Chapter 2

Can't Let Go [Unknown how long Hiatus]

Chapter 2

JungEun yawns as she walks down the hall. Walking through a set of opened double-doors, JungEun finds herself in the building’s lounge room. It wasn’t really a lounge room more like a room with a bunch of tables and a drink bar. Most students called it one since it was where almost everyone came to hangout and chat with each other.

“Oh, good morning JungEun.” A voice calls. JungEun turns to see a man standing behind the drink bar counter. “Good morning Jin-Sang.” she greets as she walks over to him. “Up like always. How can you be so cheerful when you wake up so early?” JungEun asks. Jin-sang shrugs. “Guess because I’m used to it now.” he says.

“Not like I can just sleep in longer. I have to make sure everything’s ready for when the students start getting up and coming down here.” Jin-Sang explains. JungEun nods. “Aish, you should hire someone to help, that way you don’t have to do it every day.” she says. Jin-Sang looks at her. “Is that your way of asking for a job?” he asks. JungEun shrugs. “I don’t know it just might be.” she says.

Jin-Sang laughs before turning around toward the refrigerator that sat behind him. Opening the refrigerator, he takes out a bottle before closing it again. He then turns back to JungEun and sits the bottle down in front of her. “Here you go. Same as usual.” he says. JungEun lets out a sigh. “Ahh, no better way to start a day than by drinking orange juice.” she says taking the bottle.

Jin-Sang lets out another laugh. “I swear you say that every morning.” he says. JungEun shrugs. “That’s because it’s true.” she says. Jin-Sang nods. “Okay.” he says. “Oh, Raina and the twins are already here. They’re over there.” Jin-Sang says pointing behind her. JungEun turns to see three girls sitting at a table. “Oh, okay. Thanks Jin-Sang.” JungEun says before turning and walking toward the girls at the table.

“Samona, Raina, Minako, good morning.” JungEun greets as she comes closer to the table. The three girls look up and smiles. “Hey JungEun.” they greet back. “You seem happy today.” Minako states as JungEun sits down across from her, next to Raina. JungEun nods. “Yeah, no more six classes for me for like a week. I only have two.” she says sitting her bottle on the table.

The three girls look at each other for a minute. “That is such an obvious cover-up lie.” Samona states. JungEun looks at her. “What? No it is not.” she says. Raina looks at her. “Eun, you’ve lived with us since you were a baby. You’re more like a sister than a cousin. And there’s nothing you can hide from the Nagase sisters. It gets told one way or another.” she explains.

“As someone who’s been victim to this many, many times, I know.” JungEun says. Minako nods. “Then why hide it?” she asks. JungEun groans before laying her head down on the table. “Because I know you three are going to point out the wrongness of what I’ve done.” she says. Before the three could ask, a voice calls them.

“Hey Nagase Family.” the voice calls. JungEun lifts her head and joins the three into finding out who called them. A girl with long black hair walks toward them holding Amber’s hand. “Oh, good morning Krystal, Amber.” Minako greets the two girls as they stop in front of the table.

“How are you two this morning?” Raina asks. The two shrugs. “Sadly I have a morning class today, in like an hour.” Krystal states. Amber nods. “Same here. I have classes all day today.” she states. The four sitting nods. “So glad I don’t have classes for now. I can spend all my time with my hubby.” Samona says.

“Ah, I just talked to Henry a few minutes ago; he was also talking about spending time with his ‘wifey’.” Amber says. Samona nods. “Yeah, we made plans for the free days we have. We’ve decided to spend as must time together as we can before we both get busy with work and school again.” Samona states.

“Oh, speaking of spending time together…” Krystal begins turning to JungEun. “Eunnie, we haven’t been able to hang out lately.” she says. JungEun sighs and nods. “I know, I’m sorry. I’ve been super busy with classes.” she explains. “But they’re slowing down now. So we can hang out now.” she adds.

Krystal smiles. “That’s great. I have things I want to talk about and show you.” she says. “Are you doing anything this afternoon?” she asks. JungEun shakes her head. “Nope I’m free.” she says. Krystal nods. “Great. How about we meet up at my room after I’m done with my last class?” she suggests. JungEun nods. “Sounds great. I’ll be sure to be there.” JungEun says smiling at her.

