12 Handsome Brothers of the Zodiac

'Perfume'

 

I head downstairs it's about 7:30 and I can't believe I've slept in! I've never slept in so late in my life, I need to get ready for work, thankfully ajumma wants me working the late shift tonight so I don't need to be in until 3pm. As I walk towards the kitchen I notice none of the brothers are around, weirdly enough... not even the lazy tiger.

I wonder where everyone is?

“Guys no one home? Baek oppa! Are you going to make me breakfast?” no answer... how dare they not be here! I pout then think about the fact I have to make my own breakfast for the first time since living here. I pout a little more then there's a knock at the door. There's never a knock at the door unless Luhan is home, which he isn't... I go towards it and activate the camera to see whos there. “Hello.” I say into the speaker.

“Hello...” It's a meak voice, that of an old lady. “Could I please have a glass of water?”

I open the door and let the lady in, I wonder how she managed to knock on the door when the camera is at the gate, but then she's already at the door when I open it. Weird. I look at her and smile. “Hi, water?” I just confirm.

She nods.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a sports bottle and fill it to the brim with nice cold water. “Here.” I say handing it to her. “Take it with you, than you can just refill it when you need to.”

“Thank you what a lovely young girl!” she says taking the bottle of water. “I must give you a gift to thank you.”

I shake my head. “Really it's only water.”

“Please... take this.” She reaches into her pocket and hands me a bottle, it's purple see through shaped like a heart. “It's a special perfume, it'll make all the young men around fall in love.” She chuckles then says sternly. “Well, all those old creatures anyway.”

I look at her surprised, surely I misheard what she said. “Pardon?”

She winks then gets up and heads for the door. “I'll be off, enjoy your perfume.”

I shake my head and try to give her the perfume back. “I really can't take this from you. Please take it back.”

She ignores my prodding and just leaves. I watch her walk down the path and then I head out after her I really don't want this. I get to the end of our path and out the gates and see she's gone. Nowhere to be seen. I put the bottle on the floor, maybe she'll come back this way and see it. I know it's rude not to accept it, but she was creepy! It might be poison, plus she mentioned the young boys that are old creatures. I think about it and it makes me worry that other people know about their secret and we'll be exposed. I mean, they'll be exposed. Not me i'm just a normal girl in a horrible house with 12 handsome guys that are all secretly animals... legendary animals with special powers... god listen to me. I'm rambling on, in my head, and i'm calling that poor old lady crazy. Oh lord. I turn around and trip on the step onto the path I fall down onto my side and flinch closing my eyes.


 

I open them and I'm in bed... what? I know that familiar weight on my legs too. Kai... I sit up and he falls off the bed transforming.

“Sorry I had a nightmare, I suppose I transported here...” He rubs the back of his head then back.

I shake my head. “I'm used to you spawning here overnight...” I rub my head, I feel like i've fallen over. I look at my elbow and see there's a graze. “How is this possible?” I look to Kai and he seems puzzled. “Hey have you ever had a dream that seems so real you think it might have been?”

“Like Deja vu? Yeah all the time, I have Jongin's dreams all the time. They seem so real but most of the time I forget all but the important parts.” He smiles and then walks towards my desk. “Ooh, new perfume?”

I look to him and stand up seeing a see-through, purple stained, heart shaped bottle almost full to the brim. My eyes widen, it was all real! “Kai what day is it today?”

“Monday” he answers thinking i'm crazy.

It's the same day as when I woke up before. So, I woke up twice... i'm so confused.

“What's wrong? Are you okay Sora?” He askes concerned.

I nod but i'm not okay. And I can't tell him any of this because he'll think i'm crazy and I can't be crazy! Right?

I pick up the perfume and sniff the lid. It smells like peaches and flowers. It's sweet and delicate. The opposite to any of the brothers in this house. I spray a bit into the air, and as Kai smells this I see his facial expression change. He's a different guy, or dog?

“Sora, I love you” he says out of nowhere, suddenly he's pushing me down on the bed and trying to kiss me, he misses my lips just and hits my cheek. “Sora, don't fight it.”

