Confusing Situation

Confession

                Baekhyun can not tolerated Joonmyeon mistook last week when they had the holiday to the villa. Now he always stick together with Kyungsoo. He never let Suho approached Kyungsoo. He never allowed his leader sat near Kyungsoo in every variety show, although he eventually had to succumb because the manager wanted appa and umma sitting side by side.

                Baekhyun and Kai look like Kyungsoo’s  two guaradians who never let him alone these days. Because if he’s alone, he would immediately remind the moment he heard Joonmyeon confessed and turn into sadly upset man again.

                And Kyungsoo learned quickly that he should not be like this forever. It doesn’t fair for the members. His feelings is his private matter. He should be able to separate the personal issues with work.

                So after a week, he's back to himself as usual, cheerful, and always eager to help other members as a mother, even though he can’t forget his feelings to the Korean leader.

                Today, Kai, Luhan, Lay and Sehun have to go to SM and meet the choreographer because of the new dance movement. Chen, Xiumin, Tao and Chanyeol have different schedules but still concerning on their work. Only Kris, Joonmyeon, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo are free right now. Kris and Suho are chatting in the kitchen and eating bluberry cheese cake which Kris bought this morning while Kyungsoo and Baekhyun watching TV.

                “Kyungsoo-ya, it will be boring. I wanna go out but I don’t know where about. Any idea?”

                Kyungsoo didn’t reply right away. He’s thinking for a while then answered. “How about shopping?” His eyes shinning bright suddenly.

                Baekhyun roll his eyes. “Oh no.. Shopping? Again?”

                “Good idea! I’m in!” a voice shouted from the kitchen. Few seconds later, Kris appear and grin to Kyungsoo. “I need to buy some new clothes.”

                Baekhyun and Kyungsoo steal a glance each other. Actually they didn’t expected Kris is gonna  get involved in their plans. Not because they don’t like Kris, but more because there’s Joonmyeon with Kris and it’s impossible if Kris leave without him.

                Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had no other choice but to accept the request. They decided to shop in Apgujeong area then. While Kris and Kyungsoo were picking out clothes to be bought, Joonmyeon asked Baekhyun to speak eye on eye in the corner of the room.

                “Baekhyun-ah, I’m so sorry about the conversation we had last week. It wasn’t on purpose to hurt Kyungsoo like this. I’m sorry..”

                Baekhyun do the flat expression on his face. “I can accept it only for myself because you did argued to me. But for hurt Kyungsoo wasn’t as easy as I had imagined.”

                “What’d I do to fix up this situation? Please let me know, I can’t stand this guilt.”

                “You should think twice before, right?”

                Joonmyeon sigh. “I know, I’m guilty. But please, let me do the best to make everything alright as before. At least, let me talk to Kyungsoo and..”

                “And makes him even sadder? I thought I had told you before that you’re not allowed to be swarmed around him except on stage or in front of camera. Expect those situations, keep dreaming hyung. Please respect his feelings right now. He’s not ready yet to talk anything which had concerned to that night. Let him alone for a while.” Baekhyun look scary when he explained these words to his leader.  

                “If he’s ready, can I talk to him? Can I clarify everything?”

                “Is there something you want to clarify? I thought he heard enough that night. Hyung, I know you’re worry about this team if you and Kyungsoo keep in distance, but for his own sake, please let it be for a while.”

                Joonmyeon can only accept the younger requests. It’s continuously tortured him after that night. “Fine.. But let me asked one more question. I promise this is will be the last one.”

                Baekhyun just rose his eyebrow, waiting for the question.

                “Are you and Kyungsoo trully dating right now?”

                Baekhyun falls in silence.

*

                “Hyung, why you took me out? Baekhyun and Joonmyeon hyung are still inside.” Kyungsoo remonstrated when Kris pulled his hand out of the store when they have finished purchasing the stuffs.

                Kris didn’t answer at all until they find the best seat in the café which is located approximately one block from the store where they shopped earlier.

                “Hyung.. What if Baekhyun..”

                “We need to talk.” Kris looks serious.

                Kyungsoo realized. He has to face Kris question about himself and Joonmyeon. He’s one of the leader, sometimes he needs to know if there any problem among the members.

