04.

The Anomaly: Wolf [HIATUS]

    As the second hand ticked closer to the twelve, the students practically bored holes into the clock, much to Boram's amusement. So when the bell rung in the middle of the teacher's lesson to signal the end of the day, the students, who already packed up beforehand, swarmed out the door. Boram was left in her seat as she finished zipping up her backpack, ready to leave as well. Luhan, who stuck by her side, grinned at her figure and decided to ask her if she wanted to--

    "Sehun!" Boram shouted, startling Luhan. He dumbfoundedly watched her get up from her seat and shuffle towards the door to a figure who looked equally as surprised to see her there. 

    "Boram!" he cried, as she jumped and headlocked him, leaving Sehun in an awkward position due to their height difference. Luhan watched with a small smile on his face. He couldn't help but adore her every actions. Was he feeling like this merely because she was his mate? No, she was more than that. He wished she was more than the title of his mate. But as Luhan watched Boram being affectionate with another boy, he grew confused. Why was she not returning his feelings? This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

    "Okay, okay. I get that you're happy to see me, now can you- let- go?" Sehun pried off her arms, rubbing his neck. "You're still as strong as ever, huh?" he laughed. This time, he slung his arm over her shoulders before leading her towards the front of the school, leaving a particular confused boy in the dust. 

    "Why didn't you come see me during school today? and yesterday? and the day before yesterday?" Boram asked.

    "Because I forgot about you." Sehun answered with a straight face.

    "You little--" 

    "Okay, okay! I was busy the first two days and today, I tried looking for you but I couldn't find you. There was an awful lot of girls around your class today." Sehun quizically stared at her.

    "Oh. That. Apparently, they're all fangirls of the M boys and of course they'd be in my class because well, you know how Father is. But I don't get it. They're not good-looking." she laughed. "Are they good-looking?"

    "Nah, not as much as me." Sehun smirked, earning a glare from Boram.

    "Oh, please." she watched as a pebble rolled down the school yard. "Speaking of which, where are those boys? They should be here by now, shouldn't they?"

    "Really?" Sehun looked around. "I think I did see them going into the main office earlier. Maybe something came up." 
    
    As if on cue, Boram's phone beeped.

    "Ah, there you go. It's probably the M boys," Sehun pointed. Boram stopped to check her phone to find a new message from Kris. "What does it say?"

    "Not much. Kris just said that something came up. He wants me to wait inside the classroom until he finishes." Boram muttered, walking past Sehun.

    "The school is that way though." 

    "I just texted him saying that I'm with you. I'm sure he won't mind." Boram slowed her pace until Sehun caught up.

    "Are you sure? You won't get in trouble? To be honest, Kris sometimes scares me. His eyebrows," Sehun shivered, "and when he glares at you--"

    "You know, I've never really gotten in trouble all my life. I think, sometimes, it might feel nice to get in trouble," she smiled, "Knowing that the reason behind it is because you did something that you truly wanted to do, instead of what others want you to do. Don't you think so?" 

    Sehun just looked at her, smiling sadly. 

 


    When the two finally neared their neighborhood, the rich part of the city, she could feel heads turning to look at them, and the silence seemed to gnaw on the hems of Boram's skirt. They weren't smiling, she noticed.

    Could they not smile? Or did they just choose not to?

    Sehun seemed to notice the uncomfortable aura as well because his pace quickened. For once, Boram felt powerless in this place that she now had to call home. Determned to keep her posture, she straightened her back and set her lips in a firm line, only gazing ahead towards the day she would one day lead these people. Perhaps she would be able to bring a smile to their faces.

    Finally, Boram's house came into view and she let out the breath she hadn't realized she had been holding. What was it about this place that made her act so? That made Sehun act so? Boram shuddered. She hoped she would get used to it soon.

    "Thanks for walking me home," Boram weakly chuckled, rocking on the tips of her heels.

    "I wasn't walking you home. You're the one that followed me home." Sehun smirked, pointing to his own home a minute away from hers.

    "Whatever. Let's see if I ever thank you again." Sehun only turned around in response, starting on his walk home.

    "Bye, Ugly!" Before she was just about to head in, Sehun turned around to wave and for a moment, Boram had to blink from the flash of light reflected from what seemed to be a dangling object around his neck. Rubbing her eyes from the glare, she opened them just in time to see Sehun's door closing behind him.