Chapter 1

Wallflower

 

 The silent drops of rain was making Jongdae soaked from head to toe, as he was rushing making his way to home and hoping to seek the comfortable warmth from his bed. The coldness of the rain made him shivered and he muttered silent curses to himself, as to why he had been so forgetful and actually forgot to bring the umbrella even though he had actually watched the weather forecast which had predicted it would be raining today.

 ‘’Stupid, stupid Jongdae’’ he muttered again before sneezing softly.

  Reaching home at last, he fumbled with the keys before finally letting himself into the comfort of his home. After getting change from his drenched uniforms, Jongdae made a quick dinner for himself, as it was already getting late in the evening and his stomach was already growling, asking to be filled with decent food. Settling himself at the coffee table in the living hall, he ate the ramen he just made while going through some Chemistry notes, preparing himself for the examination that will be held in a fortnight time.

  After washing the dishes, he went into his room and sat himself comfortably at the study desk, unpacking his books from his bag, finishing the exercises that had been given by the teachers earlier . He looked outside of his window and watched as the silent pitter-patters of the rain continued to flow . He let out a sigh as he continued with the exercises.

 ‘’Alone, again. But then what’s different from usual. I’m just Kim Jongdae, a wallflower who doesn’t have any friends at all.’’ He mumbled silently to himself.

  And that’s Kim Jongdae, the wallflower of Class 3-B, Seoul Arts High School.

 

 

 Jongdae walked through the hallway of the school in silent steps, appreciating the silence of the morning that would be gone when the hallway will be crowded with the other students in about half an hour. He walked to the school garden filled with different types of trees and flowers, a place he would always went to before the class started, getting himself immersed by the chirping of the birds and the cold but comfortable morning breeze. He took out his ipod and scrolled down his playlist before he found one of his favorite songs, ‘Peter Pan’, and pressed the play button. The sweet melody of the song filled the garden and Jongdae felt himself getting engulfed into it.

  After spending about 10 more minutes in the garden, he finally took his leave and made his way to the classroom. The hallway was starting to be filled with the other students and Jongdae rushed his way into the classroom as he wasn’t really fond with the students‘ loud chattering and voices. He sat at his table by the window and waited for the final bell to ring. The students began to pile into the class and Jongdae just observed them as they made their way to their friends or some that were trying to finish yesterday’s homework before  the teacher came.

 ‘Nothing new’ he thought.

  It wasn’t until lunch that Jongdae’s instincts felt that something bad was coming. He finished his lunch in the classroom when suddenly some random whom he was sure wasn’t his classmate, told that the English wanted to meet him, and although he was nearly sure that was a lie (since he was almost sure that Mr. Jang didn’t even realized that Jongdae  even exists, although he was in his class for two consecutive years ,not kidding ), still followed the petite student . He wasn’t really taking the risk of creating a bad image of himself towards the teacher (who knows if Mr. Jang had actually came back to Earth and would finally noticed a person named Kim Jongdae ).

  

   It was when he actually realized they had took the left turn at the end of the hallway instead of the right one which will led them to the teacher‘s lounge, that he finally stopped walking.

 “You’re lying to me right? No teacher was asking me to meet them? Where are we actually going?” he asked the boy in front of him, the calmness never left him, as the boy shifted awkwardly on his feet . He wasn’t going to lie that he wasn’t the slightest bit annoyed. Who’s going to explain it to the Language teacher if she asked him why he’s late for her class? (although he wondered if the teacher would even realized it, he could just entered the class  when the teacher’s teaching and he did kind of sure that others wouldn’t even noticed him)

 “Someone wants to meet you. Don’t ask me why, coz I don’t even know too” the slightly shorter boy , named Kyungsoo, which Jongdae noticed his name  from the nametag he was wearing, said.

  That just left Jongdae more curious. Who even wanted to meet him, the wallflower, that 99% of the school’s population didn’t even realized his existence? He wasn’t really making himself looked pathetic or anything, but that’s the truth, at least for him that is. And besides, Jongdae wasn’t really interested in mingling with others too, so that’s not really a big deal for him. Well, he’ll know who it was in just a few minutes so no need to think hard for that mysterious person.

   Jongdae reached the school’s garden that he was already familiar with and felt himself became more relaxed. Although the garden was rather really beautiful and would be surely a nice place to eat your lunch at, the students still preferred to eat in the cafeteria, or in the classroom, including Jongdae himself , since that would rather save his time.

   So he was left in curiosity again as to why Kim Jongin, his classmate during his freshman year, was sitting on the bench there alone. Despite knowing that the taller wasn’t really a social butterfly too, even though he’s one of the most talented dancer in the school, it’s still weird to see him there instead of eating lunch with his friends in the cafeteria.

 “I’ll get going first, my job is done here” the Kyungsoo kid said and made his way back from where they just came. Jongdae didn’t even bother  to call him back as he knew that it will be no use after all.

 “Jongin-ssi” he called. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

   The latter turned his head around before getting on his feet. It was strange for Jongdae to see the taller boy seemed slightly nervous and fidgety.

 “Urm, so Jongdae-ssi, as you might already know now, I’m the one that asked you to be here “

  A nod.

“Err, so I was wondering…..”

“You were wondering?”

 “I was wondering….“

 “Yeah?”

 “I was wondering-“

  Jongin’s words were cut off as the bell rang indicating the end of lunch break .

 “I’m sorry Jongin-ssi, but if you have nothing to said, then I might as well take my leave now, since I still have a class to attend” Jongdae said, bowing his head slightly and started to make his way back to his classroom.

 “Jongdae-ssi, wait!” the other called. “Alright, I’ll say it. Do you want to be my friend, Kim Jongdae?” the taller one exclaimed.

   And that surely caught the latter’s attention, making him stopped abruptly from continuing his steps.

 

 

 

 

 

1 200+ words of i don't even know what err

sorry if this really turned into a crap

two more chapters i think

subscribe and comment if you want

till then o/