“Awesome. Okay we got to go. I’ve promise Luna, Sulli, and Victoria that we would meet up with them before class.” Krystal states. The four nods. “See ya later.” Minako says. The two girls then walk off and out the double door. Once out of sight, the girls look back at JungEun. “Ohhh, so that’s what you did.” Samona says.

JungEun looks around at them. “What?” she asks. Raina sighs. “Amber was with you last night wasn’t she?” she asks. Looking down at the table, JungEun nods. The three girls sigh in return. JungEun looks up at them. “I’m sorry. At first I keep telling her that she shouldn’t be there. But then when I tried telling her to leave, I couldn’t.” she says. “Though I know it would be for the best, you girls know I can’t resist her sometimes.”

“Yeah, we know.” Minako says. Samona and Raina nods. “But JungEun you must remember she’s going out with one of your friends.” Samona says. Raina nods. “Not just a regular friend but one of your closes friends.” she says. JungEun nods. “I know, I know.” she replies. “But it’s hard to actually get over someone you’ve dated for six years. Especially when they’re always around you doing things that they know you can’t resist.” she states.

The three girls sigh. “I swear the relationship between you three is so complicated.” Minako says. Raina nods. “Are you sure Krystal doesn’t know what going on?” she asks. JungEun shrugs. “Well Amber never said anything about her knowing and Krystal herself has never said anything” she says. “Why do you ask?” JungEun asks.

Raina looks at her sisters, who shake their heads before looking back at JungEun. “Nothing, I was just curious.” she says. JungEun nods. “We’re trying hard to make sure she doesn’t find out because Amber still wants to be with her.” she says looking down at the table. The three girls shake their heads. “Eun, you need to stop this. You’re hurting yourself more than you think.” Minako says.

JungEun shakes her head. “What are you talking about? I’m fine this.” she says. Samona raises a brow. “Really? You’re okay with having to sneak around all the time?” she asks. JungEun nods.  “Yeah, I mean I know Amber loves Krystal and wants to be with her more than me. So I can’t do anything about It.” she says laying her head on the table. “I also want Krystal to be happy and she is with Amber.” she states.

“But you do know that it’ll end sometime right?” Minako asks. JungEun nods. “Yeah, sooner or later I’m going to have to stop this sneaking around with Amber. And I’m been preparing myself for that time. I’ll get through it… somehow.” she says. Samona lets out a groan. “Aish, it’s like I’m looking into a mirror that shows the past.” she says.

JungEun looks at her. “Oh yeah that’s right. You did have a situation like this with Henry.” she says. Samona nods. “Yeah, but there’s one big difference.” Raina says. Minako nods. “Yeah, Samona wasn’t friends with the girl he was going out with. In fact they were enemies.” she says. Samona nods. “Yeah and that was only a bonus when it came down to actually having him as mine.” she says.

“Ah, I swear, we Nagases will never have a normal life. It always has to be drama, tragic, and depressiveness.” Raina says. Samona nods. “Aish, life as a Nagase means drama. Makes me wonder if it’s okay to have MiYoung.” she says. The other three nods. “It’s been our lives forever. It’s something you try to get used to but can’t.” Minako says. “At least happiness has a way of coming sooner or later.”

 

~~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

 

A.N.:

Yay! And that is Chapter 2. :D

Hope you guys like it.

This chapter actually explains a little bit of the main relationship in the story: JungEun-Amber-Krystal.

Trust me it may seem a little complicated now, but don’t worry because it gets more complicated later on. XD

 ~

@mccraeheather: Ah ha you caught that. :D

@ActraJape: Thank you for the encouragement.

@Jan265: If you liked the last update. I hope you liked this one too. ^_^

@sonelfovever Hope you like the update. ^_^

 

It makes me really happy that others are enjoying this story. It encourages me to keep writing. ^_^ Thank you all for reading this story and an extra thank you to thoses who commented.