[Special Chapter] Chanyeol & Chae Ri

It Should Have Been this Way (Spin-Off to Remember the first time?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FvZaaLKSI

a special chapter requested by @ptite-Shawol & @LightofLife.

small little note; i don't usually write stories like this, but what hell, it's worth a shot

---

Many years later, Chae Ri is now 18. 

Chae Ri POV

"Mom, I'm heading out!" I told my mom, who was busy sharing a slice of cake with dad. 

"Are you taking my car, today?" My dad asked while off frosting from his fork. 

"Nah dad, I'll use my car" I said while grabbing my keys, "I'm leaving now!" 

"Bye honey, put that jacket of yours on, it's cold!" I heard mom say as I closed the front door shut. I shrugged, as I entered my car and put the keys into the ignition.

To college. Ugh, school. 

I graduated not to long ago but now I go to college that I got into because of my scholarship. I would go to a university in some other place but it's okay, Korea seems nice.

 

At school. 

Class is killing me! Writing workshop, why did I take this course again?

"Ahem. I'm going to say it again, the assignment I want you all to do is actually quite simple. All you have to do is copy down the prompt on the board. Must be five pages long, about 2,000 words minimum, typed," my professor explained.

I read the board that had the prompt: Write about someone you find interesting or you look up to. Someone you find admirable that you want to share. 

Wow, seems easy enough. I wrote it down on my one of my clean note book page then put it away. "When you get that all down, you may leave," he waved off. 

Yes! Finally! I placed all of my things in my bag and dashed out of the room. 

Time to go home now~ Thank goodness that was the last class. 

 

I was having a hard time with my assignment for writing workshop. I would write about my mom but I think people in my class would write about that. Talk about mainstream. 

I would write about my dad, but he will just talk about his teenage life about how he met mom or something about this gang he had called...something top. I don't know, I forgot. 

I groaned as I threw a crumpled paper into the trash, I thought this would be easy! I grabbed onto my phone and texted my friend who was also in my class. 

'Hey, who are you writing about?' 

She replied, 'My mom, why? Are you stuck?'

Ha, see, her mom, totally mainstream. I bet everyone is writing about their moms' or something.

'Yeah, got any ideas?' 

She texted back, 'Hm, mom, dad? Possibly a boyfriend?' 

'I don't have a boyfriend, and no, not my mom or dad, I want to write something different.'

'Sorry Chae, got to go, I have somewhere to go.' 

I turned my phone off. "Well thanks for nothing," I muttered. I thought back to what she said, "Boyfriend?! Is she crazy, I do not have a boyfriend and she knows that!" 

I stopped talking to myself when my dad knocked on my door and peeked his head in. "Uh...Chae Ri darling?" 

"Yeah dad?" I replied, spinning my chair to him. 

"Are you alright? From downstairs, your mom and I could hear you talking to yourself..."

I leaned back, "Oh really? Sorry...I actually need some help dad."

My dad walked up to my desk, "Sure, what do you need?"

"I need to write about someone, but I don't know who," I said with a sad smile. I noticed the happy gleam on my dad's face, "Sorry dad, I'm not writing about you or mom." 

"Why? I'm awesome," My dad gasped. 

I chuckled, "It's probably common, I want to do something different from the rest, ya' know?"

He nodded, understanding, "Ah, I see..." 

"So do you know who I could write about?"

My dad bit his lip and tapped onto his chin, "Why won't you write about your uncle Chanyeol?" he suggested.

"Who is uncle Chanyeol?" I asked, "You told me about uncle Ricky and uncle Changjo, who is uncle Chanyeol?"

My dad gasped and called my mom. She ran up and joined in, "Chae Ri doesn't remember Chanyeol," my dad said to my mom. My mom gasped. 

"Are you joking with us dear?" She said. 

I shook my head, "Is he someone important?" 

"Yes! You used to love uncle Chanyeol, you forgot him already?" 

"I did?" I asked, befuddled.

My parents nodded, "Yeah, every

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter