C H A P T E R 1 6

Beautiful Beast

 

C H A P T E R  S I X T E E N

 

The overwhelming pain consumed her and she fell, slumped to the ground with two long spears penetrated through her chest and hips. Hanuel felt her blood drained as she watched her mother's eyes fluttered closed and within a split second, she felt a surge of rage and anger that she had never felt before, nor she thought she would be able to feel. It made her forget what her mother reminded her before, about her gifts being dangerously disastrous, but she didn't even realize it as she had already lost herself when she succumbed to the fury within her. 

Clenching her fists as she took a few steps forward, Hanuel's eyes turned to a freaky glowing blue as she concentrated on those monstrous bastards who killed her mother. Breathing ragged as she could feel the fury burning inside of her, Hanuel lifted her hands and uprooted the trees in front of her. With one swung of her arms, she levitated those trees towards the group of Orions that were closing up on them from the left side of the forest and crushed them to the ground. Heads squashed with bloods splattered everywhere, Hanuel's eyes began to focus on Choi Minsoo and a few other Orions surrounding him. Seeing how she had just killed the other Orions, they started shuffling around panickly and looked for any weapons that'll be able to stop her. One of the orions hurriedly picked up a metal spear and hold it up towards her, frowning and shaking as he threatened her with it. Tilting her head slightly as she made eye contact with him, Hanuel made him turned around and drove that spear into another Orion's neck. 

"WHAT THE ?!!" one of the Orions shouted as they immediately backed away from him. 

Choi Minsoo saw how the man's eyes became blank and lifeless, as if empty without a soul, and so without any hesitation, he snatched the gun from the man beside him and blow the man's head off, shocking the rest of the Orions there. Scowling, he aimed the gun towards Hanuel and fired it. 

"HANUEL!" Hyukjae and Luhan growled as they dashed forward towards the unmoving Hanuel.

However, they stopped in their track when they saw how the bullet stopped in mid air and began to turn back back towards Minsoo. Before Minsoo or anyone else were able to react, the bullet flew right into his chest and he fell backwards with a loud thud. Seeing their strong chief wounded, the remaining Orions panickly yet cautiously aimed their weapons towards Hanuel, shaking in fright. 

"SHOOT! ING COWARDS! SHOOT HER!" Minsoo shouted as he slowly got off the ground, carefully putting pressure on his wounded chest.

Hearing this, the rest of them looked at Hanuel worriedly while the latter just stood fixed in her position. Just when the Orions were about to shoot her, the ground shook unearthly and everything were lifted off the ground. Fallen trees, broken branches, dried leaves, no longer in used weapons;  everything that weren't rooted to the ground were levitated in mid air with gust of wind blowing.

"WH- WHAT THE IS HAPPENING?!" one of the man screamed as he staggered backward.

"I DON'T KNOW! BUT WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!" another man replied, panic and fear evident in his voice. 

"NO!! YOU TAKE ANOTHER STEP AND I'LL KILL YOU!!" Minsoo shouted as he glared at them, threatening them with the shotgun in his hand.

The rest of them nodded their heads but their eyes never left Hanuel. The ground started to shake even harder and everything began to be jumbled up together in a huge whirlwind formation, making its way fast towards where Minsoo and the remaining Orions were standing. This time, whether he's afraid of her or not, Minsoo had to run back into the forest along with his men. Without hesitation, Hanuel released the whirlwind of things on top of those men, earning a loud horrifying screams. She then focused on the trees surrounding them, bending and breaking it on top of them. 

Seeing how Hanuel's losing control of herself, Soomi looked at Hyukjae and weakly said, "Stop her. Stop her before she lose herself even more."

Nodding his head curtly, Hyukjae dashed towards Hanuel and nudged her with his nose to distract her and stop her from whatever that she's doing. However, instead of getting her to stop, the ground shook even harder that he staggered backwards and more trees collapsed in the forest. Hyukjae took a few step back and rammed his head onto Hanuel, bumping her hard enough to make her stumble backwards and lose focus. But what neither of them expected was for Hanuel to bare her teeth at him followed by a loud ferocious snarl ripping through .

