01;

Allow Me To Fall In Love Again With You

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

 

Junmyeon crosses his legs as he read through the words of his newspaper. He draws a satisfied smile on his face as he’s utterly satisfied with what’s written on the paper. He flips the next page and nods at the articles; the smile never leaves his sweet angelic face. Why won’t he smile foolishly, by the way, when the business section on the morning paper talks about how successful he’s company has been these past few years?

 

 

He puts down the paper, takes a deep breath, and let it out as a sigh, “You’re great, Kim Junmyeon. You’re really great.” He murmurs to himself proudly.

 

 

He doesn’t know he’s being watched by two concerned souls from his back. Luhan sighs at his brother who is self-praising himself in front of himself. The other man looks indifferent though. Sehun looks like he doesn’t care most of time; but really, he cares about his Junmyeon hyung. Who would have thought that the great Oh Sehun cried miserably at the hospital lobby when Junmyeon’s being rushed inside the emergency room with Jongdae who was also unconscious?

 

 

“Do you think he’ll be fine?” Luhan asks as his eyes are still glued on Junmyeon.

 

 

The younger shrugged, “He’s survived a sever car accident, this little mess won’t shake him, trust me. Besides, you’re his doctor, why are you asking me if he’ll be fine when it’s your job to monitor him.”

 

 

Junmyeon turns around when he becomes aware of the murmuring voices. His smile grows wild to find Luhan and Sehun. He raises his hand, holding the morning paper, and waves it mischievously on the air, as If boasting what’s written on it.

 

 

“Hyung, I’m great!” Junmyeon beams like a teenager who did well in his entrance exams. “The paper writes about our company. The whole section was about how great our company has been doing under my supervision.”

 

 

“Of course,” Luhan smiles at his little brother. It’s actually inappropriate to refer Junmyeon as his little brother when he goes by the age of 30 and Junmyeon goes by the age of 29. Who cares? Junmyeon is a lot years younger… for now.  “You became what you wanted be. You became what dad has wanted you to be.”

 

 

Junmyeon slumps on the couch, “It’s pretty interesting—I can’t believe it,” he laughs wholeheartedly and Luhan’s glad he’s able to hear his donsaeng’s laugh again. “You—at the age of 30 you’re a successful surgeon. And Sehun—woah, I never thought you’d become a psychiatrist. Like, you were much of a psychotic obnoxious introverted brat as far as I remember,”

 

 

Sehun shots him a glare, “Hyung, that was me 6 years ago,”

 

 

“Yeah, I remember you dumped me 3 months ago!” Junmyeon suddenly remembers and points it out at Sehun accusingly.

 

 

“Hyung, that was 6 years and 3 months ago to be exact. Plus, why would I date you? I was far more interested on Luhan hyung that snooping with you,”

 

 

Luhan just laughs at the awaken memories. He remembers being a selfish brother back then because he was supposed to be sad that Junmyeon was dumped. But no, he was silently jumping inside because it was Oh Sehun who dumped him. He just waited a little more when Junmyeon has finally over with his first heartbreak.

 

 

“I feel betrayed, hyung,” Junmyeon comments sourly and glares at the two.

 

 

“If I didn’t dump you, you’d never be able to meet Jongdae hyung so stop complaining. I actually made you a big favor and you’re very much welcome, hyung.” Sehun drops almost bluntly.

 

 

Luhan looks at Sehun disturbingly because Sehun’s not supposed to say that.

 

 

“Jongdae?” Junmyeon asks.

 

 

Luhan falls silent. He knows better that it was all an accident, that no one wanted what happened. But he can’t help but to blame Jongdae for what happened. He almost lost his donsaeng because of him, how’s he supposed to feel? How’s he supposed to react? He knows he needs to apologize to Jongdae when they meet. He doesn’t need to feel that way because Junmyeon’s all fine, happy and dandy, while Jongdae is still in the hospital, still recovering after waking up after 2 weeks of being in a state of coma. He hasn’t even visited Jongdae and told him that Junmyeon is all fine now.

 

 

“’Jongdae’ is kind of familiar,” Junmyeon says.

 

 

Luhan immediately looks at him, eyes beaming, “You remember Jongdae?” Sehun waits for Junmyeon’s response as well. Maybe he’s in the process of recovering.

 

 

“No,” Junmyeon shakes his head childishly, “I just remember having a dream. I was like—I was saying, ‘Stop, Jongdae. Stop being so stubborn,’ And these past few days, that name just kept on popping inside my head. And it causes my head to hurt because I try to fish out something inside my brain about Jongdae.”

