Chapter 17

My Last Breath Is For You

 

He rubbed his palms together while looking at me. "If i did, what would you do?"

"I... i don't know" I looked down. "I would... would find out the reason why. If it was self defense, if he was hurting you, i'd be able to forgive you".

"What if it wasn't self defense? What if i just killed him, for fun? Would you hate me?"

I looked up at him with tears threatening to fall. "I would forget you. I would erase you from my memory".

He nodded. "That's what i thought. Good girl. I'll have Luhan take you back in my car. Don't EVER come here again, and if someone near you mentions Jin-ho, you'll call the police immediately, okay?" He didn't wait for me to answer. He stood up and walked out of the living room, heading towards our... his room.

 

I sat there thinking about it. That night when Kris came home, covered in blood and bruises, did he get into a fight with this Jin-ho guy and kill him? Was that it? Right now it seemed impossible to believe that Kris could kill someone. If he really wanted to, sure, he could. But Kris wasn't the type to kill someone. Actually, he wasn't the type to hurt someone either.

 

I looked up at the door that led to his room as i just realized it. Kris wasn't that type at all. But maybe... he accidently hurt someone, possibly killed... and feels responsible. Maybe he wants to punish himself for what he did, by throwing away the things he cares about, including me. I quickly got up on my feet and ran into the bedroom.

 

Kris was sitting on the end of the bed, with his head in his hands. I caught a glimpse of what looked like a tear rolling down his cheek. He wiped it away with his hand and that's when he saw me standing there. He quickly turned his head.

 

"Go" He said in an unusal voice. "Leave. Disappear. Just go".

I sat next to him, really close and wrapped my arms around his waist. "Never" I whispered. "I now know why you did what you did. I don't know the whole story, but... you didn't mean to kill him, right? It was an accident, wasn't it?"

"No. I murdered him. I killed him with my own two hands, and i'll kill you too if you don't let go off me right now!"

"No, you won't" Despite him saying things like this, i was smiling. "You won't kill me because you love me. You will hurt me, yes, but only so that i will hate you, isn't that it? Have me hating you for hitting me instead of knowing you killed someone. But i won't. I will never hate you, Kris, no matter what you do to me".

"You should" He pushed me down on the bed and leaned over me. He put both of his hands on my stomach and pressed down. "What if i kill this baby?! Will you hate me then?!" He screamed.

The tears that were threatening to fall slowly rolled down my cheeks, but i still kept my smile. "You won't. You won't do it. It's yours".

Kris' hands slowly moved from my stomach. "W-what?"

"I told you, i never cheated on you. This baby was created by us, you and me. It didn't happen under the best circumstances, but it happened, and i love him or her, no matter what. Kris, this is our baby. Not Tao's. I just ran into him and he promised to help me. And i will accept his help".

"What?" Kris asked again. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him and he let me. I sat up and looked at him.

"Right now... you're sick, Kris. Mentally. You need help, and once you get your help, i will let you have contact with the baby" I stood up and wiped my tears that only seemed to keep coming, no matter how many times i wiped them away. But no matter what, i had to be strong. "I can't let my baby be near you right now. but i promise that in the future, the three of us will be a family. I can't say when it will happen, but it will. I will marry Tao and spend the rest of my life with him, but i'll let you have contact with this baby. So get the help you need, Kris, and when you're better, i'll be right there with our baby" I turned around and walked. He didn't follow.

 

It wasn't like i expected him too, but a part of me was a little hurt that he didn't. But at least now he knows the truth, and i guess that's as good as it gets. It's all up to fate now. I unlocked the doors and stepped out. I was just about to close the door again when i saw a shadow in the driveway, leaning against a car.

 

I didn't see who it was, but it was definitely a guy. He was looking down with his arms crossed. As i walked closer to him, i recognized him.

 

Tao.

 

 

Kris P.O.V

 

I watched her as she walked through the door and left. I wanted her to stop, run back to me and jump right into my arms. But she didn't, and she never will. She was all gone, both her and the baby... my baby, because of how i screwed things up with her. 

 

I lied flat on my back onto the bed and closed my eyes, thinking about our memories, and our future that we would never have. She promised me, but i knew it was just lies. I knew...

 

that she would never come back to me. 

 

That night, i had a dream. About me, about Minji and the baby. It started as a dream, but ended in a nightmare.

 

"You did it, it's all over now" I smiled at her and kissed her forehead while holding her hand. She lifted her head to get a better look.

"I wanna see her" She looked up at me. "Kris, why can't i see her?"

"You can't... because..."

"Because what?" She looked down when she felt something on her wrists. Blood. She looked up at my hands that were covered in blood and so was my shirt, and my face. "Kris? What?"

"You can't see her, because i killed her. She's dead".

 

 

I woke up, screaming and sweating. I actually had to check my own hands to see if there was any blood on them. I felt relieved when it wasn't. But the dream felt so real. And then it hit me. I could never be a father. Eventually i would kill Minji and our baby. I was a monster, and i didn't deserve to live. 

 

I didn't deserve Minji or anything. After Jin-ho's death, i had been a mess. The only thing keeping me alive, if i can call it that, was Minji. But by living off on her, i was killing her. And she didn't deserve that. She didn't deserve anyone like me. No one did. It would all be better...

 

if i just disappeared.

 

 

Minji P.O.V

 

A sad smile appeared on his face when he saw me walking towards him. "Yeah, somehow i just knew you would be here" He pushed himself off the car and opened the door. "Get in".

 

I did what he told me to, and went inside without saying a word. He closed the door and went over to his side. But he didn't say anything at all and started the car. After five minutes of driving in silence, i decided to break it.

 

"Are you angry? Because you have every right to be. I did something i shouldn't have".

He sighed. "I really don't want to get angry at you, especially not in your condition. But... dammit, Minji! I thought we agreed. I thought we would go forward as a real couple with a baby on the way, and yet you keep running back to the man who made your life miserable! Is that what you want?! You want a man who hits you everytime you're close by?! Is that what you want?!"

"No... But i had to tell him".

He calmed down, but only a little bit. "Told who what?"

"Kris. I told him the truth about the haby. He knows now. He knows it's his baby, and not yours".