"Ha- Hanuel?" Hyukjae voiced out gently and hearing his voice, Hanuel realised what she had done.

Looking at her hands as she backed away, afraid that she'll end up hurting him or any of them, everything stopped and come to a standstill. Hyukjae could see the fear and confusion in Hanuel's eyes, and so he approached her. He rubbed his fur against Hanuel's leg, hoping to make her feel better with his warm touch, and it seemed to work as Hanuel squat down and hugged him tight. She rested her head by the crook of his neck and sighed.

"I- I'm sorry... I- I don't know what got into me..." Hanuel said softly as she sighed deeply, afraid of her own capabilities. 

"It's okay, Hanuel... It's not your fault. Don't ever blame yourself. You just lose control because you're protecting your loved ones," Hyukjae said.

Hearing what Hyukjae had said, Hanuel's eyes widened as she backed away from Hyukjae and breathed out a soft 'mother' before scrambling to her feet and rushed towards Gain's limp body. Slowly lifting her mother's body onto her lap, Hanuel couldn't stop her tears.

"Mother... Mother... Please wake up... Please... Don't leave me... Don't leave Luhan-oppa and me..." Hanuel cried as she hugged her mother tight.

"Hanuel-ah, your mother is... gone, and so will I. You have to be strong, you have to help your brother," Soomi said weakly from on top of Luhan.

"Don't say that, grandmother! You will be okay! You will be fine! You have to! For us!" Luhan said as he turned slightly to the side to look at Soomi.

"I know myself better, Luhan-ah.. and I know I'm not going to survive this..." Soomi said, panting weakly as she could feel herself gradually floating into the other world but because she still has something to say to her grandchildren, she kept fighting on as she continued to say, "Luhan.. Hanuel.. I- I'm really sorry that because of me, all of this happened. I'm really sorry that I caused all of this." 

"No grandmother... Don't say this... Please... Don't leave us..." Hanuel cried as she placed her mother's cold body down and rushed towards Soomi.

"No! You listen to me... You have to get out of here...  All of you... They will find you and they will kill you... There is a small hidden village in Busan called White Water Village... You go there... The people there can help you to f....." Soomi said softly and weakly as she gradually closed her eyes. 

"Grandmother... Grandmother! No! Please! Wake up!" Hanuel shouted as she pulled her grandmother, who had transformed back into her human form, off her brother's back and hugged her tight. 

With tears threatening to spill, Luhan nudged Soomi's pale face gently using his nose. However, when there's no response from her, he broke down crying and laid his head on Hanuel's shoulder. The atmosphere were solemn and painful to watch but when there was slight rustling of leaves in the forest, Hyukjae was forced to intrude the moment.

"I'm sorry but I think we should leave. I- I have a feeling that they might come back very soon," Hyukjae said as he nudged his head against Hanuel.

"But where do we go? What should we do now? I- I don't know anymore, Hyukjae-ah.." Hanuel said in between her tears as she looked at Hyukjae.

"Lets go to the village that your grandmother told us.. maybe they can help us," Hyukjae said as he exchanged glances with Luhan who just nodded.

"But.. what should we do with mother and grandmother? I- I don't want to leave them here.. I want them to have proper burial," Hanuel said sadly. 

"Of course we won't leave them here.. We'll bury them first and then we'll head out to get our things. But we need to hurry.. I have a feeling that the Orions will be looking for us very soon. We have to get out of here by tonight," Hyukjae said seriously as he looked at Hanuel and the rest of them. 

Nodding his head curtly, Luhan said, "Okay, we'll be out of here by tonight.. Right now, I think we need to change back first. Hanuel-ah, call Jooeun to get us some clothes at the back of the van and try to find a few large cloths to wrap mother and grandmother in. W- We need to get moving now."

