Creep

Flower Boy Next Door
Youngjae slammed his head on his desk. The memory of last night’s events couldn’t leave his head. He could still feel the stranger’s glare on the back of his head when the man wasn’t even around. Youngjae had pinned his curtains shut and he didn’t have the guts to look out. 
 
 
He’d even missed his eye-candy’s daily routine. 
 
 
Youngjae sighed as his eyes scanned the text. He tapped the red gel pen in his hand against his upper lip as he tried to process the words printed on the paper. His senior at the office always gave him the boring jobs. 
 
 
He was forced to edit useless interviews with travelers about historic landmarks he really didn’t care about and the like. 
 
 
Youngjae would’ve preferred something with more substance. An auto-biography for someone, perhaps? Youngjae made a note to inquire about it the next time his senior called.
 
 
Youngjae managed to finish editing a whole page about a fish market in Japan before he finally called it a day. He fell back against his sleeping bag and fished out his hot water bottle from his throw, pressing the plastic against his cheek. 
 
 
His eyes flitted to the window and he felt a sudden urge to just check up on the house opposite. 
 
 
He tried to fight his mind and forced his limbs down. Youngjae soon found himself standing in front of his window with his hands itching to remove the pin he’d stuck into the curtain. 
 
 
He looked out of the window through a small crack between the curtains but he couldn’t see a thing. 
 
 
He groaned and followed his evil mind’s words. He unclasped the pin and let the curtains fall open. 
 
 
Youngjae looked at the apartment across and his eyes widened when he saw a pieces of paper strung from one end to the other with the words ‘I’m still watching you’ written in red. 
 
 
“That dude is never going to let it go now is he?”
 
 
Youngjae huffed and pinned the curtains back. Maybe the stranger would forget about the incident if he did that.
 
 
 
 
〆(・∀・@)
 
 
 
Daehyun pouted as the managers and staff discussed his schedule while he was in Korea, not even letting him give his input. He was the one doing the activities yet he wasn’t allowed to plan with them.
 
 
“Well then, that’s settled. We’ll meet you again when the book is published.”
 
 
“Wait, what book?”
 
 
“Weren’t you listening Mr Jung? We’ve thought about what we could do to commemorate your 5 year anniversary and we thought it was appropriate for you to release an auto-biography. “
 
 
“What if I don’t want to release an auto-biography? I want to do something more fun and less time consuming.”
 
 
“All you have to do is write a draft on the basics about yourself, your dreams and your childhood. Stuff along that line. It takes a week at most. We’ve got the transcripts from your past lectures and interviews so all we need is an editor who is willing to work with you but that’s already settled. One of the senior editors called in and told us that her junior was interested in working with auto-biographies.”
 
 
“I’m not even allowed to pick an editor? What if I can’t work this man or whatever?”
 
 
“We’ll just have to make do then, Mr Jung.”
 
 
Daehyun scowled at the catty woman who was sending him a smirk. She knew she’d won. Daehyun was about to launch into another attack but he was soon pushed out of the room by his manager. 
 
 
“Hyung, can I leave now? I was promised a break when I came to Korea, not work.”
 
 
“I’m sorry Daehyun but we’ve got to meet the editor in charge of your book.”
 
 
“But hyung-”
 
 
“Enough, Jung Daehyun. We’ll let you have some time to roam around when we’re done with all your schedules.”
 
 
 
 
〆(・∀・@)
 
 
 
“What?!”
 
 
“I’m sorry Youngjae but they really wanted you to meet the guy you’re doing the book for.”
 
 
“Miss Kim, we promised that I don’t have to meet clients when I signed my contract!”
 
 
 
“It’s a one time thing, Jae. You wanted to work on an auto-biography and you’re getting it, just that it comes with a price.”
 
 
“But it is not something we agreed upon, Miss Kim. I beg of you to give me something else! Even if it is about fish markets in Japan or trees in some forest in some far away land.”
 
 
“Please, Youngjae. The organisers have already approved you.”
 
 
“Fine. I guess I can’t help it. Thanks for everything else though. I’ll try my best.”
 
 
Youngjae let out a loud cry and slammed his head on his desk. He’d lived for years without much human contact and now he had to work with someone breathing down his neck. He let out a resigned sigh when his hands found the envelope on his bookshelf. 
 
 
He peeled the top open and let its contents fall out onto the post-it ridden desk. A ton of pictures and transcripts poured out. 
 
 
Youngjae pushed the pictures aside and pulled the transcripts to his eyes. He scanned the words and frowned when he noticed how cocky the man sounded in his speeches. 
 
 
“How am I supposed to work with you, Jung Daehyun?”
 
 
〆(・∀・@)
 
 
 
Daehyun sighed and jumped out of the back seat. He took in the area and cocked an eyebrow when he realised that he was right in front of his apartment.
 
 
“Ummm hyung, what are we doing at my house?”
 
 
“The editor lives in the building opposite your’s Dae so you can go right home after the meeting if you wish.”
 
 
Daehyun padded behind his manager like a little duckling when he took a look at the run down building they were entering.
 
 
He was pretty sure he saw a couple thugs hanging out behind the building and he sure as hell didn’t want to be beaten up on his second day back home. Daehyun shivered when he entered the lift. It smelled like dead rats and dirty rags.
 
 
“I’d buy all the people in this apartment a new home if I could.”
 
 
“Well you’d need money for that and you have to work for money so you should focus on your schedules more if you want to do that.”
 
 
“Why is everything about work for you hyung? Live a little.”
 
 
“I need money if I want to live.”
 
 
Daehyun rolled his eyes at the man standing in front of him as they stepped out of the death trap, making their way down the moldy hallway. Daehyun waited patiently as his manager knocked on the door of his editor’s door, announcing their arrival. 
 
 
He tapped his foot impatiently when he heard several locks being opened. Paranoid much? His head flew up when the door opened and he couldn’t help the gasp that came out.
 
 
“Creep?!”
 
 
 
 
word count: 1,149
 
Playlist:
~Stop This Train - John Mayer
~Gravity - John Mayer
~Guns & Horses - Ellie Goulding
~Your Song - Ellie Goulding
~Never Let Go - A-JAX
~In The Car - C-Clown
 
A/N: 2nd update <3