Choi Vernon Hansol

Second Generation Problems

He stood infront of the mirror as sweat drenched his face. He stood the the last step for the dance he had been practicing for months. He looked into the mirror, his face showing nothing. 

As the instructor clapped, he knew that he was finally done with it.

"Good job!" She praised as she smiled at him, "So.. we can go tell your dad now?" 

He rolled his eyes as he walked out of the room without one word. 

 

It was always like that. He would be used for others own benifent. He didn't even have the right to complain anymore. This sad life, is the sad life of the one and only; Choi Hansol. 

He grew up in the shadow of his father. He was raised to be his dad 2,0. It was disgusting. 

 

"Hansolie~" A voice cooed. 

He smiled to see the one and only person who he could actually talk to without the topic of his father, his mom. "Omma! I'm back!" He said while smiling. 

"Ew!" A little voice cried. Hansol turned to the voice and smiled, his younger sister, Baekhee. "Go take a bath!" She screamed. 

"I don't want to!" He screamed while chasing her around the house. 

His mom just rolled her eyes completely normal about the scene that was unfolding infront of her. She secretly smiled because of the cute interaction between them. She knew if her husband was home he wouldn't be allowed to do anything, that isn't practice. 

 

The door was opened. There was a middle aged man standing with pride and dignitity. He shot holes into Hansol just with his glare. Hansol who was just throwing his sister around playfully was now hiding her behind him. 

As if there was a war going on in the living room, the two didn't talk. They only glared. Hansol could feel Baekhee hold onto his pants. That just made him feel like he should save her from his messed up famliy. 

"Choi Hansol." He said in a stern voice while glaring. 

"Choi Youngsoo." Hansol said not backing down. 

"What are you doing? You should be practicing." 

Hansols mom stood up from where she was and walked towards the battlefield, "Hansolie just got home.." 

His dad scoffed, "Then take a bath and practice your vocals." 

Hansol grit his teeth. 

"Then come down for dinner later." 

Hansol nodded. He gently grabbed Baekhee's hand and tugged her along with him as he walked up the stairs. 

 

"Baekhee.." Hansol said as he bended down to be eye level with her. "I'm going to take a bath okay.. Stay im my room. I won't be long.." 

"Arraso.." 

He smiled. She smiled in return then pushed him into his washroom before falling asleep in his blankets. 

 

Hansol hates his dad. It was always like that. He expected 210% from him. It was disgusting. Even when he was sick, he still need to be dancing the the hot practice room. If he lost his voice, he still had to practice singing. 

His mom calls it a miracle that he isn't mute yet. 

At first he thought that it was cool to be just like dad.. Isn't that what everyone thinks? That being like your parents would set you down the right path on life?

It was at first.. Then reality slapped him in the face. 

He doesn't want to be like his dad. He wants to be Hansol. 

But he's scared. He doesn't want to dissapoint. No matter how much he hates his dad. No matter whatever hell he puts him though, he still loves him. He still wants to make him proud. 

And he doesn't want Baekhee in this.. He wants Baekhee to grow up normally, without any music dance routines stuffed down your throat. 

He wants her to grow up normally. Thinking boys have cooties. that way she's still only into him  Study well.. Then find your own path. Not one just given to you. 

Not one like his. 

 

Hansol got out of the bath to be greeted with his sister sleeping underneath his blanket. He smiled then pulled the blankets a little higher. 

After tucking in his sister, the way a father should, but the way that was never done, he made his way to his vocal room. 

 

After hours of vocal practices and voice straining, it was finally done. It only took them a few hours, at the latest. But he didn't care at the moment. He just wanted food. 

 

Hansol walked to the dining room to be greeted with a tense atmosphere. Baekhee was silently eyeing her peas as if they were the most interesting things on the planet.  

Over his moms face was the word tension. 

His dad had the face of-- well..him. 

He sat down beside his sister and began to serve himself. 

 

"Hansol." His father called out with his stern voice. 

"What?" He replied, his voice harsh.

"You're going to come with me for another one of my meetings." 

Hansol rolled his eyes, "Whatever.." 

"Good. Go pack. We'll be gone for a month." 

Hansol dropped his spoon. 

What..?