 

 

“Hyung, when you remember something, stop fishing out and just let it flow like a VCR. Trying so hard just blocks your memory,” Sehun explains in detail. I think I should give you a medicine regarding your severe headache.

 

 

“When you tried to remember about Jongdae, what did you get?” Luhan tries.

 

 

Junmyeon soflt shakes his head, “Nothing. My dream was always blank. Just—I was muttering his name over and over again.”

 

 

Luhan smiles at the corner of his lips. Of course, how can Junmyeon forget Jongdae’s name when Jongdae has made his brother write the word ‘Jongdae’ in a white wall, 2 meters in height & 5 meters in width. Jongdae didn’t actually told Junmyeon to do it. Junmyeon was just so stubborn in showing his feelings. He was so childlike back then that he kept on boasting to Jongdae that he could do anything and everything for the latter. He clearly remembers how sarcastic Jongdae’s scoff was.

 

 

“Who is he, by the way?” Junmyeon asks.

 

 

Luhan looks at Sehun and Sehun nods at him. Sehun takes a deep breath before opening his mouth to talk, “Jongdae is… Jongdae hyung is your boyfriend, hyung.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Jongdae hyung was with you when the accident happened. Jongdae hyung is your… boyfriend.” Sehun says as calmly as possible.

 

 

“Wait, what?” Junmyeon raises his voice a little bit higher.

 

 

Sehun looks at him, “What? Have you become deaf or something didn’t you hear me?”

 

 

“No, I mean—yes, I mean no,”

 

 

“Junmyeon,”

 

“Hyung, I was discharged 3 weeks ago and you just told me that I had a boyfriend?” Junmyeon can’t help but to really raise his voice to a higher level. “Hyung, to say the worse, he was with me inside the car?!”

 

 

“Junmyeon, look, he’s fine. Chanyeol called 2 weeks ago and he said Jongdae has woken up and—“

 

 

“And you didn’t tell me?” Junmyeon asks accusingly.

 

 

“Why are you so mad, it’s not as if you remember him,” Sehun drops indifferently, earning a glare from Luhan and Junmyeon and realizes in the end that what he said was wrong. “Okay, I’m sorry. Jongdae hyung is fine. He’s in the process of recovering and—“

 

 

“Did you tell him about me?”

 

 

The both of them fall silent at Junmyeon’s question.

 

 

“Did he ask about me?”

 

 

Junmyeon groaned in frustration when Luhan and Sehun’s silence pushes the sense of affirmation that they didn’t tell the guy named Jongdae about him and vice versa.

 

 

“Junmyeon, why’re you so mad? We didn’t tell you because both of you are still recovering.”

 

 

“I am mad because both just made me a bad boyfriend. What? I wasn’t there when he woke up. What if—wait, does he suffer from amnesia as well?”

 

 

“No, he’s fine. Chanyeol calls me from time to time. Jongdae has been asking about you and—“

 

 

“Hyung, I really hate you,” Junmyeon cuts him off.

 

 

“How can you feel something when you don’t even remember anything? It’s not Luhan hyung’s fault. We also didn’t tell Jongdae because what would he feel if he knows that you don’t remember him at all? It won’t help, hyung.”

 

 

The room is flooded with silence. Junmyeon could care less not because he remembers something but because he's supposed to care in the first place. Figures, it's instincts.

 

 

"I want to meet him, hyung," Junmyeon declares, "He's probably looking for--"

 

 

 

The door suddenly flies open, revealing a young man in a hospital gown. Luhan is surprised to see Jongdae. Like they were just talking about him 2 minutes ago and here he is. Junmyeon looks at him with bewilderment and notices that the man is almost in tears.

 

 

“Yah, Kim Junmyeon!” Jongdae’s tears fall from his eyes the moment he mutters the latter’s name. He runs towards Luhan’s brother, “When I told you to trust me, why did you trust me?! You shouldn’t have trusted me!” Jongdae flies his arms around Junmyeon and tightens the hug around his neck. Junmyeon can feel his shirt being drenched in tears. He looks at his brother and wonders.

 

 

Jongdae’s soft sobs silently echoes the room, “I hate you, hyung.” Jongdae sniffs, “You scared the hell out of me.”

 

 

Luhan finds Chanyeol entering as well. The tall young doctor walks towards them slowly, “I’m sorry. He’s not eating anymore and as his doctor, I can’t possibly watch him and do nothing.”

 

 

Luhan gives him a soft look and a heaving sigh. Of course, he should’ve expected this. Jongdae is stubborn, always have and always will. Luhan takes a deep breath before finally muttering the crying man’s name, “Jongdae,” he mutters softly.

