12 Handsome Brothers of the Zodiac

'Wind'

 

I'm heading to Sehun's high school with his packed lunch he left behind, I'm feeling slightly irritated that his high school isn't so close, he doesn't actually stay at the house that often... since he's still in contact with Sehun's real family he stays there more. I walk into the school gates and notice there's a lot of girls loitering. I look to them and say. “I thought this was an all boys school?”

The girls all flinch as I talk and then look to me with dark eyes. “Who are you to tell us where we should and shouldn't be?” One says coming closer to me. “Sehun oppa likes when we visit him in school.”

“Sehun-” I go to address him formally, since we don't really talk or see each other much as he's never at home, then realise he's supposedly quite a bit younger than me. “Sehun-ie always likes attention from people.” I finally decide to say.

“Sora-” I hear from behind me. “Uh- noona...” He says rather awkwardly and stiff. “What are you doing here noona?”

I grab his packed lunch made by Baekhyun and hand it to him. “Here. It's from Baek... you left it behind this morning and I had to stop him from crying since you're never at home and he was so excited to make you a lunch he got up at 5am to cook it all...” I hear gasps all over and then realise I was way too detailed concerning his home life there.

“Noon-nim.” He suddenly addresses my formally. “Is Baek hyung going to baby me forever?” He asks confusing me, then he looks to the girls who are all staring between us very confused. “This is my sister-in-law to be, she's very cool and already lives with my hyung, western style.” He says with a smirk. “I stay there sometimes because my hyung is the best cook!” He smiles and then heads into the school and out of sight.

I'm left a bit speechless. Did I just get engaged to Baek? I giggle to myself and think about how to tell Baek about this since he'll find it hilarious.

“Yah, unnie!” A girl pulls me back from my thoughts of Baek. “Why are you so smiley? If you like Sehun you shouldn't use his hyung to get to him?”

“Poor Baek-oppa!” Another says.

I drop my jaw. “Are you kidding?” I then look to the group as a whole and say. “Also, oppa? You don't even know my Baek-oppa.”

“If he's Sehun's hyung he's our oppa.” The first says with a big smile.

I nod. “Right, okay... go to school before you get in trouble. Trust unnie when I say chasing after boys isn't all it's cracked up to be.” I head off and leave them all shouting abuse at me, it's like Luhan's fan girls all over again... they too think I'm with Baekhyun... poor guy.

 

My day, has been normal. Which is weird... I don't know how to feel about the fact that it's been a day without anything odd happening around the house. I'm just arriving home from my shift at the restaurant when I notice Baekhyun in the front gate smiling at me. “I was waiting for you to come home Sora!”

I nod to him and hurry towards him as he pulls me into a hug. “My favourite weird brother!” I smile to him as his eye smile makes me giggle. “Apparently we're engaged.” I say in a little fit of laughter.

He looks at me with confusion in his face but then answers. “Our wedding will be huge!” With a big sarcastic laugh. “When did I propose? Or did you propose? You're so cool Sora...”

I punch his arm and we head inside the house. “No, Sehun told some girls that follow him around that I was his hyung's fiance... you're the hyung!”

“Did you say too much again?” He smirks.

I nod.

“Typical... Sora, you need to be more careful, otherwise we will end up married with 4 children a dog and a large mortgage.” He nods adding it all up with his fingers then wiping his hand down my face.

I frown to him. “Well... normal is so- weird now. I don't know how I feel about being normal anymore... I'm used to you all transforming and being you now.” I look to the floor and then sigh. “When it's time it's not gonna feel right.”

“I'm home.” Someone calls from the front door. We look over and see Sehun waving. Then we look to each other confused, he's never home this often...

“You... were here last night?” I ask then point to the house and him multiple times.

He nods. “So?”

I shrug and then say. “It's kinda weird... I don't think I've seen you this much in all the time I've been here.”

He slithers into a snake and then is gone upstairs.

“That was-”

“Weird?” Baek finishes with a laugh. “He goes through stages of coming here more when he's... you know... feeling more like the snake than Sehun.”

I nod. “So, your body owners... do they come out like when you're around people that knew them?”

“What? Why do you ask?” He looks to me with a puzzled expression. “Plus I thought you didn't want to know about this?”

I sigh and say slowly. “Well... I think I want to help you guys. Not every situation can be fixed, look at Tao... but I want your body owners to be happy when you guys leave. Also will they remember me? Because if they do and I didn't help them in any way they might hate me...”

He laughs a little and pats my shoulder. “Sora, they won't remember you. They won't remember any of this, it'll be like a coma... or living half of their days in dreams, that's why we live as normal with the families or we separate ourselves.”

I head into the kitchen and see Kris making a coffee. “Oh, Kris... You're home too... what an odd day to have you and Sehun here.”

He turns around and just stares at me with a blank face.

It's awkward and thankfully Kai bounces through the door and grabs me. “Sora! Call me oppa again!” He lifts me up and spins me around then I see Kris has gone. Thank you Kai... “Sora!!” He shouts out loud until Luhan comes in and starts trying to throw me around too.


