w

catch me if you can mutt

 

 

Being whisked away left Baekhyun staring at his own sneakers grating across the lined floor. Baekhyun was certain that thing he acknowledged as his eyeballs wedged on his skull are bulging rounded. Livid and alive, flabbergasted didn’t do justice on describing how gob smacked he really is. Is this how the first day of school was supposed to turn out? He’d rather be pretzel twisted limb and shipped back to whichever part of Bucheon that he came from.

“Dude, don’t you think we’re being a bit bonkers right now?”

“Shh.”

“For crying out loud, take your paw off of his face!”

There were now three boys under the main staircase. Zero population of life loiter the barren hallway. If there was a time should a dry tumbleweed come rolling about, now would be the perfect timing. And if a teacher was to abruptly shows up, he’d been ideal served as the cowboy of this ghost town region, with the trio as the lawbreaking antagonist for being out of the classroom where they should have been at the moment.

“Sorry bruh, we couldn’t do anything back there,” the apple-cheeked one reaches on scratching his nape, that soon rose into grin as far as his pearly whites would allow them to.

“Yeah, you’ve probably heard of the school’s rumor don’t you?” A foreign tenor from the other one seeps within the low rumble of the air conditioner. This one is slightly collected than the earlier.

“Oh oh I do! Someone told me to be wary of the school’s student council!” Baekhyun profusely nods, with a gist that came out a little too loud for a small shriek.

“Shhhh.” The two brusquely clasps Baekhyun’s mouth for the second time. Dear god, bless these poor souls for getting their stuck in a bunch.

“The point is, anyone that even try to go against the student council, expectantly they won’t last long here. And if it weren’t for the massive funds the school leeched off from their stinking rich parents, they wouldn’t run the council in the first place.”

“So if I were you, I’d take the advice and stay out of their way.”

“That’s right, not even eye contact.”

“Uhm, okay.”

Oh wow, these guys are dead serious. How terrifying can the council get? Baekhyun is really tight between both rocks at the whole idea. Clueless on how to react to this really, whether he should laugh it off as a big joke or quiver in his kneecaps and play along with the dilemma.

“Almost forget, I’m Jongdae by the way.”

“Kyungsoo. And sorry for the sudden, just thought we should let you know. And that Park Chanyeol, he’s the-”

“Aye there! Shouldn’t you guys be in a class?” 

 

Almost in sync Baekhyun, Jongdae and Kyungsoo twist their neck around. Only to find the culprit voice travelled from a pale skin with a smile that gradually Baekhyun find as mesmerizing as a mirror to a goldfish the more he stared at it.

There were three perfectly nailed statures in the middle of the hallway. Wonder how the hell did they didn’t noticed those boys nearing by, seriously, one can’t miss these three with faces like so. The fluorescent lamp hovered above their heads as the separation line; those three basked in yellow light whilst Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae bathed in shadow by the main staircase.

“Is it another gossip on the council I smell?” the tall, raven haired chimed in. His shaped lips uneasily cracked into smirk that made Kyungsoo’s toes curled inside his shoes, his heart to slide out between his rib bones.

The other one held his tongue, with a façade written disinterest all over it. He came off as fairly short, caramel blonde dyed, a face close or miss to a wax doll. Even Baekhyun had to throw a second look over just to be certain that the boy is actually breathing.  

Patter of soles clicking tiles were the only trace they left as those three passes by Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae, with a hint of dull chuckles out of the raven haired one.  Returning view to the two goons that allegedly kidnapped Baekhyun, both Kyungsoo and Jongdae were staggered, fidgeting in their standing patch as both of them exchange anxious looks.

“Guys? Hello guys?” Baekhyun profusely waves in their stunned face, trying to snap them back to reality.

“You three! Get back to class,” a burly teacher’s command suddenly cut through the air, making Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongdae startled in their skin. The following scene includes three scampering behinds, scurrying back to their classroom.

 

“How pretty!” Baekhyun conjured the most sugar coated smile despite the growing itch at his last nerve were getting at its limit. The clay vase filled with white chrysanthemum sat mockingly on his table, collecting raising eyebrows from the other classmates.

The reason was, traditionally ivory chrysanthemum are symbolic of death and often used for funerals. So try imagining how Byun Baekhyun would feel being greeted with grave flowers, and he has no hesitation pointing out the culprit this time.

“Look Chanyeol! Someone gave me flowers, wonder where should I place it hm?” a clasp of both palms from Baekhyun, whom didn’t react as ideal as Chanyeol expected.

“So noisy. A nobody like you should just act as a nobody. Keep quiet and unnoticed,” letting out a short of a sigh, Chanyeol slices in.

A spatter of liquid.

Number of wet petals on the floor.

An upside turned vase in a loose grip.

Counted droplets from dripping copper hair.

Twenty three pairs of wide gaping eyes as audiences.

“Ops, my hand slipped,” still wearing the smile, the little pug remark in triumph.

“You’ll regret this, heh.” Chanyeol also mustered up a knowing smirk as he emerges from his soaked seat.

“Oh my, I’m so sorry.”

“Just you wait Byun Baekhyun.” With that he excused himself out of the classroom, without leaving his poise and blasé behind.

“Pfft, boo you.” Stuck in the excitement rush, Baekhyun  hollered one last time, sending a wave in Chanyeol’s direction.

“Baekhyun!” abruptly said a sleeve tugging frantic Kyungsoo to the pug.

“Man you screwed up big time.  Chanyeol isn’t just one of the council members, he’s the vice president of the student council!”

“We’re really sorry, but there’s nothing we can do to help you now. Not even the techers can help you bruh.” Jongdae joins in the picture, with a reassuring pat on Baekhyun’s shoulder. Wow that was comforting.

“You should have been more careful, anyhow goodluck.”

“What ?? Why didn’t you guys told me sooner??”