12 Handsome Brothers of the Zodiac

''Telepathy'

 

 

[Today will be the addition of my first applied character: hyunkyung as Byulra]

I'm awake in bed, with my usual morning wake-up call. Well howl more like, Kai is curled around my feet in his dog form... although it's weird thinking he's a human, he's really large and warm. The warmth is just like having a pet dog, even in his human form, he's warm... dog blood I suppose. I sit up and nudge him, I know I have to get up and go to work, and he... he needs to get up and go to school. "Yah, Kai... wake up!"

He doesn't flinch to me, I try moving my feet from underneath him. But when you have 40-50 kilos of dog on you, it's hard to move.

"Yah! Kai!" I shout to him making him growl in his sleep. "Kai... seriously, your a dead weight when your awake, let alone when your dead/alseep!"

He finally moves and groans at me, turning into his human form. "What's wrong? Why do I need to wake up?" He asks stretching.

"Because, I have work. You have school. Oh, and I'd appreciate it if I didn't wake up with a huge dog on me." I smile fakely to him then go to my wardrobe to grab a few bits, oh yeah... it's been a few weeks and I've decided to unpack, since I thought this place isn't that bad. I actually unpacked somewhere, maybe I feel like I might stay here forever. Or at least until I'm allowed to live alone.

"I don't know why I always transport here in my sleep, but I do. I must like you Sora."

I turn to him with a blank face. "Just leave, and don't transport whilst I'm dressing."

He pouts and makes soppy dog like whines. "You're so mean, I thought Korean girls sap up all the 'I like you' lines."

"How can a dog like a human?" I reply. "Don't try those lines on me, I know you guys wouldn't be attracted--- I'm not part of the animal kingdom."

He shakes his head to me. "We do fall for humans, it happens almost every time we come to earth. Actually, there is one brother who doesn't but I'll keep him out of this, it isn't fair. They're called our earth loves."

"Weird." I answer then stare at him, trying to tell him with my eyes it's time to leave. But he sits on my bed with a clueless expression. "Go." I finally say with a deep voice.

He gets up and puts his finger tip to my nose. "See you later, Sora." He winks and then flashes out.

I roll my eyes and then steady my beating heart. Why am I so, flustered by him touching my nose... I shake the thought and start getting ready.

 

 

 

I walk to the kitchen and see Baekhyun cooking, as always. "What's for breakfast, smells amazing." As always.

"Whatever you want for breakfast!" He smiles turning from the cooker and poking his tongue out to me.

I run to him and smile with my hands clasped together. "You know, now you mention it I really fancy an all English breakfast!"

He shrugs his shoulders and says. "I can make you eggs?"

"Eggs... will do!" I nod to him and sit on the counter top next to the cooker where it's nice and warm in this autumn september morning. "So... do I call you oppa outside of this house then, the ajumma at the shop thinks I'm your sister?"

He nods and smiles. "Call me oppa all the time, I'm alot older than you anyway."

"You all are." I state then think about the younger 'bodied' guys and say. "What about Sehun or Kai? I can't call them oppa, their high school kids on earth."

He laughs at me and says. "It doesn't really matter, since we're not humans and don't have an age or anything. Just act comfortably around us."

I nod and then we're joined by Luhan and Sehun who are joking around and slapping each others butts. "Hunnie! That hurts..." He cracks the back of Sehun's legs and then runs behind me for protection.

"Lulu... don't make this into a real fight. Snakes eat rabbits." He snarls to him and his eyes change into snake like ones.

I cut in when Luhan pokes my side. "Actually snakes usually eat mice or rats... depending on the size of them."

Suho walks into the kitchen at the wrong time. "Sora, that's mean." He pouts.

They all start laughing at me, but I'm left silent... there's 12 of them, I won't remember everything yet!

"It's okay Sora, we know it's alot for you to remember us all." Luhan smiles and leans his head on my shoulder from behind. "Just remember me." He always reads my thoughts.

I toosh him off and walk towards Suho, since I know he won't make any physical contact with me. "Baekhyun oppa, have you finished my eggs?"

"She calls him oppa!" Luhan pouts.

"That is too cute!" Suho gives a fatherly smile.

Sehun smiles cutely aswell saying. "Call me oppa too!"

I shake my head and say. "You're not an oppa by body... your just Sehun."

I walk towards Baekhyun taking my food. "Enjoy Sora!"

 

 

 

It's time to leave and as I walk out the door, I see a swarm of girls outside the front gate. "Luhan oppa!" One calls.

I'm taken back... what is going on? I've been here for a week and haven't seen anything like this before.

"Who's that girl!"

"Why is she staying with Luhan oppa and the other handsome oppas!"

"Get away from their house!"

"Cheap tart."

