Being Ignored

Confession

                The interview just finished around ten minutes ago and now both EXO K and EXO M members are preparing themself to go back to their dorm for little bit rest before head to China for another talk show schedule tomorrow morning.

                Kyungsoo was putting his belonging into his back pack when Jongin come over and sit down on the chair in front of him, start to whining about Sehun who can’t stop teasing him how tan his skin compared to the magnae. He’s keep talking for two minutes then realize that his hyung wasn’t listening properly or probably at all. It seems like Kyungsoo’s mind isn’t in the right place right now.

                “Hyung? Are you listening?” Jongin looks cranky.

                Kyungsoo deeply sigh as the answer. “I’m listening. But I can’t help you to do something you wish except to hear all of you’ve said. I can’t thinking right now. It just..”

                “I know. You’ve been reminded by his act along the interview. Listen hyung, either you or him are gonna confess one day. I’m pretty sure. But for now, just let it flow.”

                Simple, Kyungsoo got jealoused when Joonmyeon mentioned Kris name frequently as his best mate in EXO during the talk show. He even showed his love message to Kris and did the heart shape with his fingers. When Kyungsoo saw it, he found himself froze and lost his mind. He could only maintain his fake smile in front of the camera for the fans who’s watching the show.

                Only Jongin knows how deeply Kyungsoo’s feelings to their leader, Joonmyeon. Every single day Kyungsoo tries to hide the fact that how much he loves the leader since their first met. He never care if Joonmyeon didn’t pay any attention to him as the way he always wanted, as long as he can see Joonmyeon everyday, in every condition, in everytime. And he thank God that SM decided he and Joonmyeon as EXO K members, means they’re keep sticking together in a group, never be separated and live in a same dorm although in the different room. Imagine if one of them were the member of EXO M, how sad Kyungsoo’s life.

                And nowadays, Kyungsoo’s role as an umma while Joonmyeon as an appa for their ‘kids’. That’s good because he and Joonmyeon can show their affection all the times and act as the perfect parents then. And Joonmyeon did very well as a leader. He take care the demands and needs of members, while Kyungsoo’s take care of the food, cleanliness and the health of the members. They both cooperate very well.

                The only problem is Joonmyeon do anything in a sincere way, no special reason behind it except being a good leader for the members. So when he treats Kyungsoo well, half part of Kyungsoo’s heart was scream out loud how unfair it is. He wants Joonmyeon touch him in feelings. He wants the leader treat him special as a lover, not a member like usual.

                In the beginning, he can accepted the fact. Like he thought before, it doesn’t matter as long as Joonmyeon there with him. But longer he felt something unusual, especially when Joonmyeon glancing or touching or laughing or hugging or whatever in the name of hell he did to other members, in this case Kris.

                “We’re gonna stop in a restaurant and get our supper. So all you can do in the dorm is sleep and packing for tomorrow.”  Manager said when they sat already in the car.

                When they arrived in the restaurant, Kyungsoo choose to sit between Kai and Baekhyun. But unfortunatelly, the only person he had to avoid this time, Joonmyeon, take the sit right in front of him and smile.

                ‘Oh can you stop smile at me? Don’t you know, I mad at you right now!’

                “Kyungsoo-ya, what you’re gonna eat? I’m not that hungry so I think you can order something that we can share together.” Joonmyeon talk to Kyungsoo over the menu list.

                “I..I.. Don’t know..”

                Joonmyeon raised his eyesbrows then pick something on the menu list which he thought can make them both full. When the food has come, Joonmyeon pulled her chair forward so he can be closer to Kyungsoo and start to eat.

                “Happy eating!” he exclaimed happily.

                He ate in silence, but sometimes humming a song. “Kyungsoo-ya, open up your mouth.” Joonmyeon feeding a slice of beef into Kyungsoo’s mouth. The reddish tinge appeared on Kyungsoo’s cheeks suddenly as his eyes opened wider than before.

                “Hey.. You look cute with that facial expression. Come on, open up your mouth, don’t seduce me with that look.” Joonmyeon repeated.

                Kyungsoo open his mouth slowly and let the meat get into his mouth. He can’t speak or act anything in this situation, his heart is beating faster and he can feel his hands are sweaty within Joonmyeon’s act.

                “How does it taste? It’s good right? You look tired so you should eat a lot to restore your strenght. Come on, open up your mouth again, you should taste this one.” Joonmyeon shows the piece of a snaps.

