The Truth Behind the Confession

My Not-so-Happy Valentine's Day

 

Yama-chan was deep in his thought when he heard what Yuto said. It seemed like it echoed in his mind.  “You love her, don't you? How can you do this to her?”

 

>Flashback<

 

“Yama-chan, what are you doing?” Yuto yelled at him.

 

He didn't respond. He tried shaking Yama-chan's body but he wouldn't budge. He just stayed there frozen in shock.

 

“How can you reject her just like that?”Yuto continued.

 

“You told me you love her, don't you? How can you do this to her?” Yuto added as the tension in the room got stronger.

 

Yama-chan awakened. That line made a great impact on him. It's like a knife that directly hit him. Then, he looked at her with sorrowful eyes. She was still in Kei's embrace. Her eyes were red and sore from crying but that's not her expression right now. She was shocked; her eyes were wide with shock. She has heard everything Yuto said. That complicates things more. She looked at him with a questioning look and then she walked out the door. Kei followed her out. The other members also left.

 

Yuto and Yamada were the only ones left. Yuto and Yamada looked at each other, Yama-chan was mad at his friend for saying that out loud. He didn't want to hurt Hisa more but then he blurted that out which complicates things more. There was a great silence between the two; the room was filled with much tension. They were just both staring at each other. Yuto can’t stand the silent surrounding much longer so he decided to break the silence.

 

“Why are you hurting her when you love her? You're also hurting yourself! What's the matter with you?” Yuto said.

 

Before Yama-chan can reply, a boy punched him in the face. “You told me you love her and you won't make her cry! What are you doing now!?” Chinen said as he was really mad.

 

Then he scurried out of the room to search for Hisa . Both boys were shocked especially Yama-chan. He has never seen Chinen that mad before. But then Chinen's words also stabbed him like a knife. Chinen's punch was nothing against those words. Yes, he did make the girl he loves cry. How can he do that?  But Chinen's anger towards him proves him more that he did the right thing.

 

>End of Flashback<

 

As Yama-chan remembers what just happened, he felt a strong pain in his left cheeks. He can’t believe that Chinen can pull a strong punch like that. It really hurts. Then he remembers the chocolate, where were the chocolates now?  He wants to eat those; they were made by Hisa especially for him.  He really wanted to accept them but then he doesn't want to be selfish. And it's better this way. He was surprised when somebody tapped his back.

 

“Dai-chan?” He suddenly says as he sees the boy.

 

“Here, these are for you, right?” Dai-chan says handing him the box of chocolates earlier.

 

Hisa made these for you so just accept it.” Dai-chan then leaves but he turned around, now facing Yama-chan.

 

“By the way, don't worry, it'll be alright. She's fine now, she even gave each of us a box of chocolates but then yours is bigger! That's quite unfair” Daiki says pouting his lips and showing his box. “Jaa ne!” He then waves at him and left.

 

Yama-chan looked at the box; it was surely bigger than what Dai-chan showed him a while ago. It was wrapped with an orange wrapper with strawberry designs on it. And a white ribbon on top. Hisa surely knew his favorites. He then arrived at his house. He was welcomed by his mother.

 

“Tadaima!” He says as he reaches the door.

 

“Okairi, Ryo-chan!” his okasa replies.

 

Then his mother notices his swollen left cheek.

 

 “What happened to you?” His okasa asks him worriedly.

 

“Did your girlfriend slap you in the face?” Chihiro, Ryosuke's nee-chan teased and Ryosuke's imouto, Mika, giggled.

 

“Nani? You already have a girlfriend? Why didn't you tell me?” His okasa asked.

 

“Iie, I don't have a girlfriend...” Yama-chan replied.

 

“Then, what about Hisa nee-chan?” Mika asked.

 

“She's your girlfriend, right?” Chihiro added.

 

“Iie, she's not my girlfriend...” Yama-chan simply replied. 'I can't be...' he added in his thoughts.

 

“Nani? But I thought you like her, nii-chan?” Mika asked.

 

Yama-chan's hesitating to answer the question. He knew the answer but he can't, for some reasons, say it.

 

“Douie no? I thought she likes you,too...” then Mika saw the box he was holding.

 

“Hey, nii-chan, who's this from? I think it's from Hisa nee-chan!” Yama-chan quickly hides the box.

