Baro's backstory

Neighbours

Sunwoo started to wash up the bowls, after Sandeul had left he contemplated how to tell him he was a semi permenant guest. He thought back to how he had got here. 

 

*flashback*

 

"Sunwoo I swear to god i am going to kick you out if you don't pay up" an angry voice resounded from inside the living room

"Jinyoung i told you i didn't gamble all the money away, it… err.. got stolen! yes stolen! by some youths!" Baro tried to explain, failing miserably to convince his landlord of his money troubles.

"Sunwoo when will you grow up and get a proper job!?" he shouted, losing his patience

"I AM GROWN UP OKAY I JUST DONT WANNA WORK IN A BORING OFFICE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE" he fiercely protested

"So you think that your cartoons will ever make you money? tch" Jinyoung scoffed, crossing his arms "Get out. Move your stuff by tomorrow because you are not living here anymore" he said sternly and walked out of the front door to his car, leaving Sunwoo in the entrance livid, that this guy just made him homeless.

Sunwoo stormed back up the stairs to pack his things, haphazardly grabbing clothes left right and centre, stuffing them without care into a suitcase he thought he would never use. He was only a week over his payment… of this months payment. He sighed, sinking to his knees. 

"Mum I'm sorry" he said softly to himself "I thought i could handle living alone but it seems like i am not as strong as i thought i was" he mused, bringing his phone out from his pocket. He thumbed over the glass screen, his aim to unlock it, but something stopped him. 

He could still get out of this. he figured one night on a bench couldn't be that hard? besides homeless people go through it all the time! Yes, he resolved, he was going to face this like a man. 

Sunwoo finished up packing and half carried, half dragged the suitcase down the stairs and stepped outside the threshold for what was probably the last time. Not like he was sad or anything. He hated that landlord. as he made his way to the gate, he spotted a small woman in her mid forties step out of the door of the next door neighbours house. 

He remembered, she had a son his age. they had met at a garden party, but had never really spoken much after that.

 

"Oh, Sunwoo right?" the lady smiled, catching Sunwoo off guard. He was so wrapped up in his own little world he didn't realise she was speaking to him. 

"a..a..ah yes!" Sunwoo snapped out of his temporary daze, and smiled in the direction of the woman. "Mrs Lee?" he called

"Yes I remember you from the barbecue" she said, meeting Sunwoo at the gate. "I'm glad I caught you actually, you see I just so happened to overhear your little predicament earlier and i may have a temporary solution for you" Mrs Lee explained.

"Go on" Sunwoo urged, now intrigued

"Well i am going on a short trip, for about a week or so to my sisters, and Junghwannie will be all alone, so you can use my room and keep him company at the same time!" she offered kindly

"if thats really okay?" Sunwoo questioned, very glad to take her up on her offer

"sure thing dear i am leaving soon, since i wanted to get away tonight. Junwhwan should already be asleep so try not to wake him up!" she warned him. 

"of course anything" he bowed, before going back into the house with Mrs Lee.

 

Mrs Lee led Sunwoo into the bedroom before giving him a brief overview of how things were run, and then was on her way. As soon as she had left, Sunwoo devised a plan. He would have some fun with Junghwan in the morning.