Dinner

My Royal Romance II

Baekhyun invited me for dinner that night, after Yuri left to tend to Ace's needs. He sheepishly approached me, his hand scratching the back of his neck anxiously, as he asked me if I wanted to stay and eat. His eyes were staring down at the marbled floor bashfully and I giggled a bit, before nodding, a smile coaxing its way to my lips. "Of course. I'd love to join you guys for dinner." I said with a soft, wide smile plastered onto my face. 

He looked up with a grin, his mouth opened slightly. "Great! Dinner should be in an hour or so. You wanna just have a tour of this place? I won't make any promises that I won't get lost," he suggested cheerily. 

"Sure," I laughed. God, did this boy have a cute, gummy smile. He grabbed my hand without hesitation, and I felt my heart beat speed up, as if it had started running at something simple like Baekhyun's touch. My lips curled into a joyful smile and I stared at the older man with cresents for eyes. He led me with a cheery face, gazing curiously around his surroundings, acting as if he hadn't ever seen the palace before. I stayed right by his side, admiring how big and pretty the interior was and sighing at that fact that I get to live in this glorious place -- despite maybe getting lost a few times. Just a few. 

"And here's Kris and Yuri and Ace's room!" Baekhyun pointed towards a corner, which led to two giant doors, hiding a giant chamber behind it. "Lucky them, their room is super spacious. I remember when Kris didn't have this room. He had the peasant room, like all of us!" He pouted cutely, rolling his eyes. 

"Peasant room?" I asked curiously. 

He looked down at me amusedly. "It's just a joke we have. We call ourselves peasants because it's a cute term? And I don't know, it's funny for us, I guess." 

"Ah, I guess so." I nodded in agreement, then gazed back at the huge room. "Well, I guess I'd like to live in there. It looks nice." 

"It is!" Baekhyun whined, making me smile slightly at his cuteness. "I go there once in a while and ugh, it's amazing and I wish I had a room like that, but you know, I'm not that cool and special." He sighed.

"I think you're cool and special," I laughed. 

He blushed a prominent red, and bashfully beamed, squeezing my hand. "Thank you. I don't deserve a cutie fiance like you," he shyly replied, making me blush also. 

"Ah, Baekhyun-sshi, Miyeon-sshi, dinner is ready. Please go to the dinner hall," A young maid bowed in the presence of us politely. Baekhyun just nodded and uttered a sweet "thanks," before leading me towards a huge hall that had a long table running through the whole room. Many chairs were placed for the table, and I blinked, wondering which one I should take. 

"This is the dining hall for when we eat or have company around. We have parties here too," Baekhyun explained, gesturing to the entire room. I nodded in awe, walking in slowly with him. He looked for an empty seat and thought about where to sit, before finally stopping at the middle, and pulling out a chair for me. I thanked him and sat down, him joining me. Kris, Yuri, and the group had already sat down around the middle as well, and I found myself in between Baek and Jongin.

"Noona, do you want this piece of bread?" The younger boy asked, remembering his manners. 

"No thank you." I shook my head and grinned sweetly. 

He helped himself to it and I could hear Baekhyun humming to my left. Smiling to myself, I accepted a plate of food from a maid, who had already put foods onto it. I poked at the salad at first with my fork, before slowly putting one in my mouth, letting my tongue savor the taste. I blinked in surprise, as I noticed that it was better than I thought it would be. After trying the rest of the foods on my plate, I sighed in ecstacy. If living like a royal was like this, I wouldn't mind at all. The food is yum and the place is magical. It's every girl's princess dream. It's just heaven in a single room. 

We finished our food shortly, and were now resting comfortably in the dining room. Baek had reached over and tangled his fingers through mine and I felt my heart beat quicken. God, his touch can really make me cry in joy. "Was the dinner delicious?" He asked kindly, giving me a warm and sincere smile. 

"Yeah it was really great. I loved the food here." I answered back cheerily. 

Baekhyun nodded with a twinkle in his eyes. He seemed really happy that I liked the food here. Before I could add anything, Chanyeol suddenly burst out from across the table where he sat. 

"Baek! I have super super important news!" The happy virus  blurted out randomly, his eyes gleaming with excitement. His loud voice echoed throughout the huge room as Baekhyun processed what the younger man had just said. 