                “Did you heard anything which Joonmyeon said in the villa?”

                Kyungsoo just nodded reluctantly.

                “Did you heard from the beginning till the end? Are you sure you didn’t miss any words?”

                “Yes, I didn’t. I’m sure because I’ve seen Baekhyun went to the kitchen so I followed him. I didn’t realized that Joonmyeon hyung was leading Baekhyun into the kitchen. Then I heard he talked..”

                “Kyungsoo-ya, do you believe in anything you heard?”

                “I don’t know, but I believe in Baekhyun.”

                Kris covered his face with his palm. He knew Kyungsoo will say anything like this because he’s leaning on his shame. Sometimes Kris want to knock down Joonmyeon’s head according to his words. He’s smart actually, but in some case, he’s obviously fool.

                “And do you know it’s hurting Joonmyeon a lot by acted like this?”

                Kyungsoo glared. “And do you think I didn’t got resentment due to his words?”

                Kris is ignoring the words earlier and keep attacking Kyungsoo with the further questions. “Just in case he want to talk to you, can you deal with it?”

                Kyungsoo stand up directly. “I’m done here.” He’s turning back from Kris and ready to make his first step when he heard Kris speak up in anger.

                “Don’t you know he’s the one who got heartache everytime he saw anyone getting closer to you? Don’t you know he’s the one who got depression when he find out you're choosing Baekhyun? Don’t  you know he was holding his feelings so much just because he didn’t want to be the one who ruined everything by declaring his love to you, why if you turn it down?”

                Kyungsoo’s body was frozing on the spot. He’s unable to move, to think or to take any other actions when he heard Kris’s words. Did everything he just heard were true?

                “I know you were hurt. But please look around, not only you felt that way. Maybe someone felt the same or even worse. Just because you were hurt by Joonmyeon, didn’t mean he wasn’t felt guilty at all.”

                Kris stepped forward Kyungsoo then blocking the younger’s way. “This is not my business actually, but I don’t want my friends end up like this.”

                “I just..”

                “Curious? He told me everything. About himself, about yourself, about his feelings to you, and about something he can not be explained when you're both together in a super close distance..”

*

                Kyungsoo can’t think anything except Kris’s statements. He even didn’t realized when Baekhyun and Joonmyeon came to the café and nag them for daring to go without their knowledge. He keeps remain speechless on their way back to dorm.

                Suddenly he feels someone nudging his hand. “Kyungsoo-ya, we’re arrived already. Why are you still sittting down here? Come on.”

                Kyungsoo looked toward to the speaker then he find Joonmyeon still there, sitting down right next to him in the car. The distance between them is so close, Kyungsoo even can feel his breath against his face. His eyes open out widen, his face flushed instantly, he could feel his cheeks were hot because of the distance between them, or maybe because the fact that he had just heard that Joonmyeon liked him and he was impressed enough so he felt nervous easily in front of the Korean leader.

                “You look red. Are you okay?” Joonmyeon touch his forehead, he even looks serious.

                “I-I’m okay. Where’s t-the other?”

                Joonmyeon sighs. “Actually, they back to the dorm first. I asked them to, because I need to talk to you. Baekhyun was objected my request but yeah, you know, finally he can understand. I just need a few minutes with you, talk everything to you so there’s no more hurting space like this as before.”

                Kyungsoo could feel the sweat on his palms now. Things that happened when he was nervous. He’s not ready yet to talk to Joonmyeon. He needs to think about it. He needs to discuss it with Baekhyun and Kai. And he needs to convince himself that all of Kris’s avowal earlier were true.

                ‘Was it true? Or Kris just trying to make both of us to make it up?’

                “Kyungsoo-ya..”

                Kyungsoo couldn’t speak. He squeezed his hands, trying to drown out the heartbeat that pounding faster twice when he heard Joonmyeon's dreamy voice. No, it’s not a voice, it sounded more like a sigh.

                “What happened between us? Why did our relationship turned out to be like this?”

                ‘Somebody help me!’