Hanuel nodded and immediately took out her cellphone to call Jooeun. However, when the calls went straight to the voicemails, she told the rest of them to stay there while she rushed off to get the stuffs. Worried, Hyukjae was about to run after her when Eunhee voluntered to do it, and she ran off. As soon as Hanuel reached the van, she realised that the surrounding were quiet, much too quiet for her liking

"I- It's too quiet.. It feels like something bad is going to happen," Hanuel said softly as she looked over at Eunhee who immediately stood on guard. 

Approaching their van cautiously, Hanuel knocked on the van's rear door and a loud shrill scream bursted from inside followed by a low animalistic growl. The door slide open almost immediately and a black panther jumped out of it, growling ferociously as it did so. Surprised, Hanuel took a few steps back while Eunhee got ready to attack. However, upon seeing who it was that stood before him, the black panther relaxed and stepped back as he changed back to his human form. Seeing that Hanuel seems to recognise the black panther, Eunhee relaxed and changed to her human form too.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you girls.. We were just surprised from the sudden knocking after all the silent earlier," Baekhyun said with smile. 

"No, it's okay.. I- We didn't mean to scare you guys. We ca-," Hanuel was saying but was interupted by Jooeun's and Tao's pretty loud presence.

"HANNIE! ARE YOU OKAY?! WHERE ARE THE REST?! WHERE'S LUHAN-OPPA?! IS HE OKAY?!" Jooeun shouted as she jumped onto Hanuel.

"WHERE'S KRIS?! HE'S NOT INJURED RIGHT?! WHERE ARE THEY?! WHAT HAPPENED?!" Tao shouted as he latched himself onto Hanuel.

"Hey, tune your voice down.. The Orions are still around here and it's not over yet.. We need to hurry and be as quiet as we can," Eunhee said from the other side of the van as she wore the clothes that she had grabbed from inside.

"Sorry," Tao and Jooeun muttered softly, pouting regretfully as they let their emotions took over them without thinking of the consequences.

"It's okay.. I understand how you feel.. Well, both Luhan-oppa and Kris-oppa are fine. But...," Hanuel said softly, her voice hitched in as tears threatened to fall again when she thought about her mother and grandmother. 

Seeing the tears forming in Hanuel's eyes, Jooeun and Tao gasped as they hugged her tight. "Is he- Is he badly hurt?" Tao asked as sensitively as he could. However upon hearing the question, Hanuel slowly pushed him away and looked at Tao confusingly, which made Tao repeated his question in a clearer manner, "Hyukjae.. Is he that badly injured? He should be okay.. right?" 

Upon realising what Tao and Jooeun had actually guessed, Hanuel pushed them away and said, "Hyukjae-oppa is fine! It's not him! It's- It's mother and grandmother! They- They were too badly injured that we couldn't save them. They- They passed away." 

And they didn't expect this at all. No, they didn't expect anyone to die. Were they naive? No, they were just clueless at how dangerous everything is in this new world they've discovered and they only realised this now. Snapping from her train of thought, Jooeun grabbed Hanuel who were taking a lot of clothes from the van and looked at her seriously. 

"What do you need? I'll help you," Jooeun said and Hanuel flashed her a small smile as she pushed the pile of clothes towards Jooeun. 

"Follow Eunhee into the woods and pass this to them. I'll need to find a few pieces of cloths to cover mother and grandmother," Hanuel said. 

"And I'll help you. I- I want to help you," Tao said and Hanuel nodded her head as they both got into the van to look for large pieces of cloths. 

"I'll be on the look out for you guys in case something happens," Baekhyun said as he guarded the van, senses on high alert as he looked around.