I push him off and for the second time this morning he thumps on the floor. “Get away from me what's wrong with you!”

He pouts. “I don't know, I suddenly realised how much I truly love you and I want to be with you forever, i'm eternal I just have to cheat life and make you eternal too.” he comes closer and I move away.

I shake my head. “Kai, I like you as a friend, as a brother!” I shout and suddenly Suho, Luhan and Tao burst through the door.

“What's wrong Sora?” Suho askes.

Luhan comes to me and says. “We heard you shout, did something happen?”

Kai transforms into a dog and starts growling to Luhan whos hand is on my shoulder. “What's up with Kai?” Tao asks then looks to me. I see him breath in some of the perfume still lingering in the air. “Noona, you're so pretty.” he pushes Luhan over onto my bed and says. “Be with me forever.”

My eyes widen. “No!”

“Tao, what's wrong with you...” Then Suho stops. “Sora, you look so beautiful today, may I kiss you?”

No, not Suho too. Luhan looks up from the bed and is very confused. No, Luhan I need someone sane around! “Luhan don't breathe! Get out!”

“Sora, why is everyone acting so funny?” I see him breathe in some purple dust like stuff and know that this isn't going to be my day.


 

Part 2;
 

I managed to get out the house, my lips still intact somehow. Considering I usually only fight off Kai being overly clingy and Tao he doesn't get as much time with me like Kai... What is in that perfume? What was that old lady doing that I had to be a part of! I sigh and pull the purple bottle out of my bag. “Just what the hell is this?”

“Sora!”

I flinch as I expect it to be the brothers following me and as I turn I see Xiumin smiling at me. But he frowns when he sees my facial expression isn't happy to see him.

“Sora, don't be so mean and smile back to me.”

I smile a little and then look at the perfume in my hand. I quickly put it in my bag and say. “Sorry it's been a funny day...”

“Did you get a new perfume?” he says looking from my bag to my hand then to my face. “What does it smell like I love perfumes!” he comes closer to me but I back away. “What's up with you!”

I shake my head. “Nothing.”

“Yah, Sora let me smell it?! I really love perfumes...” Xiumin pouts and I shake my head once more. “Really weird... why are you being so weird?” Suddenly his phone rings, he pulls it from his pocket and answers. “Oh, Luhan...” He looks to me and then answers. “She's here with me... why would I do that?!” he answers animated. His face says it all, he's not in love with me. “Luhan... why are you chatting such rubbish? I'm more likely to do that to dumplings... speaking of I need to get to work, come there if you want to see Sora, she'll be working too!”

I try to grab the phone so the stupid pig can't tell the bunny where I am. “Really?! You had to tell him where I'm gonna be!? They're all acting so funny!”

“I thought it was a bit strange when he told me not to... do THAT to you.” He says cautiously blushing and kicking dust at his feet. “Did something happen?”

I nod and pout to him. Then I pull the perfume from my bag. “DONT SMELL IT!” I say quickly before he has a chance to spray it, he holds his hands up defensively and shakes his head. “It's what's making everyone act weird...”

He laughs. “It's just some perfume Sora.”

I shake my head. “No, it's really not. A witch or someone came and gave it to me, then I fell over and then was in bed again... but it was the same day... but earlier and-”

“Sora, maybe you're the one not feeling too well? Are you okay?” He asks raising an eyebrow and looking at the poisonous purple bottle. “This is just some perfume... maybe it's old and smells a bit funky making you feel ill?” He then sprays it and I leap forward to push him back from the purple spray lingering in the air. “See I'm not in love with you.” He chuckles and I notice the particles enter his nostrils. “Sora...”

I bite my lip take my perfume and run away from him. “No way, no more!” I shout as I run through the streets.


 

I manage to eat some lunch alone, though I have 104 missed calls, all a combination of Kai, Luhan, Tao, Suho and Xiumin. Great. They're all completely crazy. Wondering where I am threatening to kills each other, but that's okay they're immortal. Nothing to worry about.

