o

catch me if you can mutt

The bags //or should I say luggage// built up under Baekhyun’s eyes cannot fool anyone if he was to brag on how blissful of a sleep he got the night before. Maybe he’ll be able to make it up for it during Mr. Wu’s second period, after all the young teacher will be too busy slabbing gel onto his golden locks.  Baekhyun had a lot swimming in his mind, and Chanyeol floats above all of that along with that knowing smile the tall boy wore when he walked out of the classroom. If the council is as scary as painted by the voiceless rumor, surely the Yoda-eared vice-president can’t just let him off the hook that easily.

Baekhyun staggered his heavy steps in a march towards his classroom, just like he would have done for a week or so since the transfer. The only difference was the invisible metal ball and chain that Chanyeol and his goons had ‘shackled’ during Baekhyun’s beauty sleep. But then the number of difference outgrows to two, and Byun baekhyun heralded that the number will escalate for the rest of the day as rings of humans piled themselves around the school’s notice board like ants attracted to a large sugar cube, particularly in front of the school office.

Byun baekhyun wasn’t born as the type to hand out s with the revolving of the school flocks, he usually can’t be bother with the fuss of leafing his way through just see what’s the commotion all about. He made a conclusion that in each class, there’d be the one known as the ‘messenger’ who’d spill the beans of these affairs.

Recounting to three, the clouds of pupils dissipated out of his way, exchanging a petrified look for inconspicuous chatters and whispers. It was like a scene out of Meangirls, and Baekhyun is questionable to stand in place for Lohan. They dispersed out of his way as if Byun Baekhyun had a death note pinned on his forehead, only his brows questioningly as to what he has gotten himself into this time—until he saw the post on the board.

The printed black and white registered into Baekhyun’s mind and puked out coherent cussing--  //let’s keep this pg-13 aite. And by the time his brain soaked up every molecule of the information, Byun baekhyun just had realized that the school is now completely empty, the last living herd filters out through the front entrance and his effort to retrace their extinct steps came to an abrupt halt, running into the infamous four for the second time.

 

“Mornin. “

 

Dazzling but crooked. The other male smile, with unnerving vibe, the air reek of churned putrid for Baekhyun, whilst the simple crescent failed in earning a returning smile from his part. His attention now glued on the luster deprived gold plate on the male’s coat pocket, the creases grew folds when he clapped enticingly. Council President, Kim Joonmyun.

 

“So shall we get started ?”

 

Tch who do these people think they are ? Baekhyun mentally shrank upon confronting authority leeching council, and he wanted to just dissolve altogether now and then on the spot, or even flee and shout in an unmanly manner for help if you will. But his ego refused to back down with dips and dents now formed between his scrunched eyebrows.

 

Whoever they are, certainly they’re in a better position if not higher than you are Byundumb. Said in a Chanyeol-like voice never because it’s all in his mind again and somehow Chanyeol has an amazing gift; to agitate Byun baekhyun without the need to even open his mouth, nor a flex of his muscle. He’s just as irritating when he breathes. And the fact that his height made him standout in the cohort, the others and him just stared down at Baekhyun smugly with knowing grins.


“woah hold on there. I refuse to take part. “

“sorry you’re in no position to make that decision.” Resounded the pale male.
 

“There’s no way out, every entrance are locked, until one of us capture you.” Echoed the familiar tenor that chanyeol saved up since the grave flower incident from behind, he stepped forth aside joonmyun.

 

“what a joke, and damn childish. I’m gonna go home, y’all do as you like” with that and a whole lot of grunting, Baekhyun twist the balls of his heels and stomps his way to the school’s west wing exit.

 

Joonmyun looks over his shoulder to the raven haired one, as his nod flicked on an invisible switch.

 

“Start the count.”


The right turn engulfed the last sight of the boys’ figures, Baekhyun walked away but no matter how much the door rattled, it simply won’t fling open for him. It didn’t take another jerk of his gripping hands on the metal bar before the announced reverberate within the whole building’s confinement.

 

“100 . . .99 . . .98”

 

“91 . . .90 . . .89”

 

“You better start running now or it’ll be over before it even started”

 

Out of instinct, Baekhyun turns left and right, when “87” caught him freaking out, then skimming wildly for possible rabbit holes with hovering neon signs over.  

 

The big bad wolves are coming. The school is their haven.

 

“75 . . .74 . . .73”

 

“63. . .62 . . .61”

 

He dashed away from the exposed hallway and climbed up the fleet of stairs to the first floor frantically. Only now had his lungs regret not taking Physical Ed seriously and not let it take the best of him.

 

“55 . . .54 . . .53”

 

As the numbers kept ringing in his head, escalating in a hyper tensed pace, confused between sprinting and breathing, Baekhyun threw himself as far as his legs carried him to stealing a glance back every now and then in fear of being tailed by one of the wolves.

“41 . . .40 . . .39”

 

Realization hits Baekhyun later than anxiety, the school is completely vacant, not even a of life seen and that is when Baekhyun knew he’s dead meat and the possibility of zero life form to came to his rescue. it also made him question the extent of the student council’s influence.

 

“18 . . .17 . . .16”

 

A palpitating palm seized the first doorknob Baekhyun laid eyes upon reaching the floor, a yank and it pried the stor door opened. He wheezes when the dusts bid their hellos, replied with a failed sneeze and a ‘god bless you’ because for now Baekhyun need every particle of blessing to save him.

 

 

“10 . . .9 . . .8”

He scoots himself to make space in front of cabinet with faulty hinges, in the musty dark it felt like the black walls were closing on him, but Byun Baekhyun stayed low. He is actually hiding , the very same boy who spilled a vase full of water onto the Vice President of the Council now became the victimized sheep.

                                      

“3 . . .2 . . .1”

There was an obnoxious blare of air horn that must have lasted shorter than it really is because time is teetering slowly for Baekhyun who had trouble keeping his together with his heart throbbing in his ears. Dead silence joined pursuit after with a somber footsteps passing just outside the meter square area. The dust bunnies waiting by the corner didn’t make comforting companions for Byun.



“This is too easy hah”

 

Baekhyun snapped his eyes livid alive when the door creaked open, he muffled his breathing with a palm over his mouth but he’s sure as hell he was breathing louder than a fire breathing dragon through the nose.

“Aw look at you shaking in your knees—“ the foreign voice cooed mockingly