Without wasting anymore time, Jooeun and Eunhee headed into the forest and they could see the pack of wolves waiting worriedly. As soon as they saw the clothes in Eunhee's and Jooeun's hands, they changed back into their human form and grabbed the t-shirt and shorts that had been thrown their way. Jooeun's eyes fell onto Gain's and Soomi's lifeless body and she could feel herself tearing up. She had known them ever since she was ten and they were like family to her, especially since her parents goes abroad for business alot. Therefore, it feels like a part of her just died. Luhan had just finished wearing his clothes when he saw Jooeun kneeling by the side of his mother's dead body. Walking up towards her and and back hugging her, Luhan felt a strong urge to protect her and keep her away from his world. 'If separating from you is the only way to keep you alive, I'll do it. I'd rather suffer and die from being away from you than watching you get hurt because of me,' Luhan thought to himself as he hugged her tight.

As if knowing what Luhan was thinking, Jooeun turned to look at him and said, "Don't leave me.. Whatever happens and no matter how dangerous it gets, don't leave me Luhan-oppa. I want to always be beside you. If- If you leave me, I'll die. I can't live without you." 

Sighing, Luhan kissed her forehead gently and said, "I just don't want you to get hurt because of me, Jooeun-ah.. I'd rather die than see you getting hurt because of me.. Maybe you should stay here for a while.. I'll come back for you once everything has settle down.."

"NO! Please oppa! I don't want to separate from you! Please! Don't leave me!" Jooeun said, grabbing onto Luhan's arms desperately as she cried.

Luhan's waver to separate himself from Jooeun broke when he saw her crying in front of him. Immediately engulfing her into a tight hug, he said, "Okay, I'll not leave you. I promise.. I promise we'll always be together no matter what the situation is. I promise.."

Instead of replying anything, Jooeun just nodded her head against his chest and hugged him tighter. They were still hugging each other, engulfed in their own feeling, when Hanuel, Tao and Baekhyun arrived with every piece of cloth that they could find from the van. Upon seeing their soulmates covered in scratches and bloods, Baekhyun and Tao dropped the things that they're carrying and ran towards them who were ready to receive them with open arms. Tao buried his head against the crook of Kris' neck while Baekhyun were lifted up with his legs gripping around Chanyeol's waist. 

"Oh my god.. I'm so worried about you. Are you okay? Are you badly hurt?" Tao asked worriedly as he pushed Kris away and began checking him.

"Hey, relax.. I'm fine.. It's not that easy to hurt me you know," Kris said cockily but seeing how Tao was still frowning worriedly, Kris hugged him.

"Chanyeol-ah, are you okay? Are you that badly injured? Do- Do you need my blood?" Baekhyun asked softly as he hugged the taller man tightly. 

"No, its okay.. I'm fine. How about you? Are you okay? Are your wound better?" Chanyeol replied as he put Baekhyun down to check on his wound.

Sighing as he looked at his soulmate, Baekhyun flashed a small smile and said, "Yah.. I'm not the one who had just finished fighting the Orions."

Chanyeol was about to respond when loud rustling of the leaves could be heard coming from somewhere inside the forest. Exchanging glances with the others, Kris, Chanyeol and Jaejoong immediately helped Luhan to cover up Soomi while Jooeun, Tao, Baekhyun and Eunhee helped Hanuel to cover up Gain. Once it was done, Kris, Chanyeol and Jaejoong carried Soomi towards the van while Luhan and Hyukjae carried Gain. Donghae and Hanuel helped the pretty badly wounded Seungri while the rest of them checked if they leave anything behind that could be traced by the Orions. 

Once they've managed to put Gain and Soomi into the van, Hyukjae turned to the rest of them and said, "Jaejoong and Eunhee, you'll go back to the house and help Seungri with his wound. Donghae, you follow them as well. After he's all patched up, I need you to help me pack all of our clothes so that we can immediately make a move once we're done burying Gain-sshi and Soomi-sshi. Luhan and Jooeun, you'll come with me to the cemetery. Kris, Chanyeol, Tao and Baekhyun, you guys go and get your things from your apartment. We'll need you to bring everything important, passports and all your money as we might leave the country. After everything is done, meet up at Hanuel's house approximately within 2hours. Okay?" 

