Chapter 1 - Before I Leave You Forever

[OneShot] Before I Leave You Forever

==Key’s pov==

“Annyeong haseyo, joneun Lee Sohyun imnida. Nice to meet you.” A new yeoja in our class introduced herself. Her face was beautiful and sweet. Her eyes were not narrow and her skin was not white. I started to be attracted to her.

“Kibum, what are you daydreaming about? Just because there is a pretty yeoja, you become like this.” Dongwoon interrupted my thoughts.

“Ya!!! What do you mean? I don’t like her; I just met this Indonesian girl for the first time.” I explained to Dongwoon. But this yeoja was truly pretty. Her long hair, hollow cheeks and eye smile made her even more attractive.

“Soohyun, please take a seat beside Kay.” Kang seongsanim asked her to sit by me. I was shocked half to death, “Kang seongsanim, why don’t you ask her to sit with the other female students, why with me?” I protested to Kang seongsanim.

“Gwenchana Kang seongsanim, if he doesn’t want to sit beside me, I can take the seat at the far back. Finally, that yeoja did not sit beside me. But I did not feel good so I asked her to sit beside me.

==END of Key’s POV==

==Soohyun’s pov==


“Why is he so mean? Whatever.” I walked towards the seat at the back and all of a sudden someone pulled my hand.

“Yaa Soohyun, come and sit with me. I don’t have the heart to see a girl sitting alone, even more sitting at the back.” Omo, I was convinced that voice belonged to the guy who did not want to sit with me. I turned to face him.

“Ne?” I asked him. “Here here, sit with me.” He replied with excitedly. 

“Mwo?” I asked, puzzled. Just now, that guy refused to allow me to sit with him so why is he inviting me to sit beside him now? He was so weird. “If you don’t want to, it’s okay.” Key interrupted my thoughts of thinking about him being “weird”.

“Ne, I want to sit with you.” At last, I sat with him and we started to become friends, very close friends. Every day, Key would always be with me. It had become a norm.

Moments passed and umma asked me to Indonesia to visit my grandmother who was gravely ill. She was already in a coma for four days.

||FLASHBACK END||
 

==Soohyun’s POV==

||FLASHBACK||


I was in a very dark place, oh where am I? Am I still in this in this world? The last thing I heard just now was the sound of an aeroplane exploding and people screaming. After that, I woke up here, in this dark space.

Oh God, I do not want to die yet. I have not met Key Oppa. How is he now? Please give me the last chance to see him again. Suddenly, a blinding white light appeared.

That was haelmoni, “Haelmoni, is that you?” I asked to make sure that that person was really her.

“Ne Soohyun, this is haelmoni. Soohyun, your time in this world is up. You must now follow me. Come.” Haelmoni offered her hand to me.

“Andwae!! I have to meet Key first, no matter what. Give me 30 minutes, please.” I begged haelmoni.

Haelmoni smiled. “Ne Soohyun, I will grant you 30 minutes and after that, you have to follow me. Come over to the other side.” Haelmoni explained while smiling and I could only return her the smile. All of a sudden, there was a light and it brought me to a familiar place. This was Key’s house and I quickly ran towards my boyfriend.

||FLASHBACK END||

“Keeeeeeey oppaaaaaaa, bogoshippo-yoo.” I yell while running towards Key, acting as if nothing had happened. I flash my brightest smile. A smile as if it is the first time I met him.

““My Soo~ You’re already back? Aaaa jongmal bogoshippo-yo Soo~” I immediately hug him. “Ya! Why didn’t you ask me to fetch you? What? Do you have another boyfriend to fetch you?” He asks while pout his lips which makes me laugh. Oh God, I am leaving him in a few minutes. Give me the strength to explain everything to him. Key, mianhae, jongmal mianhae.

“Anni, how can I even cheat from my one and only boyfriend.” I answer and flash a big smile, showing off my teeth.