My mouth drops. They just called me cheap! The door opens behind me and I turn to see Luhan come out with a smile on his face. "The fan girls are here early."

I widen my eyes to him and ask. "What?"

"The fangirls, they love me..." He points to the crowd.

I nod my head and try to walk forward, but the crowd is majorly overwhelming. I get pushed and shoved, then someone pulls my hair and I’m truly lost for words. “Yah!” I shout only for them all to turn and look at me. “Don’t touch me or pull my hair or make a fuss because I’m staying in your oppas’ house! I’m Baekhyun’s little sister!” There’s that excuse again…

Baekhyun just happened to arrive at the right time. “Oh, Sora-ah! Let’s go I’ll walk you to work.” He smiles covering me and protecting me from the madness that is teenage girls. As I walk away all I can hear is Luhan.

“Yes, I know I’m handsome…” “No I’m not dating anyone.” “Oh you’re really cute too!”

I sigh. “Has Luhan always been like that?”

“Reading minds?” Baekhyun jokes. “The fangirls, he’s just got used too… he didn’t like it when he inhabited Luhan’s body… turns out the real Luhan was some kind of flower boy who loved the attention and now he’s well Luhan.”

I nod and the shake my head. “This is all a bit much…”

“Hey, do you live with Luhan oppa?!” A girl suddenly attacks me.

I nod and then grab Baek’s arm. “Save me.” I whisper.

He smirks and says. “Don’t worry she won’t hurt you.” He smiles to her and says. “Hey, Byulra.”

She waves and then says. “Hey Baekhyun oppa.”

“You know each other?”

“Yeah, this is Kim Byulra, she’s president of Luhan’s fanclub. We often meet and exchange pictures for things. Her fathers’ quite rich, where do you think I got our high tech microwave from?” He chuckles.

“You sell out Luhan for stuff?”

He nods. “Of course I do, we’re only brothers by destiny…”

Byulra chuckles and then smiles to me. “I just wanted to introduce myself, I’ll be marrying Luhan oppa when my father approves.”

“Oh right, okay… and how old are you?”

She blushes and says. “17.”

“Wow… you’re practically allowed to go to the toilet unaided in school now, I think Luhan is a bit old for you Byulra-ah.” I say with a sarcastic face.

She looks away with a pout and says. “And I was going to get you something amazing for just one good picture of Luhan.”

“Please I don’t want you’re superficial things.” I state and start walking to work.

 

 

 

Part 2;

 

Luhan walks into the little restaurant I work in. Xiumin is behind the counter learning how to make food with Ajumma as I serve the customers. “Hey Luhan, anything you want in particular?”

“No, just something yummy, I have a date today… so make it two of your most delicious dish.” He smiles.

I nod and send the order out the back for Ajumma and prince eat-a-lot to start preparing. The restaurant is pretty quiet today so I go and sit with Luhan for a bit. “Who’s your date?”

“She’s not really a date, just the president of my fanclub asked to meet with me for urgent matters.” He smiles.

“Byulra-ssi?”

He nods. “You’ve met her, she’s lovely isn’t she?”

“Yeah you do know she buys photos of you from Baekhyun, right?”

He nods once more and says. “Yes I do know, most of them are posed.” He smiles and takes a sip of his drink before continuing. “Baek’s not the only one who sells them.”

“Well you should know I told her I wouldn’t do it, because it would be invading your privacy.” I smile with an accomplished look.

He shakes his head. “As much as I appreciate it, you should have just done it. She’s got a rich daddy he’ll compensate whatever you want.”

Then the door creaks, we look over to see Byulra in the doorway. “You knew all along?” She asks with a tear rolling down her cheek. “You used me and my dad’s money so you could get expensive things.”

I shake my head. “You’re misunderstanding Byulra-ssi.”

“No she’s not, it was a pain keeping this lie anyway.” Luhan says with a mean face. “Let’s be honest, nothing will change, it’s a win-win situation here. You get photos of me, and I get to live a luxury life style with my 11 brothers.” He smirks. “If you want I could stretch to maybe a hug once in a while, and if you buy us a hot tub you might even get a kiss.”

I look at Luhan, his eyes have changed. He’s not the Luhan I know.

“I know you must be feeling upset but, hey that’s life… we use people to gain something we need.” He looks at me. “Right Sora?”

I stand up and go to slap him but before I can, Byulra does. “You’re a rude and horrible person! Why do I even like you! You can forget everything I ever did for you and I’m disbanding your fanclub too!” She runs out the store and I see Xiumin and Ajumma watching us over the counter.

Luhan’s eyes return to their majestic self again and he sighs. “That was harsh.”

I open my mouth and scream. “You did it!”

“I know, I feel bad now but she’ll have to get over me before we leave.”

I can’t believe him, what an . “What do you mean leave?” The words fall from my mouth.