                At the first, no one noticed what their these two did until Sehun glance at Joonmyeon and staring over the elder.

                “Hyung you..”

                The rest of the members noticed and looks toward to their ‘parents’. Jongin looks try hard to holding back his laugh while Baekhyun and Chanyeol begin to laugh out loud.

                “Ohoooo.. Look at you two. Don’t tell me your relationship is more than just a fake married couple but conversely.” Chanyeol scoff.

                “Even Kyungsoo’s face is turning red now. Is there something you hide behind us? Tell the truth!” Baekhyun intervened.

                Only Jongin sit quietly and enjoy the food as if nothing happened before since he can handle his mouth from laughing. He knows, if he say something to support Baekyeol taunt, he's only going to get Kyungsoo embarrassed. Moreover, it did not help Joonmyeon to realize kyungsoo’s feelings.

`               “Why? I’m the elder remember? I’m the leader also. Is it a sin if I show more concern to the younger member? And Sehun-ah, don’t look us like that, I did treat you well also in our room. This is the same.” Joonmyeon explained. His head facing the rest of the member while his hand keep feeding Kyungsoo.

                He even didn’t noticed Kyungsoo’s face got blushed and his eyes seems will be shed tears in a second. He didn’t know that his explanation were cut Kyungsoo’s heart into pieces.

                ‘He never cared about me personally. He did this things all the way because of his obligations as a leader. I got it. I can understand.’

                Kyungsoo just wanna hide his face all right away or bury himself in order Joonmyeon can not see the sadness displayed in his face clearly.

*

 

                Kyungsoo gave the leader time a week. He remains hopeful Joonmnyeon at least realize that kyungsoo really like him. But as usual, Joonmyeon never noticed. And this is makes kyungsoo increasingly miserable. The more Joonmyeon be nice to him, the more he felt languished.

                ‘I know there’s no hope. I just have to accept it, trying to forget it and live on my life normally. Completely move on!

                Kyungsoo has determined himself to be completely forgotten everything. He should be able to do it even though it may initially hard since he and Joonmyeon were in a same team.

                So since the day he pledged, Kyungsoo started to avoid Joonmyeon everytime. He wasn’t displaying them in front of others. He tried to act casually when they are on stage or in front of the cameras or in front of the other members. But once the camera off, he will begin to ignore Joonmyeon and busy with other members or listening to music from his iPod.

                Joonmyeon is not fool. He felt the change of Kyungsoo’s demeanor and want to inquire the cause. But everytime he wants to ask, there’s no chance. Sometimes he thinks maybe Kyungsoo was in trouble and needs time for himself to be alone. But sometimes he got doubt when he saw how happy Kyungsoo if he was with the other members.

                Once EXO had radio interview. Kyungsoo did good job of fooling everyone. He showed how much he’s caring and loving the members especially ‘the appa’. But when the inverview finished, he turn out to be a cold man who always avoid the leader.

                Joonmyeon sit down next to Kyungsoo who enjoying the music by the earphone. And miraculously, Kyungsoo did not look like he was sitting with other people on the bench.

                “Kyungsoo-ya, what are you listen to?”

                Kyungsoo keep silence. Joonmyeon pull out the right earphone from Kyungsoo’s ear, make Kyungsoo turn his head right away.

                “Why you..”

                “I asked you before, didn’t you listened?”

                Kyungsoo shooks his head. “What happen?”

                “Nothing.. I just want to talk something to you.” Joonmyeon talk in doubt.

                “What about?”

                Joonmyeon sigh deeply. The person he’s talking to right now isn’t Kyungsoo he has been known. This man isn’t Kyungsoo who always care and hear all of his words in every conditions, no matter what. But why he act like this suddenly?

                “Kyungsoo-ya..” Joonmyeon grab the younger man’s hand slowly then hold it tightly. “Are you okay? You know.. It’s seems I did a mistake to you.”

                Kyungsoo is like getting a sudden heart attack due to the soft touch on his hand, immediately release the grip and try to calming down the heart throbs that beating fast and loud enough at the time. He is too afraid Joonmyeon can hear it and finally realized his feelings. This can be confirmed with definitive rejection from the leader.

                “I’m okay. And you didn’t do anything wrong, hyung. Don’t worry. I just need to be alone.”

                Kyungsoo then stand right away and walked quickly toward Baekhyun and Chanyeol, left the elder who look at him sadly.

                ‘Kyungsoo-ya, what happened to you? Why are you keep ignoring me like this?

*