“Err... How is Indonesia and your grandmother? Has she recovered?” His question reminds me of haelmoni. I look at the watch which is perfectly wrapped around Key’s wrist. Oh no, I am left with only 20 minutes. “Come on, Soohyun. You can do this.” I thought, trying my hardest to urge myself on who is not ready to leave my angel who is now in front of me.

“God, when I am no longer in this world, please send this man someone who is capable of taking care of him and love him with all her heart.” I say in my heart.

“Oppa, my grandmother is resting in peace in heaven and maybe I will join her, I don’t…”

“Ya! What did you say? We have to get married first and have children. And if it’s possible, I have to be a grandfather.” He abruptly interrupts me. But Key’s words just break my heart even more. I cannot hold on to my tears and in the end, I start to cry.

“Soohyun, gwenchana-yo? Waeyo? Did I say something wrong? Mianhae.”
“Anni, I just feel so happy to imagine how our future will be like together.” I reply with a forced smile.

“Oppa, when I am no longer beside you, promise me that you will always be the Key oppa who is cheerful, who is able to make everyone happy with his laughter, the Key who makes lockets jealous, the Key who stuns everyone with his smile, the Key who can always be relied upon to help solve problems of people around him, the Key who is captious, the Key who is like an umma. I hope all of these will not change once I am gone. But remember, I will always be in your heart. Please remember that, oppa. Saranghae, jeongmal saranghae.” My tears start to roll down my cheeks and I know I am not brave enough to look him in the eye.

“Soo…”
“Please just promise me. I don’t have much time left.” I utter, cutting him short.
“Mwo?” What do you mean?” he asks with a confused look on his face.

“Just promise me, okay oppa?” I order with my angelic smile.
He nods and embraces me. “This may be the last hug that I can ever feel” I thought, not realizing that my tears were damping Key’s shirt and that my time is nearly up.

“Thank you, oppa. I love you no matter what happens. I’ll love you forever.” I confess with an unstable voice because of my crying.“I love you too.” He replies while tightening the hug we share.

“Oh no. My time will be up in 5 minutes.” I speak in my heart.

Suddenly, Onew oppa calls out from the room. “KEY!!!! HURRY COME IN!! THERE’S IMPORTANT NEWS!!” 

“Oh, maybe that news is about the plane. Good then, I don’t have to explain to him anything.” I whisper.

“Onew oppa, you’re my guardian angel. Taemin, you’re my little angel. Minho, my hero. Jonghyun, my mood booster. I’ll miss you all. Please take care to Key. Thank you for making my life better. I apologise if for all these time, I was an inconvenience to all of you.”

“Go on in. I will wait for you here. Ppalli, Onew oppa is waiting for you. Go before he shouts and hurt our ears.” I joke for the final time and he walks towards the room.

“Ne, wait here and don’t go anywhere, my baby. Or do you want to come in too?” Key asks. Oh, of course I cannot not go in.
“Ah, I will just wait here. Palli, Onew oppa is waiting.” I push him gently so that he will not take it the wrong way.

“Ah ara. I go in first. Jankaman-yo, it’ll only take a while.” He kisses my forehead before entering the room. I watch him walk into the room, following his back until it completely disappears.

“Goodbye Key, my lovely boy. Find someone who can take my place beside you. Saranghae.”

“Haelmoni, I am ready now.” I say while crying and the light I saw just now appeared again. Haelmoni is there, smiling calmly.
“Come, Soohyun. Come here.” Haelmoni invites me while offering her hand to me. I take it and go into the light with her.

==END Soohyun’s POV==

==Key’s POV==

*In the dorm room*

“Yes, what is it, Onew hyung?” I lazily ask but Jonghyun hyung, Minho and Taemin look sad. Taemin is in the verge of crying. I am confused, really confused.
“Ya, Onew hyung. What is this? Why are all of them like this when they see me?” Onew just points to the television that is broadcasting the news.

“The aeroplane that was supposed to arrive in Seoul from Indonesia fell apart around the Malacca water and exploded. It was reported that all the passengers are dead.”