Nodding curtly, the rest of them moved towards their own vehicles and set off as fast as they could, rushing for time as their life depended on it. 


Pushing the heavy dead body off him, Choi Minsoo groaned as he got up and hissed in pain as he looked at the broken branch that pierced through his shoulder blade. 'ing demons,' he thought to himself as he studied the pretty much destroyed surrounding that's filled with his men's blood.

"SIR! Thank god you're alive! Are you okay?! Oh my god! Do-" one of the Orions who managed to survive through the hell earlier asked but he was immediately silenced by Minsoo who doesn't seemed to be pleased at all about seeing this man survive.

"SHUT THE UP!! Do you want that demon to know that we're still alive?! ing idiot!" Minsoo shouted as he then checked his pants to see if his cellphone was still there. However, when he realised that he had dropped it somewhere, he curses and looked at the man and said, "Do you have your cellphone with you? We need to call out the headquarter to block the ing roads as they will attempt to leave the city now."

"Y- Yes I have!" the man said as he hurriedly grabbed the cellphone from inside his pocket and passed it to Minsoo.

Dialing a familiar number, Minsoo waited for a few rings before the call was answered. "Woongin, set up the roadblocks now. Those ing beasts will attempt to escape town and so I want it to cover every exit and entrance through the city. If you need to, set up traps. They might try to escape in their beasts form. If not, check every car and see if there is anyone who's trying to leave town with luggages. And also, send some backups here. I and one other man is trapped here. Stop cackling you ing maniac! Send someone down now or I'll shoot your ing !" 

Ending the call, Minsoo could hear the tracks of vehicles moving and he curses himself to be stuck there. 'You can escape now but you'll never hide from me! I'll get you! I'll get every single ing one of you!' he shouted in his mind as he clenched onto the cellphone tight.


Jooeun hugged Luhan as they stood before his mother's and grandmother's grave while Hyukjae hugged Hanuel as they gave their final respects to them before they had to leave for good. Seeing that they were running out of time, Hyukjae held Hanuel by her hand and dragged her gently out of the cemetery. Seeing his sister and Hyukjae leaving, Luhan put his arms around Jooeun's thin waist as they headed out too. They were on their way back home when Luhan's cellphone rang and he picked up almost immediately, worried if something else's happened when they were away.

"Luhan, where are you?! We're all ready and we need to go off now! The sun is almost out and the streets will get busy if we don't hurry!" Chanyeol said worriedly and Luhan could hear them moving things about around his house. 

"We're already on our way.. We'll reached in less than 15minutes," Luhan said and Chanyeol replied a short 'okay' as he then ended the call. 

As how Luhan had said, the two couples did reached the house in less than 15minutes. Once they were out of the car, they helped the rest of them to get their luggages into the vans and cars. While the guys were busy getting all the luggages, the girls were looking for any pictures or information in the house that they needed to destroy. After they're sure that nothing was left and that everything they needed to destroy was burnt to ashes, they left the house and Luhan locked the door. Gathering in front of their vehicles, they looked at each other and wondered about their next step. 

Looking at the number of people in the newly formed pack, Jaejoong said, "Hey, I think it's best if we go separately. Our number is too big and they will detect us easily this way. We'll go separately and meet at the village later." 

Nodding, Chanyeol looked at Luhan and Kris and said, "Okay.. So how are we going to divide ourselves?" 

"Why don't we go following our Alphas? Seungri, Jaejoong, Eunhee and I will follow Hyukjae and Hanuel while you, your friend and your soulmate follow Luhan and his soulmate.. If we do that, we can help them in case something happens. Besides, it's our job as Betas to follow our Alphas." 

"Wait. You want me to separate from Luhan-oppa?! I can't! I don't want to! I've already lost my mother and grandmother! I don't want anything to happen to him!" Hanuel shouted as she looked at Luhan who mirrored the same expression as she does. 