PART 2;


 

There's been 5 days since Sehun left home and came here to stay with us... he's been sociable and nice and we get along well... which is nice. But I'm worried that something has happened. Surely that's understandable?

“So Sehun, how's school?” I ask as we start eating some ice cream on the sofa, the weather has been hot lately and he's been shedding his snake skin all over the place.

He looks to me and steals the ice cream I just scooped onto my spoon. “It's been... boring. I've been feeling too hot and snakeish, it's hard to concentrate so I feel bad for Sehun.”

I nod. “Whats the creatures name?”

He looks to me with a weird expression. “What?”

“Tao told me last time his name-- like the magical creatures name...” I say with a smile like I'm trying to be as normal and casual as possible.

"Shé” he answers continuing to eat the ice cream. “I wonder why Tao told you that... Suho has been very strict on what we can and cannot say.”

I poke his shoulder and say. “Well, you just told me yours.” Then I bite the spoon and ask. “So, Sehun's family, you live with them... did Sehun also have some sort of accident? Do they know your situation or do they think it's just Sehun at home?”

He gets up suddenly and walks off. No answer. I feel bad, I upset him didn't I? I let out a sigh and get up putting the ice cream away. “Sora, are you eating ice cream on your own?” I hear from behind me I look and see D.O.

“Hey monkey! Want some ice cream?” I say with a smile grabbing a spoon for him from the cupboards. “Share some with me!” We sit and watch TV and slowly the brothers starting arriving home from work or just being out and there's a few of us just hanging out in the living room watching some terrible historic drama which the creatures are telling me isn't correct since they lived through that time too... I hear the door bell ring but most of them are animal form since that's how they're comfortable lounging around, so I go to answer it. “Hello.” I say happily through the security screen.

“Hi, is this the Wu residence?” Someone asks, I can't quite see their face as they're not in view on the screen. “Hello?” They ask again.

“This... is the Wu residence?” I say thinking I'm either going to be wrong or right but I never know what I'm doing in this house. “May I ask who it is?”

“Hi, I'm Sehun's mother.” My eyes widen, Sehun's mother?! “Is Sehun there?”

I don't know what to say so I just panic and click for her to come in. “Oi creatures, get out or become human we have company!” Suddenly I see Luhan, Kai, Xiumin, D.O and Baekhyun all sat on the sofa rather than the bunny, dog, pig, monkey and rooster that was just there. “Is Sehun home?” I ask as I head to the door to open it.

They look between them and shrug.

“Hi.” I say as I open the door. “Sehun's mother, I'm Sora. I'm living here with my brother Baekhyun.” Baek comes to my side and introduces himself. As do the rest of the brothers that are here.

“Omo, are you the only girl living here?” She asks with a crude expression.

I nod. “But don't worry, my brother won't let any of them do anything.”

“Woman, wench!” I hear coming through the door.

I sigh. “Although there is an exception.”

“Why do I have to call you more than once? Make me a-” Chanyeol catches sight of Sehun's mother. “Hello.” He says and bows slightly.

She nods to him like he's not really there and keeps searching the room for Sehun. “I'll go see if he's in his room...” D.O says walking up the stairs.

We all exchange glances as we realise Sehun's mother is dressed in the best brand clothing and sporting a handbag that reads 'PRADA'. “So, are you here because Sehun hasn't come home in a couple days? He said he had some leave from school for exam prep?” I say with smile.

She looks me up and down. “I don't know why he'd want to be here over our home... but yes he's got some time off to prep for Seoul University entrance exams. He should be at his private tutors though and hasn't been going.” Then she looks at the sofa, like she's thinking about sitting there but changes her mind when she sees it's dusty. “His tutor told me today, so I came to look for him. The agreement was he could stay here as long as he went to his classes. So I'll be taking him home.”

We nod and make a face that says what we're all thinking. 'What a high maintenance mother'

“Sorry, but he's not here?” D.O says coming down the stairs. “Would you like us to let him know you came?”

She starts acting hysterical and throwing her bag around. “This son of mine is nothing but trouble. Ever since he tried--- I just can't deal with him anymore... we told him we'd compromise as long as he stayed with the plan. Why can't he just stop acting like a child?!”

The brother swiftly leave and I'm left alone with the slightly crazy woman. “Umm, do you want a glass of water?”

She looks to me and nods. “Please.”

I smile and lead her to the kitchen where she leans against the side and downs a glass of water. “You... said just now that Sehun is nothing but trouble. But he's such a great guy. He's always at school and studying he's always trying hard for himself.”

She shakes her head. “He's always been such a hard worker... but last year when-” She stops herself and looks to me for reassurance. I smile to her and grab another glass of water for her. “He really scarred us when he took the overdose, he was never stressed or showed it. I'm worried he'll get like it again...”