"Oh. What is it, Yeol?" Baekhyun cocked his head cutely, making me squeal internally. Gosh, this boy does not know how adorable he can get, does he? 

"I'm engaged!" Chanyeol cheerily answered, unable to keep his excitement in. 

Baek's eyes widened. "No way! Really? I thought you said you weren't gonna get married so soon!" 

"Well yeah," the other man shrugged dismisisvely, "but I guess I'm engaged now? So it's all cool, it's all cool. And oh gosh, it's a Chinese girl. What do I do, I don't know Chinese?!" Panic started to show on his face and Baekhyun sighed at his best friend amusedly. 

"I'm sure she'll learn Korean just fine. You can help teach her! Wouldn't that be so cute?" He suggested thoughtfully, imagining his goofy friend trying to teach his fiance Korean. Chanyeol scrunched up his face and tried to make a scenario in his head and chuckled. 

"If I don't act too much of a fool, I guess it's cute?" he shrugged. "But all I know about her is that her name is like, Lu Fei. What if she's all serious and doesn't like having fun like me?" The cheery male frowned. 

Luhan choked on his saliva when he heard the name of the princess slip out of Chanyeol's lips. "Dude, that's my cousin!" He burst out in surprise. 

Chanyeol's jaw dropped. "What? No way, seriously? So that's why I'm engaged to her!" He nodded in understanding. Luhan sighed and sent a glare at him. 

"If you hurt her in any way, I'm gonna beat you," the deer boy threatened. I'm sorry but I can't take any threats seriously from a boy with a cute face. I wonder if his cousin is cute like him. 

"Okay okay, I promise I won't hurt her." Chanyeol reassured the older man calmly. "Anyways, can she speak Korean or what? Because you can."

Luhan shrugged. "I guess? I don't know I haven't heard her speak in Korean in a while. I guess she's alright though."

Chanyeol sighed in relief.

"Wait so that cutesy little Korean lesson for her with Chanyeol is cancelled?" Yuri pouted. "It was perfect though! Ugh, I wanted to see Chanyeol teaching cute little Luhan's cousin Korean!"

"As long as Sehun doesn't teach her Korean, I'm fine." Luhan snorted. 

"Hey, what is that supposed to mean?!" The blonde boy looked up from his phone indignantly. 

"Well you always speak informally. That's not good to teach others." Luhan sighed. Sehun just sent him a quick glare before turning back to his phone. 

While everyone was congratulating Chanyeol, I felt a pair of fingers tap onto my shoulder. Turning, I saw Jongin smiling down at me. 

"Yes? Do you need something, Jongin?" I asked kindly. 

"I just wanted to thank you." 

"For what?"

"For you know, um... how do I say it. Being with Baek?" He thought about it. 

"Huh?" 

Jongin studied me for a moment. "You don't know? About... them?" He hesitated to say. 

"About who?" I asked, confused. 

He leaned in and whispered into my ear. "Baek and Yuri." 

At the mention of those two names, I froze, my heart thumping loudly in my chest. Cold sweats ran down my spine as I processed what he was saying. "Wh-what do you mean by that?" I stuttered, braving for his answer.

"Well..." Jongin paused, biting his lip anxiously. "A year ago, Baek had this huge crush on Yuri."

I felt everything stop around me as I gulped and glanced at the man holding my hand, chatting cheerily with Chanyeol. "Does he still like her?" I asked, my throat dry. 

The younger male leaned back in his chair and shrugged, but smiled widely. "I think he really likes you now. But sh! Don't tell him I said anything about this." 

"Alright," I promised. "I won't let him know." Jongin just grinned and his attention wavered over to Kyungsoo sitting next to him. I blinked and pretended to pay attention to Chanyeol and his giddiness, but the whole idea of Baek and Yuri disturbed me. My eyes glanced up to stare at Yuri and then over to Baek. How... wait... what? Baek and Yuri? How could I have been so oblivious about it? Of course our engangement wouldn't be so happy like those in the movies. There has got to be some sort of conflict in it! And apparently it's my overgrowing jealousy. 

 

----------------------

 

Hi everyone! Sorry for the short update. >< I got so busy wuahh. I'm a horrible author ugh. Anyways, I hope you liked this update? Mm, oh well. I'll try to update the next chapter soon! Merry Christmas everyone~ ^^