 

 

 

“Jongdae?” Junmyeon echoes.

 

 

Luhan presses his lips into a thin line. He mentally thanks Sehun for being there by his side because if not, he has already fallen off his knees. He feels Sehun’s protective arms around his waist and he finds himself leaning to him.

 

 

“Hyung, you have to tell him,” Sehun whispers. “Jongdae hyung needs to know,” assures the younger.

 

 

When Jongdae finally releases Junmyeon, Junmyeon stares blankly at him. Jongdae reaches his fingers to his eyes to wipe the tears and Junmyeon still continues to stare at him. After a minute or two, Junmyeon shifts his gaze to Luhan.

 

 

“Who… who is he? He’s—he’s Jongdae?” Junmyeon asks silently.

 

 

Jongdae’s eyes land to Luhan, and then back to Junmyeon. He tilts his head in bewilderment and looks for any sign of mischievousness in his lover’s eyes. But no, he doesn’t find any. Junmyeon is disturbingly serious with his question.

 

 

“Hyung, a-are you angry with me?” he tries to reach for Junmyeon’s arm but the latter instinctively steps back.  Junmyeon doesn’t say a thing and looks at Luhan instead, still waiting for an answer. Jongdae is a bit surprised by the older’s behavior. He looks at Luhan, too, with asking eyes.

 

 

“Luhan hyung,” Jongdae softly calls. “Hyung, why is he acting like this?” tears are starting to form in his eyes again. He looks back at Junmyeon with a pout on his lips, “Yah, Kim Junmyeon, are you playing with me?!”

 

 

“Jongdae,” Luhan softly calls.

 

 

“Hyung,” Jongdae whines at Luhan, “Why is Junmyeon hyung acting like this?!”

 

 

“Jongdae he’s not 29 now. He’s 19.”

 

 

Jongdae’s tears finally drops from his eyes, “W-what?”

 

 

Sehun clears his throat, “He thinks he’s 19 years old. But he’s aware of it. We have already explained that to him and he seems to acknowledge what he’s going through right now,”

 

 

Junmyeon would not remember Jongdae in any sense because Jongdae appeared before him when he was at his 3rd year in his business major college degree.

 

 

“I think they should… uhm, talk?” Chanyeol comments suggestively.

 

 

“I think, he’s right. Let’s leave them alone, hyung.” Sehun says.

 

 

Luhan looks at them both before being dragged by Sehun by the arm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hi?” Junmyeon looks at him indifferently. “My name is Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon, I suppose that you that.”

 

 

Jongdae nods softly and presses his lips into a thin line, “Hyung,”

 

 

“Jongdae… Kim Jongdae… it seems that you know me… and I know you.” Junmyeon doesn’t know what to say next. Now he understands Luhan why he deprived him of his boyfriend. Junmyeon tries fishing out some details from his brain but sadly, nothing comes out.

 

 

Jongdae sniffs and tries his best not to cry, “You are in love with me, in any case, you might have forgotten.”

 

 

Junmyeon doesn’t respond to that and just stares at Jongdae blankly.

 

 

“Hyung, it’s me, Jongdae,”

 

 

Junmyeon crosses his arms in front of his chest and silently judges Jongdae. Jongdae isn’t the most attractive human being but he isn’t the most hideous human being on earth either. He’s average. No, he above average but still, not the most attractive. And Junmyeon is thinking how the hell he’s in love, as the anonymous man claims him to be, with an average looking man. He is Kim Junmyeon, the future CEO, scratch that, the current CEO of SM Corporations, and he doesn’t settle in anything that is average.

 

 

“What do you do, then?” he decided to ask.

 

 

“I—I sing, and act… I’m an understudy actually.”

 

 

Junmyeon becomes curious all of a sudden, “I’m sorry if I may sound so rude right now but are you trying to imply that I’m dating an average looking man without a decent job? Maybe you’re a different Kim Jongdae. Maybe I was dating a different Kim Jongdae. Are you sure you are that Kim Jongdae?”

 

 

“You’re more obnoxious when you were still 19, Junmyeon hyung,” Jongdae’s crying cat face breaks into a smiling cat face.

 

 

“Excuse me?” Junmyeon snaps back at him.

 

 

“I am that Kim Jongdae. There is a lot of Kim Jongdae in South Korea, Junmyeon hyung, but I am that Kim Jongdae you’re in love with. You don’t even have the slightest idea how much you are in love with me.”

 

 

Junmyeon suddenly breaks into a small laugh, “Wow, you’re very much of a conceited brat. And that makes me doubt your words.”

