♥ say hi

He's the new tenant?

02. aoa - moya 

a/n : jongdae's thoughts in green.


"Why am I here again?"

You sighed and looked around you. People were lined up in a orderly manner, queuing to get into the cinema. It had already been half an hour since you had started queuing. 

"Oh right.. because Ms. Han forced me to watch this stupid movie premiere called the Smurfs 2." you muttered to yourself. You took a step forward and handed the officer your ticket. "Please raise your hands. We have to check if you have brought anything illegal with you," the officer said. 

You mentally rolled your eyes and raised up your hands as they scanned your body. 'I feel violated.' 

When the officer was done scanning with the metal detector, she tore the top of your ticket before allowing you to go into the cinema. As it was a first come first serve basis, the top rows had already been filled. 

'Well, I don't have much of a choice now, do I?' you thought as you squeezed yourself through the sixth row from the front. 

"Now all I have to do, is sleep throughout the movie!" You smiled gleefully to yourself.

Movies weren't really your thing. When your friends asked you out on movie dates, you'd always come up with stupid excuses of not to go. You just couldn't bear the loud speakers around you and the super big screen which made your eyes burn. When you were forced to watch a movie, you would usually just sleep through it. 

After fifteen minutes, the hall was almost full. However even though it was almost full house, no one sat beside you. You started thinking if you were really scary or the seat was just invisible to everyone.

You shrugged it off as you thought that the seat had some odor you couldn't smell or there were pests underneath. 'Oh well.'

 

— ♥ — 

I was late. I'm always late. But today I couldn't have been late. It's the premiere. The premiere of smurfs. WHY.

It was already half past 4 and he was still stuck in the subway. The movie was going to start in 10 minutes time and it still took 20 minutes to reach the cinema. He bounced on the spot and breathed through his teeth. He knew that he should have left the building earlier, but one thing sure about him, he loved procrastinating. I could already hear the whole of Madison Square Garden cheering for me for the best late award. CLAP CLAP. 

--

The subway was crowded as usual as it was the peak hour. However, surprisingly it was more than any other peak hours. He could hardly breathe. High school girls tried going close to him by pretending to lose their balance and fall on him. He gave them an awkward smile and shifted away from them. This did not stop the high school girls to scoot closer to him. One even dared to wink at him. He shuddered and faked a cough. 

The girl giggled and whispered something to her friends. It obviously wasn't a whisper because he heard it loud and clear with his own ears. 

"I think he likes me." 

CAN I JUST VOMIT MY WHOLE HEART OUT NOW. 

He looked around uncomfortably, which made the random high school girl giggle again. This is what you get when you're squashed with immature high schoolers. Another round of applause please. 

--

By the time he reached the cinema, it was already 10 minutes to 5. When he entered the hall, it was already filled with many people. All of the top rows were filled and even the bottom rows were taken. He knew well that lady luck wasn't on his side that day. Holy cow. 

His eyes scanned the hall, trying to find a seat. It took a good long 5 minutes before he found an empty seat. Smack in the middle. Of the hall.

Yay. 

 

— ♥ — 

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Oops, sorry! Oh my, I'm so sorry!" 

The voice behind disturbed your sleep and you opened your eyes. 'Who the hell is disturbing my sleep.'

"Yes, uhm.. could you- thanks. Sorry! Excuse me!! Excuse, uhm, excu- OW!!!" 

You groaned and glanced back, finding the source of the loud voice. There was a man wearing a hooded jacket and he was approaching you, of course with a lot of trouble. The other people watching the movie were obviously disturbed by him as he blocked their view of the screen and also accidentally stepped on some of their feet.

He squeezed through the people in the same row as you and plumped himself on the seat beside you and he sighed. "Sorry," he quickly whispered. You glanced back at him and shrugged your shoulders. "I hope I didn't disturb too many people," he muttered to himself, but you managed to catch it. 

"Actually, you did." 

He looked at you, "Are you talking to me?" 

You chuckled, "Who else?" 

He grinned and turned his attention back to the screen. Weirdo. 

 

Your phone vibrated in your pocket and you pulled it out. You unlocked your screen and noticed that you received a message from Ms. Han. 

"How's the movie so far, sweetie?" 

You raised and eyebrow and bit your lip as you replied. 

"Awesome." 

 

"Are you a fan of smurfs?" his voice made you turn your attention. "Me?" 

He looked at you and smiled, "Who else?" he said while imitating you. 

Grease. "Actually, no." 

He widened his eyes, "You're not? Then why did you get these premiere tickets? You know how expensive they are? How did you get them in the first place?" 

Before you could open your mouth and answer his never ending questions, you were interrupted by a hush in front of you. "Oops," you muttered almost inaudibly. 

"We'll talk later."

-- 

Not even halfway through the movie and you were already in your deep slumber. You chewed and murmured inaudible words. 

"Ice drops.. melons.... oranges..." 

Meanwhile, the hooded boy was munching on his popcorn and laughed as a smurf shared a joke. 

He reached out his packet to you with his eyes glued to the screen, "You want one?" He was oblivious to the fact that you were actually sleeping. 

"Hey." He shook you with the popcorn packet without diverting his attention to you. When he heard no response, he looked at you and finally noticed that you had dozed off. He gazed at you for a little longer before shrugging his shoulders and diverting his attention back to the screen. Wasted money. 

 

— ♥ —

"Hey, miss?" You felt your shoulder being shaken as you stirred in your sleep. "Five more minutes, Jongin." 

The boy looked at  you questioningly. Who the hell is Jongin? 

He shook you once more. "Miss, the movie's over." 

You furrowed your eyebrows. What movie? I'm in my roo- oh wait. Your eyes snapped open and looked around. Nope, it wasn't your room. You looked at the boy and he flashed his teeth, "Movie's over and everyone has left the hall. We should go too." You nodded. 

You suddenly felt something wet and sticky at the corner of your lips. You touched the part and and realized that it was drool. You had been drooling while you were asleep. You widened you eyes. The horror. 

You rushed to the exit, leaving the boy dumbfounded. What...?

He shook his head, weird girl. 

He was about to walk down the stairs when he suddenly stepped on something soft. He looked down and lifted his foot, revealing  a baby blue pouch with a furry pink keychain.

He raised a brow. Wonder who this belongs to. He unlocked the screen and found the picture of you and the boys on the wallpaper. There was a pop up from Ms. Han.

It's the weird girl's phone. Should I chase after her? He looked around the cinema, then looked back to your lock screen. He smirked when he saw Ms. Han's name.

"Nahh.. I'll just wait for the time until we meet again."

 


the melon's note —
second update woohoo!! i bet you're already able to guess who the boy is bahahahaha :p sorry if there are any grammatical errors!! This chapter actually got inspired by my own experience haha. this actually happened to me :p except that the seat beside me stayed empty throughout the whole movie :( sad life HAHA.