“Sora-ya!” I flinch and Chen jumps back. “Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!”

Baekhyun sits next to me. “Jumpy today?” He smirks and then gestures Chen to sit across from us. “Eating alone? Could have called me.”

“You weren't there this morning to make breakfast...” I say casually, forgetting about the whole people being crazy for a moment. “I had to come out and eat.”

“I thought you had a shift today?” Lay asks joining us too.

Baekhyun looks to him and asks. “Erm... you weren't here just now?”

Lay smiles and then looks to me. “Are you not feeling very well, you look very pale?” He takes my hand and I feel the goodness coming from him. His healing power is beautiful to feel but- it's not working. “Something I can't heal. Worry.”

“What are you worried about?” Chen and Baekhyun ask.

I sigh and see there's going to be a problem, I get up from the table and ask I pick up my bag the perfume falls out and spills out over the table. And like a horrid deja vu there the purple particles spread into the noses of all three brothers. I sigh and think, how many left until all 12 are contaminated? I slump back down in my chair and look between them. “So, who loves me more?”

Lay lifts his hand slowly as if to ask a question.

I nod to him. “Yes?”

“So, will you marry me?” He blushes. “I'm a mere horse, however I will love you like a unicorn loves rainbows.”

I frown to him. “Lay, really? Unicorns aren't real?”

“Neither are goats, pigs, rabbits, mice... etc that can turn into humans? Have magical powers and so on... yet here we sit... loving you.” Chen says leaning over the table towards me.

“I feel the strong emotions towards you too... however Baekhyun is too strong for it to completely take over...” Baek says with a small smile. “But it answers the questions I wanted to know... how it would feel to love you.”

“Well... this isn't as bad as Luhan.” I sigh... Then I see my phone has a new message.

'Tiger – Yo, woman, come home and make me a sandwich. Also, where is everyone? Even Tao isn't home?'

I scoff. “Woman?”

“Who dares to call you that?” Chen asks.

“I'll kill him...” Says the healing unicorn wannabe.

I look between them and Baekhyun who is just looking confused. “Shut up, both of you.”

I text the tiger back telling him I'll be home soon, but to make sure to tell me if anyone comes home in that time. I leave the three brothers at the restaurant so they can eat and head home. Hopefully I can avoid letting Chanyeol fall for this horrible spell. I then think, let's just ditch the stinking perfume! I take it from my bag and throw it in the communal bin I walk past. I smile, it's over.


Part 3;
 

As I get home I see Chanyeol stood in the doorway. “Sup, woman.”

I frown to him, I hate him. But right now I'm happy he hates me too. “What's up indeed you scruffy cat?” I smile as he growls back to me. “Don't growl, you're a human right now and people will think you're uneducated...”

He shrugs his shoulders. “I think people know I'm uneducated, yet I've out-lived the lot of ya!” He says raising his voice.

I nod. “Uh-huh...” Then I walk past him into the house. “So, boy... why can't you make your own sandwich?”

“Because that's why I let you live here. You make me sandwiches and then I wont eat you... it's kind of the agreement I made.” he nods.

I smile to him and then ask. “You realise you need the other persons permission to make an agreement?”

He chuckles a little then becomes serious again. “No, I'm the alpha here.”

I put my bag down and head into the kitchen. He requests a chicken sandwich and I think of poor Baek oppa... though I suppose he's a rooster, not chicken. I laugh to myself just thinking about it all then I feel a presence behind me. I go to turn to see what it is and two large hands keep me in place. “Tiger..” I manage to whisper.

I feel his breath on my neck as his arms snake around my waist. My eyes widen and I try to get away from him but he's too strong. “You won't be able to get away... I'm a tiger, the strongest zodiac in this house.”

My hands ball into fists as his lips touch my neck... his words whisper along my collar bone. “What are... you doing?” I can just about breath out as his hands keep wondering around me.