"But we don't have any choice Hanuel-ah! We're running out of time and this is the only way! Besides, we'll protect him. It'll be fine," Kris said. 

Pulling Hanuel into a tight hug, Luhan said, "Sweetheart, I know you're worried.. I am too.. But I'm sure we'll be fine.. They are there to protect me and I can protect myself too. So don't worry okay. You take care of yourself and we'll meet at the village."

Hanuel didn't want to let him go but she knew she had to, and so she did. She hugged him tight and then let him go. Luhan wiped the tears that were running down her cheeks and kissed her forehead before he pushed her towards Hyukjae. Looking at the sun that were starting to rise, they rushed to their vehicles and set off immediately. Separating right there, Luhan's pack turned to the right while Hyukjae's pack turned to the left. They were driving in silence and Hanuel kept fidgeting with her fingers anxiously, worried about her brother's pack. 

Seeing this, Hyukjae reached for her hands and held it tight as he said, "I know you're very worried about Luhan but trust me, he is very strong and he can handle himself and his pack. Instead, I think you should take sleep and rest. You've used too much of your strength today."

Hearing what Hyukjae had said, Hanuel sighed as she then flashed a small smile and said, "I guess you're right.. I should trust that he'll be fine with his pack. I'll sleep now oppa. Wake me up if something comes up okay."

Hyukjae simply nodded as he kept his eyes on the road. Hanuel didn't know how she did this or how it happened, but her mind almost immediately found Luhan's as soon as she closed her eyes. She saw him driving up the long road to the exit when she saw a roadblock up ahead. She noticed that the men doing the roadblock wasn't dressed in police uniforms. No. Instead, they were dressed in semi-army uniform that's almost similiar to what the Orions wore. Stopping a couple of cars behind, Hanuel felt her stomach churn when she saw the freaky smile on one of the man's face. 

"Check their boot! Make sure there is no luggages or what nots inside," the man who appeared to be the person in charged said. 

And Hanuel snapped awake, her eyes turning to the freaky blue color as it widened in horror. Without any warning, Hanuel halted the car using her gift, shocking the rest of the occupants in the car. Controlling the car, Hanuel swirve it around and made a u-turn, making its way back to town at an impossibly fast speed. She could hear Donghae and Seungri cursing at the back seat but she didn't stop as she beat all the red lights. Fortunately for her, there were barely any cars at this time, or else she would have killed all of them in a tragic accident.

"Hanuel-ah, what's wrong? Why are we turning back?" Hyukjae asked as he watched the road anxiously.

"Luhan-oppa. He's in trouble. I saw it. We need to hurry now." 


None of them had expected any roadblocks at all but when he was stuck in one, Luhan tried his very best to act nonchalant. However, when the last car in front of him were set free and it was his turn, Luhan gulped worriedly as he moved forward. Jooeun grasped onto Luhan's hand nervously as she watched the man who seemed to be in charged of the roadblock knocked on the window. 

Faking a smile, Luhan said, "Hi good morning officer, how can I help you?" 

Grinning as he studied Luhan's face, the man said, "Well, good morning. We're checking for runaways as there had been a case of smuggling of drug in this town. So we're here to check it out. Mind opening your trunk, boy?" 

Luhan wanted to stall him but with the intense glare the man sent him, he opened the trunk and he could hear the rest of the men shouting 'they've found a suspect', 'get the guns' and 'surround them'. The man from earlier walked back towards him with an unknown creepy smirk. 

"Going somewhere, wolf?"

 


I was supposed to update this last week but my attentions were stolen by Tao (and EXO), and I had too many ideas for my other story that I couldn't really focus on this one. 

But hey, I updated it. But TBH, I'm find this chapter really crappy and all (although I did try my best for it). So I hope you guys can enjoy and leave me comments on what you think about it. And oh, leaving comments also push me to write and update faster. So yeah, COMMENT PLEASE. THANK YOU.

PS: It's not proofread. So do ignore whatever mistakes that you see. THANKS.