocked by someone else before meeting him and wasn’t in his right mind during that moment. If only alien exist, then he would have also said that Kim Jongin was being replaced by an alien.

   It didn’t make any sense to him that one of the most talented dancers in the school wanted to make friend with a wallflower like him. The thing is, Jongdae had never has any friends, minus the ones during kindergarten, but even then, he didn’t really thinks of them as friends. More like playmates, he would say now.

 “I’ve wanting to befriend you ever since the first year here but I’m afraid that you would reject it since you didn’t seem like someone who would like to befriend some strangers  like me and I really hope that we could become friends so that I’ll have the chance to know you more since I really think that you’re a really good person, I saw you helped the little puppy on the way back after school before and we could really hang out after school and on weekends and um, so, do you want to be my friend?” the younger boy had rambled on before asking the same question again, with his hopeful pair of eyes.

   Jongdae didn’t know what to say, really, with the sudden sort-of-confession of the younger wanting to be his friend. Should he accept it or not? What if the younger was just trying to prank him? Maybe he should just take the safe road and turned down the request.

 ‘Thank god this isn’t a love confession, or else I would really have fainted’ he thought to himself, and end up letting out a soft snort at how ridiculous his thought was. Who was he even kidding?

 ‘Seriously, Kim Jongdae, what are you even thinking right now? Like there would even be anyone that would do that to you. I’ve got to stop thinking about irrelevant things like this’ the older boy sighed before turning around to face the tanned boy.

 “Look, Jongin-ssi, I’m sorry.  I’m not sure if you already knew this or not, but I didn’t even have any friends at this school, and for you to suddenly ask me to be your friend, I would say it’s rather suspicious. Besides, I’m not even interested in becoming friends with any of the students here, so no,” Jongdae said calmly, the end of his answer came out rather cold.

 “But wh-we could be best friends. I can be your first friend and then we could do what friends usually do together. I can help you with the subjects that you aren’t good with and you can help with mine. Can’t- can’t you just give me a chance? ” the latter had sounded almost pleading, and with that puppy eyes that had been directed towards him, Jongdae had almost found himself giving in.

 “I’m sorry Jongin-ssi, but really, no” he said his last words and left the younger one in the garden, standing alone with his gaze lowered.

 

 

 

   Kim Jongin wasn’t really someone that would start a conversation with other people. Even though he’s one of the popular guys in school, mostly because of his talent in dancing and also his good looks (although he would always deny that he have them), he’s also one of the most shyest person ever. The only people that he was comfortable with at school were his childhood friends, Sehun and Zitao, and also their small group of friends.

   So it wasn’t really unnatural of his friends when they were making a fuss and asking whether he’s alright or not, or if maybe they should take him to the hospital, when he suddenly asked Kyungsoo, one of the people he was closest to in their group of friends, to help him asked Kim Jongdae, the wallflower, to meet him at the garden during lunch hour. The reason is, because well, he just wanted to tell the latter that he wanted to be his friend. And yeah, you could hear that loud gasps coming from the other boys.

 “It just didn’t sound like you. Kim Jongin had never, ever wanted to start anything related with making conversations with people he barely knew, moreover in befriending them, and now, for you to make the first attempt in befriending a human being, that’s- that’s just ….. oh my god Suho hyung!!! We really need to bring Jongin to the hospital!! Right now!“ Baekhyun had commented, and also shrieked, and Jongin did think that he was just exaggerating things…..well …..maybe?

   And it really made him felt like bawling his eyes out, when the only one person he had ever asked to be his friend, rejected him without giving him any chance to prove that he would be a really good friend for the latter. Reality did kind of hurts.

   Ever since he first ever laid his eyes on the cold, wallflower boy during his freshman year two years ago, he felt a strong attraction towards the slightly older boy. It wasn’t really something in a romantic way, it’s more like when you adored and idolized other people, mostly your seniors, and hoped that if only they’re your brother, or sister, then life would be better. There would be someone you could play around with, someone to share stories with, someone to go to ask for help in your studies, someone for you to mess around, and etc.

   And Jongin did find that kind of attraction from Kim Jongdae. Somehow he thought that Jongdae would be the perfect brother for him. He is the only child in the family, and so every now and then, he would always wish that if only he could have a brother. And although he has Sehun and Tao, and also the others as his friends, he couldn’t really push the thought that it would be greatly better if only Jongdae could also be his friend. He wished that the latter would agree to enter his small world.

   But sometimes, we won’t always get what we wished for. And to be honest, Jongin knew that since a long time ago.

 “You shouldn’t be disheartened Jongin–ah. If you really want to be his friend, then fight for it. Fight for his trust. All the hard works will make your friendship with him more valuable later on”

   Jongin was very thankful that he had Kyungsoo as one of his friends. The older always knew what to say when he wasn’t at his best state. And an encouragement was all that he needed right now. An encouragement to fight for the friendship he sought from Kim Jongdae.

 

   Annoyed would be an understatement to what Jongdae was feeling right now. That kid Kim Jongin was getting on his nerves ever since he put his feet in the school today, starting with the sudden greeting in the hallway. The boy only said a simple ‘hello’, smiled at him while wishing a good day to Jongdae before sauntered off to who-knows-where. And that wasn’t a normal thing for Jongdae. He was slightly grateful that they weren’t so many people in school during that time, although he was quite startled, to say the least, that the younger had already arrived that early in the morning.

   Was it weird or not for the dancer to come as early as a quarter past seven in the morning?

   Well, go and ask his friends and yeah, they would surely sent him to the hospital if you told them that the boy had actually arrived that early, because, well, that boy had never ever came to school earlier than five minutes before the class started. And Jongdae sure knew that since after all, they were in the same class for one whole year before.   

   And Jongdae was almost contemplating whether he should dig a hole for him to hide, or buries Jongin in the grave when the taller had suddenly went to his class during lunch time, bringing some packed meal, and sat on the empty seat in front of him. Oh how he hated the confuse stares he got from his classmates. The younger had tried to make some conversations with him, but Jongdae just kept his blank and expressionless face, focusing on his own food, that eventually shut the younger up.

   At the end of the school day when he thought that the younger wouldn’t bother him anymore, Jongin had actually appeared from nowhere when he was getting ready to get home, asking whether he would like to hang up with him and his friend. Jongdae didn’t even know where on earth did Jongin got the idea that he would accept his invitation, and questioning himself whether the clear ‘no’ that he had said the day before had reached Jongin’s thick skull or not.

   He shook his head and muttered a ‘no’ before making his way to exit the classroom, and really, he could have swear he heard one of his classmates asking some other person who Jongdae is and said that he had never noticed him in the class. A little ironic that is, since it was already in the middle of the school year right now.

   But as ironic as it is, he thought it would be better than people noticing his presence like this and starting to talk behind his back. He hates all the attention that was being directed towards him now. And that was just the thing that confused Jongdae, since he had realized some times during his freshman year that Kim Jongin also hates too much attention.

   So why was Jongin trying to talk to him and befriend him? When that will made others literally paid unnecessary attentions towards the both of them?

 

 

  

 

 

 

 

A/N hello o/

        I’m sorry for not updating earlier, I’m not really good with fast update so again, a lot of apology from me, and tbh I’ve been trying to post this since yesterday, but the connection here just hates me =_=

        I think this story might be a bit longer, maybe a few chapters more.

        And thank you for all subscribers,and those who commented,can I just love you all? T^T /throwscupcake/ I’m really sorry if this chapter turns out really bad /shootsself/

        Read and comment what you think about this ^^

        I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes ;;