                “You know, I don’t know who’s started it first. But if there’s someone to blame, just blame on me. This is all my faults, even though I can’t find which part was my mistake. We were close. You’re my favorite one. But suddenly you kept the distance to me. Then you’re starting to avoid me. And we’re end up like this. Why? I.. I miss you.. My miss my lovely Kyungsoo. Where’s him? Please take him back to me.”

                Kyungsoo feel a thousand knives piercing his heart. It hurts to hear the Joonmyeon’s lamentation. If he doesn’t talk aything now and keep listening to the leader, his heart would torn apart. A big regret will probably come if he insisted to remain the silent.

                “Kyungsoo, please forgive me. Forgive me for anything I’ve done that hurt you. I didn’t mean it.”

                ‘So, he still deceived his feelings? Or Kris was he one who lied to me? But what might someone like Kris did lie?’

                “Hyung.. No one to blame in this situation. Probably it was just a misunderstanding that makes us like this. Forget it hyung, I'm sorry if my attitude a bit stupid some time ago.” Kyungsoo speak up finally.

                Joonmyeon stared the younger deeply. “Can we start all over again?”

                Kyungsoo smile sincerely then nodded. “Sure hyung.”

                Joonmyeon finally can breathe easily. “Thank you, Kyungsoo. Thank you very much.”

                The sun is shinning so bright, but it can’t covered the gloomy in Kyungsoo’s heart. Sooner or later he had to be able to restore the situation back to normal. If Joonmyeon decided to remain silent and covered up his feelings, Kyungsoo sure he had his own reasons. Perhaps, they both just can not be together indeed.

*

                Happy days are back. Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon is back as before, cheerful and full of spirit. Joonmyeon still show his love to Kyungsoo as his wife who always cherish their children in front of the camera, but still also paying attention to his favorite member.

                Although Kris and Baekhyun still considering them as two stupid guys who standing hard to hide their feelings, but whatever their decision, maybe that's the best way to slove their heart problems.

                The only thing which is making Baekhyun regret was he has admitted that he and Kyungsoo not actually dating to the leader. That’s mean, he could not make Joonmyeon jealous so he finally can expressed his true feelings on Kyungsoo.

                “Guys, did you see Kris?”

                The boys who watching movie in the living room simultaneously shaking their heads.

                “I saw him went out, but I don’t know where about.” Sehun responded but his eyes keep on the screen.

                Joonmyeon have tried to call Kris several times but he didn’t answer the call. He looks around and count the rest of the members. Then he found that Kyungsoo isn’t there too.

                The door knob opened suddenly then two men figures enter the room. They’re Kris and Kyungsoo. Joonmyeon does not feel anything at the moment if he’s not realized Kris hands is grasping Kyungsoo’s fingers tightly.

                They entered the room with a happy visage on their faces. Everything seems like they were engaged in a fun conversation earlier. They eve seemed comfortable and don’t disturbed by the eyes of the other members which staring at them with a curious look on their clutch.

                “Where have you been? I tried to call you many times but no answer.”  Joonmyeon asked.

                “Me? Oh, I left my phone in the room. I just finished meeting my friend from Canada.” Kris answered as he open his shoes.

                “With Kyungsoo?” Joonmyeon can feel the strange tone in his voice.

                “Oh.. Yeah.. It was fun you know. My friend is a singer so he asked me to bring a vocalist from EXO. It just like, he wanna share the singing experiences.”

                “Why were you picked Kyungsoo?” The odd tone still on his voice. Joonmyeon noticed. But he can’t make it better.

                Kyungsoo, who’s being the ‘main topic’ in this conversation just can be confused with Joonmyeon’s attack. What’s the problem now?

                “Because he’s a good singer in our group, so..”

                “You have Chen and Luhan, why you didn’t pick them instead?” Joonmyeon talked tough.

                Kris doesn’t answer. He’s staring on Joonmyeon. His sharp gaze can’t be identify as an anger, offended, or confused. The Chinese leader just keep an eye on the Korean leader in silent. He’s walking forward Joonmyeon and stop in front of him.

                 “Stop being overprotective to Kyungsoo. He’s a free man. Release him if you could not make it yours.” Kris whispered softly then leaves the Korean leader who froze in his place, justify the words of his friend.

*