These are the names of the passengers along with their photos:

1. Im Jun Ho
2. Kim Ki Seop
3. Lee Min Jung
4. Lee Soohyun

………………..

I am immediately shocked and confused. My legs are jelly. I was just talking to Soohyun. My tears start to fall. What kind of dream was this?! The news cannot be true when I just had a conversation with her.

“But I just talked to Soohyun in the living room, hyung. This can’t be.” I say, trying to convince them that the Soohyun who passed away is not the Soohyun that I love. But they look at me with a confused expression. “If you don’t believe me, follow me into the living room.”

Onew hyung looks at me and say, “Key, wake up. That was just hallucination.”
“Onew hyung,Jonghyun hyung, Minho, Taeminnie, if you still don’t believe me, follow me to where Soohyun is.” At last, the four of them follow me out.

*In the living room*

“Where is Soohyun? She was just here. She was the one who asked me to go into the room. It can’t be that she vanished just like that.” I ask in frustration. At that moment, I am devastated. Suddenly, I feel as if my bones were just hit by a truck. I become week and fall to the floor and I find a letter.

For my lovely Key,

Goodbye Key, my lovely boy. Find someone who can take my place beside you. 
Saranghae.

From Soohyun, the cute girl. ^^


That means I was not dreaming when I was with her just now. I give the letter to Onew hyung. They read it and Onew say, “Be patient, Key. I am sure she is resting in peace in heaven.” All of them cry along with me. 

“Soohyun, why must you leave me this fast? I still want to spend the rest of my life with you.” I say in my heart.
“God, please wake me up. I know that I am in a nightmare. Please wake me up.” I continue.

“Key, come on. Don’t be like this. Soohyun must already be in peace there.” Minho tries to calm me down.
“But Minho, must she leave me that way? And I don’t even know where her tomb is. After she left for a year, I finally get to see her and it was only for 30 minutes, do you know?!! And now I lost her forever, Minho. FOREVER!!!” Minho keeps mum and we return to our room with my weak body that is hugged by Jonghyun and Minho.

|| 1 YEAR LATER||

Soohyun, the cheerful and pampered girl who filled up my everyday for 8 years, is no longer with me. I have learnt to accept her death and I have always remembered her last words before she left me.

“When I am no longer beside you, promise me that you will always be the Key oppa who is cheerful, who is able to make everyone happy with his laughter, the Key who makes lockets jealous, the Key who stuns everyone with his smile, the Key who can always be relied upon to help solve problems of people around him, the Key who is captious, the Key who is like an umma. I hope all of these will not change once I am gone. But remember, I will always be in your heart. Please remember that, oppa. Saranghae, jeongmal saranghae.”

“Hey Key, let’s start our practice. What are you daydreaming about? Onew hyung asks, interrupting all of my thoughts about Soohyun.
“Ah, anni. I am just sleepy and bored here.” I lie to him. Sorry, Onew hyung. I have to lie to you because I do not want you to be upset. Let me be the one who feels it.

“Oh, if that’s the case, let’s go out and buy drinks.” Onew hyung suggests.
“Go on first, hyung. I will catch up with you.” I answer, still wanting to reminisce about Soohyun. All of a sudden, a white light is in front of me. When I look, I see Soohyun.

“Soo…” I say softly. “Oh God, is that you? I miss you so much, Soo.” I run towards her and hug her.
“Key oppa, I don’t want to see you sad again. Look to your future. I will always be in your heart. Remember that. You don’t want to see me sad, do you? Key oppa, mianhae. I have to go now.” She says as she let go of the embrace.

“Soohyun, you will always be in my heart and I will never forget you. Saranghae, jeongmal saranghae.” I say and the light in front of me disappears.
“Soohyun, remember my promise to you. I will live my life to its fullest and not be a burden to anyone else again.” I mumble to myself and run to catch up with Onew hyung.

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************

Do you like it? :/

Ah I hope you like it. This is my first fanfic, so I'm sorry if my fanfic is so bad. :|

I want to say thanks to my dearest friend Massy.

Please comment. Thank you<3