Hunting past

Second life

IM SORRY THIS IS THE REAL END HAHAHA I JUST NOTICE

 

Once upon a time Jin Xiumin was a homeless man wondering around the streets of Beijing, like many others, victim of a depressing economy and the indifference of a society to busy to look around.

That Xiumin was the shadow of another person  that died long ago, that Xiumin wondered why he ran from his country, why didn’t he let himself be killed by the government of his country, why survive like this, why?

But then some faces, maybe the better faces, of his past became present and pulled him out of his misery. Even when he resisted, even when he always wanted to stay low, to pass unnoticed.

 But when Chen appear at a hospital, crying beside his bed, begging him not to died (some strangers brought him there after founding him pass out on the street on the early stages of a crack overdose), he knew that he had to do something for him, for them. And they opened their hearts and the doors of their house to him and gave him a place in their family. It was for them that he went to the addicts meetings, it was for them that he finally agreed to sell the last of his things to start a life with a comic book store. For them he tried to stay unbroken, even though most times he failed.

A half crazy person with an immortal dream, whos life changed again the day that the unmistakable spleepy eyes, button nose and rosy little round lips of child saw him from the window of his shop. The dream that hunted the nights of his soul was turning real.

It was the tender heart of this little boy, who didn’t see an addict nor a broken person in him, that cured him more, gave him life. “The magic kid” performed his biggest act of salvation and saved him.

Once upon a time, in a jail cell, after suffering torments that weren’t really meant for him, Xiumin wanted to give up, he thanked whatever God was out there for granting him his last life wish and asked him/her to take his soul, free his body from so much pain. However this gods plans were others and this time it was the truth in his heart that pulled him out of jail. A truth that took the shape of another innocent boy who turned a successful man, one of those dreamers that believed in him more than he did, he freed him in more than one way.

And then there was Luhan, always Luhan, there, unmoving, present and alive. He had been that life force every day, when he was Minseok and when he was Xiumin. Luhan had given him the best could have, he had received the best he could give and taken all the rest. Luhan who was sleeping beside him, unaware that there were only two minutes for the clock alarm to go off…and there it was.

The sound only punctuated the growing head ache that he woke up to. He turned over Luhan to turn it off wich his husband found funny.

“Bunny why are you like this so early?”, he teased as he grabbed his and kissed his neck with his eyes close.

“No Han…I need to…”, he finally reached the satanic devise. “My head hurts”.

“Huh? Are coming down with flu too?”

“Maybe? After all Sehan is better now, maybe the bug jumped to me”.

The morning wasn’t different from their usual routine. Lumin was sleepy so she wasn’t in the mood to walk around like she does when she is fully awake, or maybe she is coming down with the flu too. Sehan is tired, his body is after so many days of fever. But everyone is up, even though the boy wont go to school today ( either), the kids will go with their appa to the recently open comic book store where Xiumin has been working in for the past five months.

Luhan droped them off at the store and the morning went on with a napping Sehan and few clients. It was lunch time when a man entered. It was only him, Xiumn and the children.

The tall man walked around nervously, shaking, he was pretending to look at the books, Xiumin could tell.

Sehan was drawing while eating an apple, Xiumins eyes were on the man so badly. He was not a friend. Some minutes, maybe who knows, past and the man finally came to his desk. There was something about his face, he looked familiar, the strong alcohol sent was what put Xiumin on a higher alert. Blood shot eyes, trembling hands, he knew what this person had in his system. The man was bad news, even worse when he spoke.

“Im looking for Kim Minseok”, he mostly breathed out instead of speaking. Xiumins eyes went wide and then he checked on Sehan who was oblivious to the situation, he try to talk as calm as possible.

“L-let me get the children upstairs and…we talk…please?”, the man nodded and when he moved to get Sehan the man stoped him. Long boney fingers around a small wrist.

“Don’t try anything funny”, he warned and wiped his nose with the back of his other hand, Xiumin shoock his head.

“Sehanie?”, the boy looked up to his appa. “Come with appa, I need you to check on Luminie while I talked to this client ok?”, Sehan took his hand and walked with him upstairs where his sister was now napping.

When they got to the small room in wich Xiumin use to sleep before, he looked into his sons eyes and told him very seriously.

“Listen, take this”, he gave him his phone. “call papa, tell him to come to the store now”. The boy was confuse, but took the phone. “Here, lock yourself in ok?”, the boy nodded but there were tears forming in his eyes already. “Don’t, listen to me ok? Lock yourself and don’t open until you hear me or your papa. Sehan?”, another nod. “Ok Im gonna go now, please do as I say…”

“Nno…dont”, the kid whispered.

“Its ok baby. Do what appa told you please…and take care of your sister…I love you”, he said and ran down.

“Papa?”

“Hey honey whats up?”

“Papa please come to the store fast…Appa said to call you”

“Why? Whats happened? Are you ok?”

“Yes please come fast”, he was starting to cry. “Theres a man papa…papa please come”

“What man honey? Where is Xiumin?”, Luhan was walking towards Yifans desk, phone in hand, worry face.

“A man…I don’t know appa said to not open the door until you come…come fast papa Im scared”.

Luhan wrote a note for his brother in law “CALL POLICE TO THE COMIC BOOK STORE”. Yifan didn’t understand much but did as told.

“Im here. What do you want?”, Xiumin asked the man.

“I want you to pay…you took him away from me”, the man said fishing something out of his pocket.

And it was like a ray of sun with the sound of thunder, like the music of the end.