How Come You Don’t Know

SpartAce Collections

As a request from hidatobando - chingu this fanfic specially for you. Hope it's able to reach your expectation. 

 

“Let’s go to dinner. My treat” she blunted suddenly just after the PD ended the filming and received the wide smile of the male. It’s always like usual the winner will treat for a meal. And in cue after she ended her word the cheerful discussion appeared between the thankful members.

“There one new restaurant at Gangnam, let’s go there” the maknae Kwang Soo said.

“Ani, better go to my restaurant. We just launch new menu” disagree the elder Suk Jin said suggested his own restaurant – among his new property that he proud of. His word received with a protested of the maknae but he can’t say anything since the others had agreed. Well the majority won it all.

But all their discussion never came across to one man who just in his silences since before. In his packing to go home, his small eyes sometime glanced to the only female member. His heart felt throbbed and arched upon saw her – the pretty face of her, the sweet smile of her, the kind hearted of her and the lovely smell of her that had became his like. Deeply he had fall in love with her. “Mianhe, I can’t follow you all today. Family matter” out in the blue he said as he grabbed his bag – lying. And without the others able to reply in swift he walked away to the parking where his manager already waited. With the shrugged shoulder they accepted his word as their eyes following his movement.

 

 

*******

 

The white car moved smoothly in the asphalt and inside the car not even a single sound appeared as mutely as the man. The manager of him, Kim Gap Jin who drove the car zipped his mouth focused in his drive when his question before received no word by his talent. Being 7 years with him Gap Jin knew the singer didn’t want to be disturbed. Just he wondered what cause of the man sulkiness – is that because he didn’t won today filming? Weird... it’s so weird.

The said sulkiness man laid his back at the cushion of the car as his mind travelled to nowhere reminiscence today filming. It’s is not because he lost that cause to his emotion now; frankly never he felt jealous over the other winning even he cherish for them but this is all because of her. All this while he always wonder what she thought of him – but today he already received the answer that he searched for. Her choose of her love line over him, the shocking ousted that she done to him and their giggling together keep recalled. The cracked already can be felt in his heart and piece by piece it’s broken down just like a mirror.

Suddenly the music of his song ‘How Come You Don’t Know’ appeared before been stopped as his manager accepted his call. The song felt like . Phrases by phrases, words by words of the lyric touted to his mind make he shook his head to ceased it. Never had he thought his own song would become the music background of his life, his other song ‘One Man’ already became his taboo, now this song can be added in his playlist.

“How come you don’t know, Ji Hyo-ah” he mumbled.

 

********

 

The ray of the sun burn his soul, the white sandy beach felt sticky mixing with his sweat abdomen, the scent of the saltiness ocean reached to his nostril but all its comes to his questioned. “Where am I” he asked as soon he opened his eyes to the strange yet beautiful place.

Alone in the strange world barefooted he walked in searched for any soul – but alas not even a creature he able to found. Walked and walked his foot started to felt sore, redness started to colour his pale skin and thirst started flow cravenness him. Added by the hot from the sun make him more annoyed.

“Jong Kook Oppa... Oppa...” the voice of a girl heard called him. In sudden he searched but unfound.

“Oppa...” the voice heard again.

Followed the voice he ran and keep searched until he found a little girl under the pine tree. Saw him the little girl smile happily showed a chubby face of her. “Hey girl, where this place?” he asked but never received her reply instead she asked “Oppa, would you like to be my oppa?”

“Why?”

“Because I didn’t have Oppa... would you?” she asked again and he just nods.

Received his nod the little girl giggled happily as she started to run. “You will always be my Oppa” she said in her run as he chased her. “Hey! Where are you going?”

But the little girl keeps on run while keeps repeating the word. And the weird happen as the little girl would grow up for each step she had. From a little girl she grows up till become a beautiful lady. “You will always be my Oppa, Jong Kook Oppa” she said again in her stop as the chase man stopped his pace. His jaw dropped as he saw her face.

“Ji Hyo-ah...”