My eyes widen. The real Sehun tried killing himself... this situation is completely different! The other brothers so far have had accidents, but Sehun did it himself. “I didn't know about the overdose, that must've been hard on you.”

She shakes her head. “It was hard for Sehun to adjust afterwards, he- tried to take his own life but failed. He succeeded in everything in life, then failed at ending it. He took it hard. Then one day he suddenly perked up a bit and started coming here. I was so relieved that I started treating him like before without even thinking, telling him we'd let him come here but he had to study again and work hard for Seoul U, and become a doctor like his father.” I see her starting to shed a tear so I grab some tissues from the dining area quickly. “Thank you.”

“So, when he started coming here he was better?” I ask.

She nods. “I don't like this place if I'm honest but- it helps my Sehun so I'm happy that he's recovered and isn't depressed anymore.” She looks out the window. “If it's helping Sehun then it's helping our family.” She puts the glass down and smiles to me. “Thank you for being there for Sehun. I'm glad you didn't realise his past, surely that means he's moved on and is stronger now.” She bows to me. “I'll take my leave now, please tell Sehun to call me when he returns.”

And like that she's gone. I pout and notice the tiger in the doorway. “Wah, that scared me, when did you get home?”

He smirks. “Tigers, in the wild. Stalk and get extremely close to their prey without the poor vulnerable things knowing... then when you realise we're here we attack.” Now he's stood right in front of my face.

“What a shame I'm not prey, but in fact just a person who hates you.”

Suddenly he looks hurt. “You.. you hate me?”

“Why would I even consider liking someone who calls me 'wench' and 'woman' forces me to make you sandwiches and all that...” I say with a flaring nostrils.

I nods. “Yeah I suppose I'm not all that great...”

I'm confused and tilt my head to him. “You're eyes...” I say noticing his eyes becoming calmer, darker. Not their usual orange colour. But as soon as I mention it they return to the burnt orange colour they usually are. “Were you just... the real Chanyeol?”

He shakes his head and smirks. “That's not possible. The other guys may have chosen people alive, but this guy was so close to death, all I feel are his last breaths...” Then he gets close to my face and says. “That's exactly how I like it.”

Then he leaves the kitchen and heads upstairs. I'm left shocked and now I hate him more than before! How can he say that... Chanyeol must be scared and frightened about all of this! And of all the monsters to have taken his body it had to be the tiger. But this is not the time to worry about that silly tiger! I need to find Sehun and let him know about his mother...

 

Part 3;
 

I spend the whole day trying to find Sehun, I look at his school, private schools, libraries, reading rooms, study halls... everything local to his school and our home. NOTHING. Where the hell is this guy? As I arrive home I see him walking through the front door. “Where are you going? Where have you been?”

He points inside. “I've been here all day... and now I'm going home.”

My mouth drops. “No way have you been here all day long? I've been looking everywhere for you!”

“Yeah, I mean I've been chilling in my natural form in the vents... It's much cooler in there. It's been so hot lately.” he scratches his neck and I notice some skin peeling.

I grab his hand and touch his neck. “Woah, are you okay?”

He pulls away and nods. “I'm fine, it's a side effect of the heat.”

“My skin doesn't peel off in the heat?” I ask with a sarcastic tone.

He chuckles and says sarcastically back. “No, but you're also not a snake?”

I nod back. “That's true... oh you're- well Sehun's mother was here today... did you see her whilst you was shedding in the vents?”

He nods his head back to me. “Of course I did. Why do you think I was in the vents? I came back here cause I felt the shedding process start... even though I'm an immortal snake, I'm still a snake. I also worried a bit about her seeing my peeling in Sehun's body so I thought it was better this way.” He goes to leave and waves goodbye, but I can't help but call out to him.

“Yah, snake!”

He turns and says cooly. “It's Shé.”

“Right... Shé.” I say remembering our conversation. “Do you feel Sehun in there? Like the others do?”

He nods.

“Is he happy?” He looks to the floor. “Is there something we can do to make him happy?” I sigh. “His mother is so worried about him... and even though you're okay on the outside, is he okay on the inside?”

He sighs too. “I can't make him want to live. But what I can do is make him live for this short time. I hope he changes his mind too.” He smiles to me and says. “But I feel he's happy you care.”

My heart feels lighter. “Can you let him out? For just 5 minutes?”

He looks around and comes back closer to me. “It's hard to control, Sehun has to want to come out.”

I look into his eyes and plead. “Please come out and talk to me, I only want 5 minutes.”

I see his eyes start to fuzz over. “Sora-noona?” He says foggy.

I smile to him and nod. “That's it! Please talk to me!”

“I'm sorry about my mother, it was hard to listen too, so I turned off for a while.” He looks into my eyes and I see its the real Sehun. “It's hard to talk about this...”

I nod to him and take his hand. “It's okay I don't want you to talk about the past unless you want to talk about it?”

“I-” His eyes start to well up. “I've always tried my hardest- but it's hard to be perfect.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Chapter: 'Earth'