“One, I’m not an , I was trying to protect her from getting hurt in the future and two we’re only here for a certain amount of time Sora, please remember we only have borrowed time here on earth.” He concludes standing up and then waves to the Ajumma and Xiumin. “I’ll pay for the food you were preparing, please enjoy it yourself.”

Then he’s gone, I stare at Xiumin who’s pouting and nodding. “What? Are you agreeing with him? Was what he just did right?”

Xiumin grabs my arm and pulls me out the store. “Look, that wasn’t Luhan… well it was but it was LUHAN… the body owner. Sometimes, I get it too. Strong thoughts that oppose my own and make me do stuff I don’t want to do.” He sighs and says. “But only the strong feelings come out Sora, only the strong ones can overpower us, the Luhan whose body our rabbit took, must really like that Byulra girl.”

I kind of understand and yet I don’t want to, I don’t want them to leave me. Is that strange I’ve only been here a couple weeks and yet the thought of losing them, like I’ve lost everyone else in my life scares me.

“Don’t worry, we still have some time left before we go.” Xiumin reassures me.

 

 

 

 

At home that evening we’re all at the table eating a spread Baekhyun and D.O made together. I look to Luhan who is just pushing his food around, he looks up at me and I tell him in my mind.

‘You shouldn’t have been so rude to her, she really likes you.’

“I don’t dislike her.” He answers out loud.

‘How could you be so mean?’

“I wasn’t being mean! Luhan was.” Then we realise the other brothers are watching us.

“Please elaborate.” Kris says with an unamused face.

Luhan stands up and says. “I was overpowered today, and it seems Sora doesn’t quite understand our circumstances fully yet.”

Kris looks to me and Suho asks. “Sora, you know you can ask us anything?”

“I kind of understand that you guys borrow bodies but---“ I stop myself I don’t want to know the answer to this, what if it’s something really gruesome.

“But what Sora.” Tao asks with wide eyes.

“Nothing.”

Luhan gives me a look, he knows what I want to ask. So why isn’t he answering?

“She wants to know what happens when we leave, but at the same time she doesn’t want to know.” He finally reveals.

Suho sighs and puts his chopsticks down. “When the time comes that we have to go, you’ll know everything. Until then, let’s just learn slowly. Okay, don’t run before you can walk.”

I nod and look to Luhan.

He stands up and leaves.

“He’ll be okay.” Lay suddenly pipes up. “He’s strong, even though he’s a weaker creature he’s a strong minded one.”

I smile and after dinner head to his room. “Luhan, I just want to apologise.” I say as I knock and enter.

He’s on the bed with tears in his eyes. “Please leave.”

His eyes are different again.

“Sora, I’m not myself right now… I might hurt you too.”

I shake my head and sit on the end of his bed. “No you can’t do that… I’ve experienced so much hurt in my life, I’m practically immune to the emotional kind of hurt.” I pat his leg.

“It’s hard.” He says. “It’s really hard, I wanted to hug her and tell her I’m sorry but it’s not me who she sees all the time.”

“No it’s the rabbit.”

I feel like I’m starting to understand the overpowering thing now. Right now, I’m talking to Luhan the person.

“That’s right.”

I remember something about borrowed time that Xiumin said and tried to comfort Luhan. “Borrowed time. That’s what you’ve been given, whether you’re inside watching or outside living its extra time right?”

He looks to me.

“Look, I know you’re going to be as confused as I am right now, but—Byulra, she just wants to be liked. That’s why she throws her fathers’ money about… and I’m not saying it’s a good thing, but if you like her, even as a friend, you should make up with her and tell her that.”

His eyes become less cloudy and Luhan sits up wiping his tears away. “You’ve settled his feelings.”

“I have?”

He nods. “I’m going to see Byulra, I think he’ll let me.”

“Go.” I nod.

 

 

 

 

A few days later I go to leave the house and notice the fangirls are back, and there seem to be more too. “Morning girls, let’s not rip out my hair today.” I call out as I make my way through the crowd.

“Morning Sora!” Byulra says to me.

“Hey, I’m sorry about-“

She puts her finger to my mouth and says. “There’s no need, Luhan oppa told me you settled his feelings or something like that, then apologised to me.”

“Good.”

She hugs me tight and says. “Thank you.”

I smile and pat her head. “It was nothing.”

 

 

**************************************************************************

Sora's Diary Entry: 3

So today i learnt more new things about these 12 weird brothers, like the fact the body owners are still active somewhere in their brain. WEIRD. I hope Luhan can stop this whole madness about leaving though he's still over paranoid about hurting people he cares about... one day i'll understand but i have this feeling it'll be after they've gone. I realise it until I'm alone agian.

Please dont leave just yet-

 

**************************************************************************

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Chapter: 'Light'