“Something I've wanted to do for so long...” He turns me to face him but I can only stare at his chest. I feel my cheeks flush and know there's marks along my neck and shoulder from his toying. My hands ball on his chest and he pulls me closer so I don't have a choice but to look at him. His eyes seem full of lust, I'm confused but my head is in no place to question much right now. It's steaming. “Let me... kiss you, just once?” His eyebrows raise up as he leans towards me. My eyes flicker and I feel his hot breath on my lips.

I see out of the corner of my eye... the purple bottle. He's smelt the purple perfume! I shake my head and get my senses back. “No, get off.”

“Be mine.” He says sternly. “You will be mine.”

“No.” I say trying to get him off, but there's no budging he's too strong. “Help!” I call out.

He smirks to me. “We're alone, I made sure of that.” He tries to kiss me, but I manage to move and his lips hit the corner of my mouth which angers him. “Just let me take you.” He grabs my chin with his large hand swallowing my face in it. “You won't resist me once you've tasted me.”

I try to shake my head but I can't... I close my eyes and brace myself for what's turning out to be some majorly steamy ual harassment.

“Sora!” I hear before I feel myself pass out.


 

My eyes open and I see Kris stood over me. “Are you okay?”

I look to the other side and see Lay healing Chanyeol. D.O is here too. He looks worried about me. “Everyones gone crazy Sora, what happened?” He asks then I feel the house shake.

“D.O calm down, this isn't the time for an earthquake.” Kris says gesturing for him to stop. “Are you okay?” Kris repeats.

I nod.

“I don't know what that perfume is, but it's managed to send all of my brothers crazy.” He says pointing to a sofa full of love sick puppies. “How did you get that perfume Sora?”

I sit up and say. “An old lady gave it to me this morning. None of you were home, but she came in and had some water and then gave me it as a gift.”

“An old lady?” Kris repeats trying to understand. “Anything else?”

I nod. “Yes, after that I woke up again like usual. Kai was on my legs and I thought it was a dream but the perfume was on my desk and- then everything went wrong.”

He nods and asks. “So, do you know where this lady is?”

I shake my head. “She disappeared.”

“Interesting...” He smiles. “Don't worry this is all just a horrid dream. I know who's work this is... and this will pass. But until then, may I keep the bottle?” I nod. “Good, I'll make sure D.O and Sehun don't harass you, however the others... may not be easy to tame until morning.” He smiles slightly and says. “I'm sure they won't be nearly as bad as our big kitten there...”

I look to the brothers who are all staring at me. I gulp and feel light headed again.


 

I wake up.

Kai is on my legs, there's also Luhan on the floor in bunny form. It's a normal day, again. I look for the perfume on my desk, it's gone. I let out a sigh of relief, then kick the dog off the bed squishing our little sleeping bunny. They both yelp and transform, I see them flopped on the floor like fish and hold my breathe just incase they're still in love with me.

“Why, every morning do you have to kick me off... you know a nice little, Kai... wake up! Would be nice...” Then Luhan gets up and pouts.

“i never sleep in here, I come in once and get squished by the fattest dog in Seoul!” He clicks a couple areas of his body and then leaves my room.

They're normal.

“Kai, do you love me?” I ask then wait for a reaction as he nods.

“Mmm, noona is the best!” He smiles. Weird as this may sound, he's back to normal. “Why do you ask?”

“The perfume has worn off, isnt that great?” I smile.

He looks at me confused. “What perfume?”

I look out the door and I run to each brother to ask him about his experience and no one remembers, not one brother even the rampant kitten remembers. I'm so confused. Then I see a empty purple bottle on my desk as I return to the room. There's a note in it.

Sora, I'm sorry but I must pass the perfume onto another girl who has lost her way in love. I hope you realise your feelings before it's too late. Tell Kris I miss him everyday. From his wife.

“Wife?” I look at the note again, “Realise my feelings?” What the hell has happened to me?

 

 

**************************************************************************

Sora's Diary, 

So, that day apparently never happened? And also apparently my feelings are more confusing than ever... well I give up. Is it hometime yet?

 

**************************************************************************

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Chapter: 'Wind'