Encounter

Neighbours

Sandeul got up, brushing the messy bangs away from his forehead. yawning, he groggily sat up. He rubbed his eyes, taking in the fresh scent of the linen usually associated with hotels. It was almost the same, his mother babying him like he were a king. soon his nostrils caught a different scent. 

 

Hot bacon, sausage and egg sizzled downstairs in the pan. he slipped on pair of shorts and a loose t-shirt before shuffling downstairs, not even looking in the mirror. He met a very different scene that what he had imagined however. the closer he got to the kitchen the more alert he became. The originally heavenly scent turned sour, and the soft radio was now just a disjointed background noise as the clatter of pots and pans took forefront. He stopped, hearing a male cursing, wondering what sort of throat cold his mother had caught to make that kind of noise. 

 

A small peep round the door had him reeling back. heart quick and back pressed back flat against the wall behind the now slightly ajar door. it can't be. no. he took another cautionary peep and indeed saw the messy black hair, small, but toned body in him mothers apron, the familiar yet unknown stance in his kitchen. 

 

he decided to think things over before launching in there. His next-door neighbour. his handsome next-door neighbour was cooking breakfast, albeit very badly from what he experienced so far. realisation crossed his face, as he recalled his mother saying something about going on a short trip. why is this guy in the house, sandeul pondered. surely she didn't ask Sunwoo to make breakfast for him. He was 21 for goodness sake. infact he recalled Sunwoo was younger than him. his mother really was something. 

 

As quietly as he could, he tried to creep back up the stairs until he froze on the spot. he could feel eyes boring into his back.

 

"hey you're up" A voice that turned Sandeul into an ice block. "your mum asked me to cook breakfast but it didn't exactly work out" he explained, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head.

Sandeul turned, looking anywhere but Sunwoo's face. They had met only 3 times. no exaggeration. Sandeul had an office job during the day, and tutored in singing in the evenings, therefore he didn't get in till late. He still didn't know what Sunwoo did, but he only saw him on weekends, usually after wondering what was gong on at 3am. They only formally met at one of the mandatory 'neighbour gatherings' that Mr Green liked to hold once a year. They hit it off quite well, but of course after not speaking again, they drifted, and Sandeul felt uncomfortable because he had nothing to say. especially not this early in the morning. 

 

"wh… what are you doing here if you don't mind me asking?" sandeul asked nervously, twiddling his fingers and finding the floor suddenly interesting. 

 

"Just following you dear mothers orders" Sunwoo smirked, holding the pan of black mush formerly a fried egg in from of him "I know you can take care of yourself, but I couldn't turn down your mothers innocent face~" sunwoo teased, grinning when he saw that sandeul was less than impressed. 

"Now don't just stand there" Sunwoo was imitating Sandeul's mother "You have to get dressed then eat up this delicious breakfast so you can grow up to become big and strong"

Sandeul gave Sunwoo a murderous look before dragging himself back up the stairs, to his bedroom and plopping himself down on the soft mattress. 


A/n I hope you all like this!^^ Please comment and i will try to write the next chapter as soon as possible~ 

I know its a little wierd, but bear with!