Marionette

Distant Embrace

Notice: this one has fighting scenes. I do not know whether I am good enough or bad enough... I'm sorry. Oh! And violence and blood too. You're been warned.

Second Story:
Marionette


A young boy around the age of 8 or 9 stands alone in the center of a field, showered by the light of a spotlight. He is holding a dagger and a gun in his left and right hand respectively. His eyes are closed as if asleep and still.

"You may begin." a loud disembodied voice echoed throughout the wide area.

As if these words are magic. The boy's eyes opened and spun to his right as a man far older than he is lounged into him with a dagger in his hand. The boy kicked him from behind which threw the man off balance falling forward. The boy pointed his gun to the man but before he could even pull the trigger, another dagger came into view to slash his outstretched arm. The boy dodges him and put some distance between them. The spotlight followed the boy which left him with no visual to his foes. The boy closed his eyes and relied to his hearing than his sight.  The boy focused his hearing to his surroundings.

He can hear two breathe. 'A thirty to thirty-five years old and a thirty-three year old man'

One sounds a bit of panting. 'One has weak lungs.'

Light and moderately heavy footsteps are circling around him. 'Weight are ranging to forty-nine to fifty-five and a sixty-two to sixty-four.'

Riding back the memory lane, the first man to attack has black hair while the second one has brownish hair especially at the tips. Their heights are around 172 cm and 169 cm respectively.

As the boy processes these informations, the brown hair man came out of the darkness in the boy's right side and sliced horizontally aiming for the younger's neck but instead sliced thin air as the boy duck at the right time. The black hair man who came out from the boy's left side used this opportunity to attack the boy but this time he tried kick the boy. However, as if the boy can see through their synchronized attack, he blocked the kicked and grabbed his leg. He then flipped and strikes the brown hair man in the head and shortly after, he pinned the leg he's holding to the ground using his dagger. The black haired man cried out of pain as the dagger easy cut through his tendons and probably even bones.

The brown haired man who flew a few meters heard the cry and looked back to where the boy and the man are. His eyes grew dishes as he saw the boy point and now have successfully pulled the trigger, killing the pinned down man. With an anguish yell, the brown haired man charged at the boy. He blindly throws slashes to the boy who easily avoids them.

The boy, who now had his eyes opened, looked at the man with indifference. He then noticed that the man's breathe is lacking the normal tempo and used that to his advantage. He then waits for the perfect opportunity to end everything. The man his dagger forward aiming for the heart. The boy spun to turn left and grabbed the man’s arm by his left hand and pulls the man onto himself while he pointed the barrel end of his gun to the man. Once the end of the gun is connected to the man's forehead, the boy pulled the trigger successfully killing the man. Due to the point blank range, the man's blood sprayed towards him, bathing him of a red fluid that smells so closely to rust. He let the body fall down the ground pooled with the blood of his victims.

The boy looked down to his hand which holds the gun, sticky with blood then looked back at the body before him. He pointed it back to the brown haired man's head and shot him again. He then walked back to the black haired man's lifeless body and shot it twice. The bullet hits the man in the head and chest.

A clap suddenly echoed the area then light flooded to the semi-dark room coming from a newly opened door. The man's silhouette seems so long and sinister but the boy didn't flinch or reacted to the sudden appearance. The man then walk towards the boy and with a snap of his fingers, the room is flooded by bright light which the boy can help but narrow his eyes from the sudden light.

"You have done remarkable improvement!" The man said once he is in front of the boy. "Simply amazing!"

The boy bowed his head a bit and said "I'm not worthy of your praise, sir."

"Nonsense!" the man said as he looked at the statistics in his board. "Your total time has yet again beaten your previous one. Not to mention this two you have taken down apparently are one of the best..."

The boy stands there and simply listens as the man spoke about the battle's statistics.

"And not only that, you received no injuries what so ever." the man continued. "You have done satisfactory. You may return now..."

The man slams his board close and looked at his little weapon. An eerie smile at his face...

"Ryeowook."

-time skip-

A man around his late 30s drags him body backwards to lean on the wall while putting pressure to the gun wound in his lower right stomach. The soft moonlight coming from the wide opened window bathe the bloody room with enough light to see how many of his people have died. Panting heavily, he looked at the young man holding a gun in front of him.

"You’re…" the man panted "the one they sent to kill me… right?"

The man chuckled at his inevitable death. He knows one day it will come.

"Mr. Jung Rae Won…" Ryeowook said. "You've been doing… Transactions behind the order's back. You are deemed as traitor and punishment must be dealt at high priority."

The stoic voice stabbed Rae Won's* heart. "What have they done to you..." he said more to himself than to the young man.

"…" Ryeowook stated to him. He tightens his grip to the handgun in his right hand before he pointed to the man in the floor. "The head of the board have sent you a message that I must state to you. The message is, I quote 'Mr. Jung Rae Won, for the past eight years of your service to us... You have done the most foolish mistake. It's a pity, you did contributed so much for our views and we did expect you to bring us more improvement. As sad as it is, people who do foolish mistakes are equally as foolish. Either way, we hope you enjoyed our surprise!' End quote."

"The Order is the one who failed to see it." Rae Won hissed. "My research, the result of my blood and tears for 8 long years... I refuse for it to be used for selfish desires. I rather die than have it their way. At least, in the very end... I have done something to fix my mistakes." Rae Won closed his eyes.

"… good bye." a gunshot echoed throughout the silent room...