 

“Hey! Show me the box! It's unfair! Let me see!” Mika says. Somebody got the box from his hands.

 

“Hey! Nee-chan, give that back.” Yama-chan says while chasing his sister.

 

Her sister stopped. “Answer my questions first, then I'll give this back.” she said.

 

“Ehhhhh” Yama-chan said.

 

“Okay, then, I'll just open this and eat the chocolates. I bet they taste really good especially if Hisa made this.” His sister threatened.

 

“Noooo! You can't eat them!”

 

Chihiro pretends to open the box.

 

“Fine, I'll answer your questions!” Yama-chan said angrily.

 

“I thought you’ll still going to refuse. Hmmmm”

 

“Get on with the questions already!”

 

“Okay!Okay!”

 

Suddenly the door bell rang, giving them a moment's distraction. Yamada immediately took the chance and grab the chocolate box from her nee-chan's hands. He then ran to the door and answered the door. He actually knew who that would be. Only that person will come rushing to his house at this time. He will surely receive a great scolding from her. He's right. It was her. But there was a certain aura around her that bugs him. Why in the world is she smiling at him like that?  Something's not right.

 

“What's with that look? Aren't you going to let me in?” The girl said pouting at him.

 

“Right, come in!” Yamada said letting her in. He was still holding the chocolate box.

 

They sat at the living room. “Konnichiwa oba-san! Konnichiwa Chihiro-san, Mika-chan!” she greeted them properly.

 

“Mariya-nee-san!” Mika happily rushed to the girl and hugged her.

 

“Mariya-chan!” Chihiro too hugged her.

 

“Konnichiwa Mariya-chan. So what brings you here?” Yamada's okasa said bringing them snacks.

 

“I just wanted to visit and I guess I have to talk to Yama-chan about something.”

 

“Okay then, I'll leave you two alone. I'll go first at the store to buy ingredients for dinner. I'll go bring Chihiro and Mika with me.”

 

“But Mom, I want to ask Mariya-chan something!” Chihiro said.

 

“You can ask her later” Her mother said. She dragged the two to the door with her.

 

“Okay then, Ittekimasu!” The three left.

 

“Ittarashai!” The two said in unison.

 

When they both made sure that the three left already, Yamada's face turned serious. He started the conversation.

 

“So what do you want to talk about?” He said.

 

Mariya first took a sip from her juice. Her face then turned sour. “You already know why I'm here.”

Yamada just stared at her.

 

“That's from Hisa , isn't it?” She said pointing at the chocolate box that Yama-chan was still holding.

Yama-chan just nodded.

 

“I heard you didn't take it, why is it with you?” Maria asked

 

“Dai-chan brought it and gave it to me.” He replied.

 

“Why did you still take that when you already rejected her?” Her voice turned loud and high pitched.

 

She's getting angry now but she's still controlling her rage. Yama-chan just stared at her.

 

“Why don't you answer me?” Her voice was back to normal. But you can still feel her rage.

 

“I've already heard everything from Ryu-chan so tell me Yama-chan, what's wrong with you?”

 

He was about to say something but he stopped, he have to let her finish so she can be calm. She needs to be calm to understand everything he will say. She needs to let her rage out first.

 

“I know you love her too, that's why I pushed her to do that. Why would you do that? Why? I was hoping that you'll find your love now. I was giving you a chance to fall in love. Why are you ruining it?

When I first met Hisa , I know she's a cool girl and I immediately thought of you and your friends. I know you'll need somebody like her. And when I learned that she likes you, all my hard work paid off. All my plans were falling into place. And then now you're ruining it! What are you doing? She's an innocent girl who loved you not just because you're famous but because you’re you, that's what you want right? So why the hell did you reject her?” She then broke into sobs and started crying.

 

Yama-chan was shocked with what he heard. He didn't know that Mariya did this. He didn't know that much. He didn't know that by doing this, he's hurting many people.

She already made two girls cry today. And this girl weeping before him… he has never seen her cry before. She’s got a strong character, and you can see her always smiling or sometimes harsh and fierce but never gloomy, sad or even crying… but now….

~**~~**~~**~~**~

until here! another cut! haha ^^ but this one's a longer chapter than the previous one ^^ As always thank you for reading guys! And please do comment! ^^