The man I love

Why did I fall in love with you?

 

“Jongin , why have you turned out this way?” I said to myself sorrowfully .But I already knew the answer…. it was because of her .Today was the day of her wedding. The day that his one and only love exchanged “I do’s” with a man that wasn’t him. It was her wedding. It was Krystal’s wedding.

                                                                                         *Flashback*

It was a Saturday morning; I was planning to head out and go back to art school to finish my artwork since it was almost due. When I heard the phone ringing.

RIIIINNGGG! RINNGGG!

“Hello?” I said lazily

“______!!!!I have some BIG news! It really important so come here at the Exotica Coffee shop right now! Krystal exclaimed eagerly.

“But I…”before I could argue Krystal already hanged up the phone.

I sighed and wondered what the reason was. But I quickly took a bath anyway, then picked a cute outfit and put some light make-up on before heading out.

When I entered the coffee shop I immediately saw two familiar figures laughing happily without a care in the world. As I approached them I tried my best to put on a smile even though it was a fake one trying my best to hide my jealousy.

“Oh _____ is here!” Jongin waved at me cutely in his cheery self again.

Krystal looks to my direction and quickly stood up from where she was sitting and skips like a child towards me then drags me to a seat next to Jongin.

“Hey guys~ So what’s the big news you were talking about? "  I said impatiently. “Krystal, this better be good or else I don’t know what I might do to you.” I exclaimed sounding slight angry with ahint of playfulness.

“Well…”Krystal started.

“I’m getting married!!! ”She squealed filled with spark in her eyes.

Both Jongin and I remained quiet. I was completely shocked by what Krystal had said. After all the years we’ve been together I’ve always thought she would end up marrying Jongin. I looked at Jongin; curious to see what how he’s taking all this in. He was sat  still like a statue, looking in to space. He was hurt.

I bet he wanted to ask if  Krystal was only kidding or not. But I sensed that he was scared of the answer. Seeing from the contentment plastered on Krystal’s face it was obvious that it was indeed true.

 "Well...?Guys?Hello?You still there?" Krystal said waving both hands in front of our faces, clearly oblivious to what Jonging was feeling.

"Congrats! " I said trying to sound cheerful but actually very concerned about Jongin.

"Conra...Congratulations!" Jongin stuttered as Krystal hands each of us a lovely peach invitation.

 '"You have to be there” Krystal smiled, her beautiful eyes curving into lovely crescent moons. “Both of you” she says as she turned to me. Jongin nodded and just looks down, clearly looking defeated.

Krystal stayed there, drank a few lattes and chatted with us for about an hour talking about how great his fiancée was and how great the wedding will be. But I wasn’t really paying attention and neither was he. When Krystal left, Jongin’s face had already become pale.

"Why?" He asks desperately, staring at the half empty cup she left behind.

                                                                 * End of Flashback*

 “Jongin, why have you turned out this way?” I said to myself sorrowfully .But I already knew the answer…. it was because of her. Krystal.

Then I heard him say,

"Why…" He asks, staring at the empty beer bottle.

"Krystal…why did I fall I love with you?"

If only it was me who he fell in love with, he wouldn't have to suffer like this. I wish I can lessen the pain  he's feeling right now, because it breaks my heart to see him like this. If there was anything I could do to make him happy I would do it straight away. Because he was Jongin. Jongin, the man I love with all my heart. 

I sighed approaching him to help him up.

“Jongin, it’s time to go home” was all I said.