Ryeowook took a last glance at his latest victim before turning away. He pushed a button in the ear piece in his left ear. "I have silenced Mr. Jung Rae Won."

"Excellent! Now return immediately. Burn everything to the ground and LEAVE no evidence." a gruff voice replied to him.

"Yes, sir." Ryeowook said as he exits to the door... blending to the shadows outside of the room. The only indication he's still there is the sound of what seems to be light footsteps against flooded floor...

In the next morning, the news headlines are all buffled by the still burning Jung Rae Corporation. The estimated death is said to be not less than 200 but not more than 300 people who are both night duty staffs and the present share holders around the night before... The reason of death is unknown. The police and fire department are looking at faulty on the main gas pipes which are located at the basement of the said building.

-Time Skip-

Bang... Bang... Bang...

Gun shot hole appeared in the dummy's head and where supposed to be the heart is. Ryeowook took off the protective gear off his eyes and placed his desert eagle .50 cal. gun back to its case. The score board in the top of his shelf shows a remarking score of 100/100.

Ryeowook silently walk out of the shooting range(?) to go back to his room. Suddenly his phone beeped, signifying that he received a message or 'something else'. He flipped open his phone.

'A message from Commander Hee Soo-min...' Ryeowook noted.

"Ryeowook,

Come to the office. I expect you to be here at 5 minutes top."


Ryeowook flipped the phone close and started walking to the office. He reached the office within 3 minutes. He knocked at the door three times. A faint 'come in' was heard through the door.

Ryeowook opened the door. The room is faintly illuminated by the daylight that cause to silhouette his commander... and another man? He didn't stop himself from raising an eyebrow in confusion. This never happened before...

"Ryeowook, it's good to see you." Soo-min* greeted Ryeowook. He gestured Ryeowook to take a sit, beside the mystery man, in which he oblige. Once sitten(?) the man spoke.

"Both of you are curious about each other, I assume?" both nodded. One hesitant while the other one's confident. "Good."

"Ryeowook, this is Cho Kyuhyun" Soo-min gestured his hand toward the mystery man. "He came first on the over-all ranking of new recruits. Best one we seen from the last 8 years."**

Soo-min then gestured to Ryeowook. "And Cho Kyuhyun, this is Ryeowook. He's our elite fighter. An elite amongst the elites."

Ryeowook took a full inspection of the man casually sitting in front of him. Cho Kyuhyun, as Ryeowook noted, held out his right hand offering a hand shake. 'Too casual...' His keen eyes narrowed at the hand that is invading his personal bubble.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow. "What? Never had a handshake before?" he chuckled.

Ryeowook glared. "Whoa! No need to be so intense!" Kyuhyun immediately raised his hands in mock surrender. The smirk in his face only further Ryeowook's… annoyance?

Ryeowook raised his right hand. Soo-min nodded to him. "With all due respect Sir, but what is this summon actually meant." He glance sideways to Kyuhyun whose still smirking and shamelessly winked at him.

"Because starting next week, the two of you will begin working with each other." Soo-min brought his hands to his chin. Both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun's heads snapped to look at him.

"For real?!" Kyuhyun

"But sir, I do believe that I have the capability to handle myself in battle." Ryeowook said.

"I do not doubt for abilities, Ryeowook. However, as I said, Kyuhyun's ability will only hone in battles that fairly exceeds what limitations those puny missions given to normal ranks. You as well will train Kyuhyun to his best." Soo-min said. "And with this, not only that but with the combination of the two of you are a greater asset to our foundation."

Ryeowook closes his eyes. "Understood, Sir." he then looked to his left to see Kyuhyun. He now harboring a huge grin and is that accomplishment in his eyes?

Soo-min nodded. "Well then, you are dismissed."

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun stood up and silently walk towards the door. Once they are outside, Kyuhyun turns toward Ryeowook.

"Well then partner! Guess we are stuck together." Kyuhyun said. He patted Ryeowook's in a friendly manner till suddenly Ryeowook grabbed his arm then pulled him forward momentarily losing his balance. Ryeowook bend Kyuhyun's arm behind his back then using his knees, he strike Kyuhyun in the back of the knees pummeling his down to ground. Kyuhyun groans.

Ryeowook went closer to Kyuhyun's ear and whispered. "Lesson number ONE: Whether allies or foe... Never turn your guard down." Ryeowook stands up and left Kyuhyun on the ground.

Kyuhyun sat up and yelled at the walking figure. "You know! You could just told me that!" he rubs the arm Ryeowook twisted... "ow..."

"I believe in learning from experience." Ryeowook said as he turns to the corner.

"I believe in learning from experience." Kyuhyun mimic as he stand. "But damn!"

 

---

footnotes:
*I'm not sure which is first name, second name or last name in terms of Korean... So I kinda apply the same thing they do in Japanese... You know surname first before first name.

**This eight years are meant to exclude Ryeowook's capabilities in term of handling the missions and tests given to him.


---

Hello... ._.)... I'm cutting this one here... ._.)... yeah... Deadline is till tomorrow (for the other fic)... I have to write two chapters more for the other one… I hope…

And yes... i'll start my apology with how great a person you are if you're one of the people who stayed with this fanfic for all those years... I’m sorry for the whole long years with no update… ._.)/ while whatever I say here will only be excuses. I’m just so sorry. ;-;)/ hope this one is interesting enough…

I think Marionnette is just a two shot. But maybe the next chapter will be longer than this chapter. And I kinda need your help. I can't think of a mission I will do for the two. Can you give me a recommendation? I would really appreciate that.