♥ life

He's the new tenant?

01. nu'est - introduce me to your noona

n/a: your thoughts in blue. any other character's thoughts in brownish grey.


'"Mooo. Mooooooooo." 

You peeked through your blankets and groaned. 'What the heck is that. Can you shut up. It's the holidays.' 

"Moooooooo. Moooooooo." 

You grumbled under the sheets and reached for your cow alarm clock, before dropping it into a glass of water beside the bed. 'That'll teach you a lesson.' you humphed and went back to sleep. 

Not long after, there was a slam on your pink door which made you jump up from your bed. 'Who dares to interrupt my sleep!?' 

The door abruptly swung open and it revealed an obviously annoyed Kim Jongin. "Breakfast is ready," he muttered. You rolled your eyes before dropping back onto the bed. Jongin mumbled incoherent words before slapping her through the blankets. "Ms. Han is waiting. And we can't eat until you get out of your damn bed." 

'Impatient number three.'  You thought and faced the other side, covering her face with the blanket. 

"No." 

Jongin sighed and slapped your again. "You know that I have a date today and I can't be late so get your freaking off your bed now." She turned your head to him, "No, actually I didn't know." 

"Just get out of your bed."

"No."

Jongin frowned and crossed his arms.

'Fine. You want the hard way? I'll do the hard way, Yoo Daseul.'

Not more than a second later, you felt your ankles being violently pulled and you shrieked, taken aback. "WHAT THE HELL JONG! GO AWAY!!" 

"NOT UNTIL YOU GET OUT OF BED, YOO DASEUL." 

 

 

Meanwhile, Ms. Han and and Luhan were already having their breakfast at the dining table. They were listening to you and Jongin's daily bickering and laughed to themselves.

"They're always so noisy in the morning," Ms. Han said, which made Luhan chuckle. "I don't think anything's gonna change between them." Ms. Han giggled and nodded, agreeing with Luhan's statement.

After a good ten minutes, Jongin had finally managed to drag you out of your room (literally). "Why must this happen every morning?" 

"It wouldn't happen if not for that stubborn head of yours." He flicked your forehead — HARD. 

"OW!! KIM JONGIN! It also wouldn't happen if not for your stupid violence of yours!!" You slapped his arms. You and Jongin started slapping each other everywhere until Luhan had to step in to stop the fight, "Okay. Enough you too. You guys are being immature again." 

You humphed and crossed your arms, "says the one who does aegyo to get what he wants from his dongsaeng." You darted your eyes to Luhan, who widened his eyes, "me!?" 

"Who else?" Jongin snickered at high-fived with you. Luhan flushed and opened his mouth to protest, but was interrupted by Ms. Han. "Okay, that's enough, kids." 

The three of you scoffed at the word 'kids'. 

"We're not kids. We're-" 

"Adults. I know. But you sure act like small little children." 

The three of you lowered your heads. Jongin hit your head while you made your comeback by spanking his . 

"See what I mean?" Ms. Han raised an eyebrow at both of you. Both of you looked everywhere but her, pretending that nothing happened. You then heard her sigh, "It's pointless anyway. So.. what are your activities for today?" 

"Date." 

"Dance."

"TV." 

The three of you said at the same time. Because Ms. Han didn't catch anything you three said, she shrugged it off. "I'll be going off to work so as usual, keep the house clean. Make sure there are no cat prints on the floor. Bingeul loves to walk around with dirty paws." 

Yeap, Bingeul. That was their cat's name. 

"Can we eat now?" You asked.

 

— ♥ —

You shut the door of your room and slumped onto your bed after breakfast, feeling as lazy as ever.

'Boring day once again.' You rolled onto your back and stared at the mint ceiling. Your phone vibrated as it threatened to fall off your desk. You caught it and flipped it open, revealing a message from your best friend, Jiseuk. 

"Wanna hang out today? (:" 

You grumbled again. "We went out yesterday, and the day before, the day before that, and the day-" You stopped yourself and shook your head. 

You replied her message with a "no thanks", giving an excuse that you were going out with the boys. 

However, you knew that you would never go out with that annoying Jongin. You didn't mind Luhan, but Kai was too much to handle. 

'Sometimes I wonder how he gets dates every week.' He was a free man and he preferred going on dates with random girls, which completely disgusted you. 'Play boy.' 

Your eyes shifted to the picture frames beside your window and softened.

'Then again, I wouldn't know what my life would be like if not for the boys and Ms. Han.'

The corners of your lips curled upwars as you reached for the picture frame with a picture of you and the boys with Ms. Han in Jeju Island which was taken the year before. Luhan had his arm around your shoulder and his other hand was placed on top of Kai's head. Ms. Han was clinging onto Kai's arm. 

You smiled as memories flushed into your mind. 

 

You were only 13 when you moved in with Ms. Han. Your parents had sent you to her since they were her good friends. Your parents sold off your house for plane tickets and wanted you to come with them to New York, however you bravely declined and told them that you would want to try living on your own, despite your young age.

'I was really stupid back then, thinking that I could live my life on my own. ' You thought and laughed to yourself. 

Of course, your parents disagreed to this. It took much persuation until your parents finally respected your decision. However, instead of living on your own, they decided that you'd live with Ms. Han, their good friend. Ms. Han was single, and she had a big, I mean BIG house. She only had a cat and two dogs, which surprisingly do not fight with each other. She had maids too, of course. However she wasn't like Cinderella's stepmother and told them to make her house as theirs too. 

You felt guilty living in her house and told her that when you turned 15, you would start paying for the room. So you started saving up money and when you finally turned 15 you started paying for your room.

In the same year, Luhan had moved in to the room opposite yours. At first, you thought that he was younger than you because he had an adorable baby face, but you had the shock of your life when he told you that he was 2 years older than you.

A year later, Kai moved in to the room beside Luhan's. Ever since he moved in, he annoyed you from day to night with his sarcasm and attitude. But you had also discovered his weak and soft points too, which was good and you used to for your advantage. 

You, Kai and Luhan have now been friends for a year and it has been a blast. They have brought colour to your dull life. 'I wonder if there will be anyone adding a neon to my life?' You giggled at your silly rhetorical quesition.

 

Your thoughts were interrupted when your phone started ringing. 

"Click click~ Bang bang~ we just sing it like click click~ bang bang~" 

You looked at the caller ID and frowned. Ms. Han was probably too lazy to climb up the stairs to knock on your door that she just decided to phone you, despite the fact that you were both in the same house at the moment.

You picked up the phone, "Yes Ms. Han?" 

"Are you free today, my dear?" 

"No, I'm very busy today. So busy that I'm even lying on my bed." You said sarcastically and smiled. 

"Well, my dear, care to spare two hours and have a little fun by watching a movie premiere?" 

You raised an eyebrow, 'What?' 

 

 


the melon's note —
HELLO SO HOW WAS THE FIRST CHAPTER? 
I know it's ish but oh wells. There's more to come (: I really hope to finish this fanfic as I have already planned this properly and hope that it will end nicely hahaha. Sorry for any grammar mistakes because I'm not really a fan of english. Comment on how you think of it, okay? HAHA.