 

 

The knock on the door welcome him back from his dreamland. His lovingly mother’s voice heard and obediently he replied to cue that he already woke up. The radiant of sun splashed inside his room gave him wonder of the hour now, so swiftly he grabbed his I-phone on the desk. He taken aback and draw a dismal smile as he saw the screen; not because of the number stated but to his wallpaper. Their selca picture of yesterday filming that happily he assigned as his wallpaper as soon he received by the staff. The beautiful of her looked stunning in the Snow White apparel and he one of the dwarf that wanted to be her prince. But, she not the Snow White and dismay to be a Witch that came to lure the prince. Although whatever she is, he felt she is really a witch that had chanted his mind and soul – frankly badly he miss her.

Can’t handle the emotion he holding now, without notice his thumb move to number 5 of his speed dial – the habit he always done after he woke up. He really acknowledge whose number he had sign to the centre of the number – it was her; the centre of his attention and attraction.

“You will always be my Oppa...”

Her words from his dream suddenly attracted to his mind make he stopped his movement. The miss and love had changed to sorrow and dull, broken his heart. He didn’t want to be just her Oppa, he wanted more than that... but he knew where she placed him in her life. In her hierarchy he would never be appointed as her king... her partner life. Thus forget his action; he tossed the phone to his bed.

 

******

 

It’s had been three days since the bad day happen. Between those days not even once they had contacted each other. Well, purposely he creates the silent war between them in order to cease out his emotion towards her. His personal phone that he used as his tool of communication with her had he shut it off.

Grabbed his old black work phone he carried along his Adidas bag that motionless lying on the floor – heading himself to the gym. Only that phone he used as his way of communication now as he knew she would never contacted him there.

“Jong Kook Hyung, don’t pull yourself too hard. Yesterday, you had workout for almost 4 hour” Gap Jin voice out as the muscular man reached his destination. Concern can be seen from his eyes. Only a nod he gave him as his assurance; but to forget her just this way he know of.

 

The trail of sweat full over his body wetted all his clothing; it’s had been 3 hours he done his work out. From one station to another he went and has not a sign to stop. The aching already can be felt from his muscle but left care by the stubborn him. He is too focus in his workout until his muscle raging a horrible sound together with the scream of him; and that how it’s stop – but it already too late.

“Jong Kook Hyung!!!”

The muscular man already dropped down on the floor.

 

******

 

 

“Ji Hyo-ah... Ji Hyo-ah...”

That dream came again. He tried to caught her but she kept ran away.

 

honja saranghago

seogeulpeo nunmulnago

gaseumi siryeowado

eonjena naegedo

geureonnali ogetjyo

saranghalnal ogetjyo

barago barada bomyeon

 

                Although I love alone

                Although I tear with sadness

                Although my chest aches

                Someday...

                this kind of days will come to me

                The days I can love,

                I hope and hope...

 

“You will always be my Oppa...” she said again broken his hope.

 

hangeoleum dagagamyeon deo meorijinaeyo

geudaen ireon naemam meoreunayo, saranghaeyo

 

                If I take a step closer to you, you will get further away

                you don’t know how my heart feels like, I love you

 

 

 

“Jong Kook Oppa... Oppa...” might a coincidence her voice enter his eardrum. Her warm touch can be felt in his hand.

 

Another dream??

 

And here she is sat beside him as he opened his eyes – alone. Her eyes full of worried and the traces of tear can be seen. Her hand still holds to his and never had she unleashed it like it’s very a precious to her. “Oppa, are you okay?”

“Yeah sure, Oppa is strong. I’m Sparta” he said jokingly tried to hide his true emotion.

“Cish... don’t bluff. Oppa what had happen to you, why you shut off your phone? You know how much I worried about you” she burst out gave speechless to him. Her tear started to flowed again.

“Hey, MongJi. Don’t cry... Oppa is okay” he cupped her face and swept away her cry. “Sorry, if I make you worried. But did you really worried of me? Why?” bluntly he asked to assured himself. 

“Because... you’re my Oppa and forever be my Oppa...” as he thought of the answer.  

Another piece of his heart broke again.

 

 

“And...”

She took a long breath, unleashed her holding hand.

 

“Because... I Love...You...”

“Don’t you know? How come you don’t know Oppa?” she asked shyly – bitted her own lip. The red spot appeared in her cheek as her heart raced. Face down to the floor unable to face him.  

 

“As I didn’t know... there also you don’t know Ji Hyo-ah...”

“Actually...”

He grabbed her hand placed to his chest.

 

 

“I... Love...You... too...” 

 

And his playlist and music background change again.