Chapter 18

My Last Breath Is For You

 

Tao sighed as he parked the car in his driveway. He stayed silent for a few minutes before he looked up at me. "Why would you tell him that?"

"Because..." I looked down in my lap. "It felt wrong not to tell him. I know i shouldn't, consider what he's done to me, but i felt like i couldn't move on until i've cleared everything out with him".

"Move on?" Tao leaned closer to me. "What do you mean move on?"

I gave him a small smile. "Move on with you" I pecked him on the lips and bit my bottom lip. "I'm sorry about today. Let's go tomorrow instead, okay?"

He nodded. "Alright. But no more running off to Kris. Do you promise?"

"I promise. From now on... Kris doesn't exist to me anymore. I'll go on living like me and him never happened, that this baby is yours. I'll give birth to this baby and then i'll marry you. No more Kris, just you, me and our baby".

 

 

3 months later

 

 

"Dammit" I blew my bangs out of the way and sighed. "This is not easy at all! Seriously, when do they make baby cribs so hard to put together?!"

Luna giggled while she was looking at the instructions. "It can't be that hard".

"Maybe we should just wait until Tao gets home from job huting?" I said as i sunk down on my knees. 

Luna put the instructions down and looked at me with an open mouth. "I can't believe you just said that! We don't need the boys to do all the heavy and difficult things! Seriously, i never thought you would be that kind of person. We're not gonna let the boys be the man in the house here while we slave around in the kitchen".

"So... you know how to build this thing?"

She looked down. "Well, no... but it comes with instructions! How hard can it be?"

 

 

One hour later, Tao and the three boys walked through the door laughing. They stopped when they entered the living room. Luna was lying on the couch, almost passed out while i was trying to put the crib together. So far it looked... well, nothing like the one in the instructions and there were some stuff to spare. Okay, a lot to spare that was spread all over the living room. I looked up at them and smiled. "What do you think?" I asked as i stood up. "It's a little bit different from the one in the instructions, but it looks almost the same, right?"

Chen snatched the instructions out of my hand, looked at it, then the crib, then me. "Yeah... sure. Just... where is the baby supposed to be sleeping?"

I looked at the crib again. "Eh... haven't figured that one out yet".

Tao chuckled and kissed my forehead as he wrapped his arms around me. "Want me to do it?"

I sighed. "No, Luna will just throw another fit about how girls doesn't need boys to do it. I'll do it myself" I walked over to the crib again and tried to find out where i had gone wrong. 

Tao walked over to Luna and suddenly pushed her off the couch. "Yah!" She glared at Tao while rubbing her back. "What was that for?!"

Tao crossed his arms. "That's for making Minji do all this by herself while you were asleep".

"Oh, right! The crib!" She quickly got back on her feet and ran over to me. She looked at the crib and made a face. "What is this?"

"Okay, i get it! It's awful!" I looked at Tao. "You do it. I give up".

Tao smiled. "Gladly" He walked over to the crib and grabbed the instructions out of Chen's hands. "Guys, let's get all this stuff into the room and build it there".

 

 

"Okay, it's done!" Tao walked out of the room with the boys following behind. "Come take a look".

"We even decorated it!" Xiumin grinned at us. Luna helped me up and we followed after the boys into the room. I gasped.

"Wow!" Luna looked at the crib. "I'm surprised! I couldn't have done it better myself!"

"Shut up" Tao said and pinched her arm. He looked down at me and smiled. "So? What do you think?"

 

 

"It's perfect!" Tao smiled and put his arm around me.

"Our boy sure is lucky".

"Oh, that reminds me! Did you get a job?"

"Yeah. As a waiter. It's nothing big, but it's a start, right? Although my dad wants me to work in his company, i'm just not sure that it's for me. I know that i can't think of myself, i have to think of you and the baby, and that job would give me a lot of money, but..."

I shut him up by kissing him. "You do what you like. If you don't want to work in his company, you don't have to. I don't mind getting married to a waiter".

He smiled and pressed his lips against mine again. Lay coughed and we both looked up at him. "Maybe we should go?" He looked at Xiumin and Chen.

Luna nodded. "Yeah, i need to get home to Jia Li. Drop me off?" She looked at Lay who nodded. "Bye guys" We watched them walk out and suddenly Tao lifted me up bridal style. He carried me all the way to our bedroom and carefully placed me down on the bed before lying next to me. He put one hand on my stomach and the other one around me.

"Only three more months" He whispered and kissed my nose. "Until i can hold him in my arms. I seriously can't wait".

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck, moving closer to him as much as i can. "Me too. It feels like a dream. I think the best thing that ever happened to me was this baby".

Tao nodded. "Same here. If it hadn't, i would probably have known you just as Kris' girlfriend".

 

I looked down. Oh right. Kris. I hadn't actually given him much thought these last couple of months. I had been so busy with shopping for the baby, hospital visits, classes and everything that i had just simply forgotten about him. I wonder if he's forgotten about me too. I haven't seen him or Luhan since that day when i told Kris it was his baby.

 

But it was for the best. I didn't need anything that would distract me right now. My one and only focus was my baby.

 

 

Luhan P.O.V

 

I watched Kris as he was tongue kissing some random chick. I sighed and looked down at my drink. Why did i come here again? Oh yeah, because Kris needed someone to drive him home, which meant i couldn't drink anything with alcohol in it. All i was drinking was coke. "I live a sad, sad life" I mumbled to myself. I heard the girl Kris was kissing giggling and she ran her hand through his hair before walking away. Kris watched her for a few seconds before he turned to look at me.

"Isn't she great?"

"A little bit too revealing for my taste" I took a sip of my coke.

"What does that mean?"

"It means i like girls who doesn't look like they just came out of a house. Seriously, Kris, what are you doing with all these girls?"

"What do you think i'm doing with them? I'm screwing them".

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, i can see that. Maybe you should, you know, work on your problems?"

"I don't have any problems".

"Oh yeah? Excuse me, but i was trapped in your bathroom the whole night! I heard you and Minji talk, and i know everything".

"You don't know . Now drive me home. I'm tired of this place. Tomorrow we're gonna find a better place with better girls" He said as he walked off.

I sighed. "Yaaaay" I got off my chair and followed him outside, and to my surprise, he was lying on the ground. For a second i thought he had fallen asleep considering how drunk he was, but someone grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him back up. It was a guy i hadn't seen before and he was glaring at Kris. Kris wiped his bleeding lip and looked up at the guy.