 

 

“Wow, you’re more venomous when you were younger,” Jongdae shots him back with a smile.

 

 

The two fall in silence again and it’s getting pretty awkward now. Junmyeon glances at him again. Jongdae is fidgeting his fingers, obviously nervous. But he notices something on his hand. His left arm is swollen red and Junmyeon catches that Jongdae massages it softly.

 

 

“Why are you here? You’re supposed to be at the hospital.”

 

 

“I… I wanted to see you,”

 

 

Junmyeon shakes his head and he can’t no longer bear to watch Jongdae’s swollen hand. He stands up from his chair and walks to him. He grabs his left arms softly and examines it. “You’re hand is swollen,”

 

 

“It’s just—ah!” the younger flinches.

 

 

“Did you pull your needles that were injected in your hand?” Junmyeon asks sternly and when Jongdae doesn’t answer him, he calls out for his Luhan hyung. Luhan appears with Chanyeol. Sehun has to leave. Junmyeon tells him about Jongdae’s arm and Chanyeol tells them that they should be going back to the hospital now.

 

 

Junmyeon doesn’t come with them, though. And Jongdae is disappointed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You promised you’d eat something.” Chanyeol whines. “Do you want me to feed you?”

 

 

“I want Junmyeon hyung to feed me,”

 

 

Chanyeol stirs his soup, “Aigoo, Chen Chen, your prince charming is not here so as your doctor, let me just feed you,”

 

 

Jongdae shakes his head, “Stop it, Doctor Chanyeol,” he says mockingly, “I’m not eating anything.” He slumps back to his bed and turns his back on Chanyeol

 

 

“But you promised!”

 

 

“I’m not hungry. Besides, there’s dextrose. I won’t die unless I forget how to breath,”

 

 

“If I feed you now, will you be hungry?”

 

 

Jongdae immediately sat up straight upon hearing the voice. He looks directly at the door and finds his Junmyeon standing between the door.

 

 

“I have to make my rounds.” Chanyeol immediately excuses himself.

 

 

“Oh, hyung?”

 

 

“Hyung?” Junmyeon raises an eyebrow as he crosses his arms on his chest. “Don’t we have an endearment or something? The word ‘hyung’ makes me puke,”

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Jongdae asks calmly. Well in fact, he really wants to jump from his hospital bed and cling his slender arms around Junmyeon’s neck.

 

 

“I am giving my boyfriend a decent dinner,” Junmyeon smirks and a soft knock is heard against the door. The door opens and a pushing cart with a young man pushing it enters the semi private room. The cart is filled with food. And obviously, it’s not the tasteless hospital food.

 

 

“I wouldn’t want my boyfriend to eat something even I don’t like,” he says as he starts to uncover the food and light the candles. Weird, the cart looks like a table with a candle lit dinner on it. “I’ve prepared this with the assistance of Luhan and—“

 

 

“Do you remember me? Have your memories come back?” Chen excitedly asks as his eyes sparkle at the thought.

 

 

Junmyeon blinks at him and a sly smile plasters on his angelic face, “No,” he says nonchalantly.

 

 

Jongdae is taken aback for a second.

 

 

“Not yet,” Junmyeon continues. “And if I find out that you’re lying to me about you and me having a special relationship, you’re going to be broke because you’re going to pay back all of the expenses I incurred because of you. Your hospital bills, for a very good example.”

 

 

Jongdae looks at Junmyeon with a face. “Fine,” Jongdae pulls himself together and leans to the candles. One by one, he blows them all until he finishes the third candle. “I am not eating. Now, go out. I’m going to sleep.” Jongdae lies down again and covers his whole body, including his head, with the thin blanket.

 

 

Junmyeon’s draw literally drops. He doesn’t know how to react with what just happened a second ago. He doesn’t even notice himself staring blankly at mummy Jongdae.

 

 

The blank is suddenly pulled down to Jongdae neck and his face reappears, “Yah, didn’t you hear me? I said I’m going to sleep. Now, give this food to the street children and leave me alone.” Jongdae says without a pause and pulls the blanket back.

 

 

“Yah!” Junmyeon shouts exasperatedly.

 

 

The blanket is pulled down again, “Stop making some noise and don’t forget to turn off the light when you leave.”

 

 

“Oh my God, are you for real?” Junmyeon whispers, still unbelievably staring at Jongdae.

 

Was I in love with an obnoxious brat? I thought I was already over obnoxious brats when Sehun dumped me 3 months ago, err, 6 years and 3 months ago. Did I go for obnoxious brats again? Ugh. My life is revolving around obnoxious brats. Damn obnoxious brats.