Epilogue

Champion

 

Lu Han ran inside the arena’s hallway.

He had searched everywhere for a certain boy he had to meet right at this moment. After 10 good minutes of searching, he heard a sound of wheelchair rolling its wheels near him. He stopped his tracks and found the boy he was looking for, sitting on a wheelchair, wearing a proud smile on his face, biting his lower lip, preventing him from breaking into tears of happiness.

Lu Han was tired, really, really tired. But his happiness was dominantly overpowering his body. He was happy, content, blissful, you name it. Why?

Because he finally became the man of his dreams. He had reached the highest point of his journey as a runner. A gold medal hanging on his neck is the absolute prove.

And of course, he had some people to thank.

Lu Han already expressed his huge gratitude towards his trainers, his parents, his friends, and all of his supporters through his winning speech after the minister of youth and sports had draped the gold medal on his neck with his limited english.

After some champion photoshoots with his runner up and the third place, Lu Han went straight to find Sehun.

 

Sehun was about to say something when Lu Han suddenly went behind his wheelchair and gripped the holder. Sehun blinked.

Lu Han glanced at Sehun’s mother, “Can I?” he asked.

Mrs. Oh wiped some tears from hey eyes before nodding and sending him an approving smile.

“Alright, Sehun. It’s your time to shine.”Lu Han beamed.

Sehun turned his head on Lu Han and blinked once again, “What—OOF!”

Sehun stumbled backwards when Lu Han pushed his wheelchair in speed. Sehun widened his eyes when Lu Han was pushing towards the arena, “What are you doing?! Stop!” Sehun panickingly screamed.

Lu Han disobeyed his order and kept on pushing his wheelchair, “I’m going make the world see who’s the person behind my achievement.”

Sehun yelled, “Don’t! It’s embarassing! Come on Lu Han please! Stop! Uhh... I... I’ll buy you ice cream!”

Lu Han stopped pushing his wheelchair, “Ice cream?”

Sehun sighed in relieve, “Y-yes, ice cream. Bubble tea. Whatever you want. Just don’t—AAAH!”

Sehun screamed again when Lu Han started pushing his wheelchair out of the hallway. Sun’s light shone on both of them. The cameramen who were resting their cameras, filming the champion and an unknown boy in a wheelchair coming out from the hallway. The audiences who were going to stand and leave the arena, sat back down on their seats.

Sehun looked up at the large screen above the audiences and saw his own close-up face, he widened his eyes and bent down, covering his face. Lu Han rolled his eyes, “Get up, you brat. Let the world see you.”

Sehun stayed still, his face was red as a tomato. Lu Han exhaled and went in front of him. He kneeled down, “Sehun.”

“I don’t want to be the center of attention.” He mumbled behind his hands.

Lu Han sighed, “Sehun. Look at me.” He ordered. Sehun slowly removed his hands from his face and faced Lu Han.

“Do you know why I did this?” Lu Han asked. Sehun shook his head. “I want to thank you. For saving me in the elimination round. For being my friend. For everything you’ve taught me.”

Sehun stared at him as he placed his gold medal around his neck. Lu Han kneeled down in front of him again, “The most important thing I learnt from you is that it’s not a medal,” Lu Han took the round gold steel in front of Sehun’s chest and lifted in in front of his face. “Or a trophy, or money prizes, that made someone a champion.”

Lu Han stood up, “It’s the hardwork, determination, prayers, supports from people, and of course, a never-give-up fundamental that made someone a champion.”

Sehun drifted his eyes to the orange field with the running lines. Oh how he wanted to run again.

“And as I was thinking, the person that I described as a champion, suited you the most.” Lu Han went back to his wheelchair. The cameras were still filming, the large screen was still showing the champion and the boy in the wheel chair, and the audiences were still watching.

“Hey, isn’t he the boy that saved Lu Han in the elimination round?”

“I think so.”

“What’s his name again?”

“Did they become friends?”

Murmurings of koreans who watched the elimination round were heard around the arena. The audiences were talking about the newest center of the attention, the champion and the boy in a wheelchair.

 

“You’re a true champion, Sehun.” Lu Han stated as he started to push his wheelchair towards the starting line.

Sehun smiled. He wanted to cry in happiness but he held it because well, his face was on a large screen, and he was a man after all.

“And a champion will never end the race before reaching the finish line.” Lu Han repeated his famous line. He stopped pushing the wheelchair when he and Sehun had arrived at the starting line, “You’re already a champion, but I’m going to make you a champion in a formal way, just as I said, you have to reach the finish line before you become a running champion.”

Sehun shrugged and smiled, “Then let’s do it.”

 

They made their ways towards the finish line. And they are both now, officially a champion.

 

The End

 

 

A/N: Waaaaah! I finished my first hunhan shortfic!

Please tell me what you think in the comment box below!

Thank you all for supporting and see you in my other stories!