Chapter 3

Two Faces of Oh Sehun

 



 

“Aish! I can do it by myself.” Jaera said irritated at her ‘cousin’.

“Complaining now?” Sehun just rolled his eyes and continued what he is doing.

He is separating the crispy part of the fried chicken and not letting her eat it. He raised it at Jaera’s level.

“This part is unhealthy. You’ll get high cholesterol. Do you want that to happen?”

“No, DAD.” She said trying to hold the tears forming in her eyes.

She just thinks he is abnormally babysitting him. She didn’t have the chance of having a father but she thinks the way Sehun acts around her is more like a strict grandpa.

“Hate me as much as you want.” He said noticing her unsatisfied face.

“I don’t think I can hate you more. My hatred for you is already in its maximum state, Oh Sehun.” She glared.

“Hey, it’s not that I’m snatching it away from you to eat it. Did you see me eat one?”

“No,” she said staring straight at him. “because you’re a weirdo.”

“I’m just taking care of you, ungrateful ugly brat.” Sehun said looking at her fiercely.

“Nobody told you to do that, malnourished weirdo!”

“Aunt Jaekyung did.”

“That was when I was a kid and you’re bullying me. Do you call this taking care of me when all you do is tell me what to eat and do? For your information, I’m not a robot.” Jaera said, with no feelings of crying but want to smack the guy in front of her.

“Lower your voice, Jaera. Or I’ll leave you here.” He whispered.

“That’s a good idea.” She raised her voice more.

“Aish! Let’s go now.” Sehun said as he dragged her out the food house.

Sehun was holding her wrist and constantly checking her expressions as she struggled to get away from his grip.

When Sehun felt her gave up on struggling, he let go of her wrist and hold her hand. Jaera was too shocked at his action to pull her hand. Sehun was surprised as well so he just let go of her hand.

*Ah~ It feels weird.* he thought to himself.

He felt his cheeks burning from embarrassment. There’s an awkward silence between them and he decided to break it. He turned around to face Jaera.

“Where should we— hahaha! Jaera, you’re face is red. You’re blushing!“ Sehun laughed that the people around are now staring at them.

“Stop it, Se—wait. Look who’s talking, a guy blushing!” she started to laugh too. “You’re worse, Sehun. Your face is as red as a tomato.”

“I’m not!” he said in a serious tone. He’s getting more embarrassed now that she caught her, his face getting redder.

“You are. Wait, I’ll show you…” Jaera looked for her mirror in her bag.

“You don’t need to!” Sehun held both of her hands to stop her. Realizing what he did again, he walked away leaving her behind.

“Ya! Wait for me!” Jaera followed him. “You’re blushing again, aren’t you?”

Sehun didn’t look back. She was right.

“DON’T WORRY, OH SEHUN! IT’S NORMAL TO BLUSH! THAT’S PART OF PUBERTY!” she screamed in irritation when Sehun was acting like he can’t hear her.

Some people near them chuckled causing Sehun to stop. His embarrassment is at its finest.

He turned around and walked towards the nervously smiling Jaera. *Uh-oh. I think he’s really mad now.*

He was about to hold her hand again but stopped, closed his eyes and sighed, “Okay. We really should go back home now.”

They walked in silence after the bus ride. Sehun is not talking to her and she doesn’t have the guts to talk to him after the embarrassment she caused him.

But when she saw a grocery store on their way home, she stopped and headed there to buy ice cream.

Sehun looked at her and not bothered to ask. He just wanted to be home and sleep. *Jaera, you little brat. You’re giving me headache.*

 

+++

 

“Hey, wake up! Wake up!” Jaera said shaking his shoulders.

“What now?” Sehun said sounding annoyed. But the reality is he loves that she’s waking her up.

“You’re still angry, aren’t you?”

“Of course,” he lied. “What do you need?”

“Nothing.” She turned around to walk away.

“Wah, I can’t believe you. You gave up just like that? Of course I’m not angry. Now, what is it?”

“I knew it,” she laughed. “You really can’t stay mad at me.”

“Who got mad? I never got mad to you, ugly face.”

“Then what do you call those times when you’re not talking to me? Shy-around-crush moments?” she snickered.

“Don’t start again, Jaera.” He rolled his eyes.

“Yeah yeah! Just get off your bed and let’s watch movie.”

“Movie? Why?” Sehun asked confused.

“Do people need a reason to watch movie?” she asked giving him a weird look. “Okay, let’s say we’ll watch movie for the cleansing of our soul. Now follow me.”

“You’re the weird one, not me.” he whispered when she was out of his sight and smiled.

 

+++

 

“Really, why are we watching movie?” he kept on asking.

“You really won’t stop asking until you get the answer?”

He nodded not looking at her, his eyes focused on the movie.

“I can’t believe you. I don’t know if you’re acting like you don’t know or you’re just plain dumb. Of course it’s to make up for our fight earlier. Movie and ice cream is the best peacemaker.”

“Did we fight?” he asked again, still not looking at her.

“I hate talking to you!” she said frowning.

She then filled his mouth with two spoonfuls of ice cream.

“Ya!” he shouted then choked. “So that’s what you want, huh?”

“No. Sehun, I’m warning you.”

Sehun revenged by doing the same.

She attempted to run away but was caught by him. She was hiding her face with her hands and Sehun was pulling it.

“Fine. I don’t have a choice but to do this.” Sehun said smiling wide.

It was silent and Jaera doesn’t know what’s happening and what Sehun is doing. She didn’t dare uncover her eyes.

“Hey I know you’re still there and I’m not uncoveri—” she bursted out laughing.

Sehun was tickling her. She fell on the floor but she’s still laughing nonstop. Sehun knows her ticklish part of the body, neck and waist.

“Stop-- *laughs* I swear I’m gonna *laughs* kill you after this” She continued to laugh.

Sehun, who’s sitting beside her, was laughing just as hard as her, his eyes like the moon’s shape.

“So sweet!”

Sehun stopped tickling her and both of them looked at the direction where the voice came from.

“I mean the ice cream. The ice cream looks sweet.” Jongin said grinning.

Sehun stood up and pulled Jaera with him.

“Why are you here, black man?” Sehun asked.

“You may come in, Jongin.” Jongin said in a sarcastic tone.

“Ah, yes. Come in.” Jaera said, feeling awkward. “Hey, what you saw… it’s not like that. We’re not flirting or something.”

“Why do you need to explain to him?” Sehun asked shooting her death glares. “He isn’t your boyfriend.”

“I am. Are you not informed?” Jongin joked.

Jaera just rolled her eyes at the two. The three of them are bestfriends but the two guys always bicker. Well, it’s the same with her and Sehun. *Oh Sehun who’s like a menopaused grandma with mood swings, you’re the one with problems.*

“Why are you here anyways?” she asked trying to break the childish tension between the guys.

“Ah, I’m here to show you this.” Jongin smiled showing them three envelopes with a writing that says ‘Seoul Performing Arts’.

Sehun and Jaera’s eyes widened and was filled with excitement.  



 

Hello to my nine subscribers~! ♥ Thanks for giving attention to my story. I'll do well in the future.