One

Coincidental Fate

Excited chatters filled the fansign venue. It was packed with mostly young girls, but a few middle aged women can be spotted in the crowd. A few men could also be seen. Everyone was waiting for the 12 boys they absolutely adore to appear. The scorching sun did not seem to get to them at all. As if the temperature wasn’t high enough, the emcee made the crowd cheer and scream.

“EXO! EXO! EXO! EXO!”

When all 12 members ran up the stage, the temperature at the fansign venue reached its peak. Fanchants started the moment the music was played. EXO danced and sang to the Chinese version of their latest title track to their Taiwanese fans. As the fanchants became louder and clearer, the 12 members danced and sang even harder and louder.

After a round of goofy introductions and a heart-melting ballad from their latest album that helped the intense summer heat melt the fans more, the 12 prepared for the fansign. However, before they could even sign one album, a knife was thrown towards the stage from the crowd. Kris managed to dodge it in time; narrowly missing his head by an inch or two.

“AAAH!”

The scene became crazy within a second. The emcee stepped up and tried to control the crowd as EXO was evacuated. The 12 were well coordinated and ran down the stage as fast as they could.

Unfortunately, it was not just one anti-fan that wanted to harm them. Near their bus, another one was ready to strike. Xiumin tripped while trying his best to evacuate s. Chen saw it and went back to help him up, hoping to catch up with the members already on board. Xiumin’s eyes caught the anti-fan charging towards him and Chen. Instinctively, he got up and pulled Chen away. He cursed under his breath and ran away in the opposite direction. A female passer-by witnessed the scene and was shocked frozen. As Xiumin and Chen ran closer to the girl, the older member became worried for the girl’s safety. Out of desperation, he pulled the girl along as well. The anti-fan was closing in. If you got that speed, go be an athlete instead of killing us!

The anti-fan was chased by two police officers whom, miraculously, managed to catch up with his amazing speed. Sensing that he’ll get caught before he could do anything, the anti-fan threw his penknife at Xiumin. It scratched past Xiumin’s left arm and he grunted. It left a long red line and blood was slowly dripping down. Ignoring the pain, he continued running.

Fortunately, the girl parked her car nearby. Before the fansign, she was buying gifts in the mall behind the venue. She unlocked her car and all three hopped on. She drove off immediately. It was surprising that all that happened in only half a minute.

Back on the bus, EXO’s managers did a headcount.

“Where is Minseok and Jongdae?!” One of the managers shouted. His eyes widened and his breathing became uneven. It was as if he was about to cry. Kris immediately stood up (and hit his head but he didn’t care) and did another headcount. He took out his phone, only to realise that both Xiumin and Chen’s phones were with him. All the members became flustered with the thought of 2 of their brothers out there, possibly in danger. Suho’s eyes were brimmed with tears, along with the maknae line.

“Should-should we,” Kris his lips. Even after 3 years since their debut, every time Kris spoke, it was as if the president spoke instead. Every member would turn and listen, especially when he is very serious. “we’ll head back to the hotel first, with half of you stay with Joonmyun and half of you stay with me. We’ll settle things from there.” Everyone agreed and with unsettled hearts, they headed back to their hotel.

Meanwhile on the car, Xiumin covered his wound with a bandana found in the girl’s bag. The cut was surprisingly deep. “Miss,” he said in Chinese. “Don’t go hospital… Wait… Reporters make things worse.” He wanted to tell her not to drive to the hospital, instead wait for the matter to die down before taking any action. However, his Chinese language skills became limited. Frustrated, angry and tired, Xiumin leaned back against the seat.

“You mean you don’t want me to drive you to the hospital because you are scared that the reporters will blow things out of proportion?” The girl surprised the two EXO members with her fluent Korean. Chen sat up and asked, “You’re Korean?!” Xiumin and Chen let out a smile of relief. It was as if the heavens sent down their saviour.

“Er, I’m mixed. My father is a Taiwanese and my mother is a Korean.” She explained briefly. “Where do you want to go with that injury anyways?!” She glanced at Xiumin through the front mirror every few seconds to check on his condition.

“Can we,” Xiumin said in Korean this time, voice weak. “Go to your house, no, somewhere to seek shelter and avoid crowd?” Chen’s jaw dropped at his hyung’s request. His face practically defined you mad bruh? The girl wanted to refuse, but seeing Xiumin’s condition, she reluctantly drove them to her apartment.

In her apartment, Chen carried Xiumin onto the sofa while the girl went to prepare a pail of water. She cleaned his wounds carefully with a cloth and took out a first-aid box. Fortunately, her mother was a nurse and taught her basic nursing. It was surprisingly deep for a penknife cut, but she disinfected and bandaged it anyways. Her mother never taught her how to stitch a wound, so it was all she could do.

After she was done, Xiumin tapped on her shoulder. “Excuse me miss, could we borrow your phone to call our manager?”

“S-sure.” She replied, but Chen’s face caused her to stop in her tracks. He was obviously suspicious of her. It was as if he was a wolf, wanting to devour her. (It’ll be more appropriate if he had done that 2 years ago with their ‘Wolf’ comeback) “Don’t worry, I’ll delete the number immediately.” With that, Xiumin sat up and took her phone. Just as he was about to dial the number, Xiumin froze.

“Jongdae ah, what’s hyung’s number again?”

“I don’t remember. He’s always on speed dial.”

The girl was not amused. She did a mental facepalm. She needed to return the two to their manager as fast as she could. Not because she hated idol singers, but having them in her apartment where she lived alone wasn’t the best idea ever. Plus, Xiumin can get proper medical attention when he’s in proper hands.

“Kris hyung- ah no.” Chen stopped. Giving away a member’s number was basically a sin.

“Spill it.” Xiumin may be baby-faced, but when he’s serious, it was no joke. With no other choice, Chen gave in and dialed Kris’ number.

Back in the hotel room, Kris’ phone vibrated. Cautiously, he picked it up. “H-hello?”

“Yah, Kris, it’s me. I’m at someone’s house now. I have a cut on my arm. It’s disinfected and bandaged, don’t worry. Chen’s unscathed. Yeah, I’ll get the person to text you the address.” After hanging up, Xiumin asked the girl to text Kris her address. She did as she was told and deleted the leader’s number from her phone.

“What was that, Kris?” The leader tensed up. The manager reprimanded him for taking things into his own hands. He was stopped by Lay, who told him to get to Xiumin first, and then scold Kris. Their manager gave a stern warning to Kris before pulling along another manager and staff member. They made a beeline to the address given.

While waiting, Chen fell asleep on the sofa. Xiumin wanted to keep an eye on the younger and did his best to keep himself awake. The girl bandaged his arm again since it was starting to bleed.

“You should rest.”

“I know. I just want to make sure he’s alright. What’s your name, miss? I should at least know.” Xiumin asked, half in Chinese and half in Korean.

“I’m… Song Huilin. My Korean name is Song Haerin. Now get some rest. I won’t touch you guys, I promise.”

Xiumin let out a small smile and closed his eyes. Within an hour, their manager arrived at her doorstep. EXO’s manager carried Xiumin on his back and Chen was escorted out by a staff member. Before Xiumin left, he smiled at Haerin, who smiled for the first time since they met.


Hope you liked it~

To clear up, this happened in 2015, 3 years after their debut. Of course I do not wish for the anti-fan incident to happen, I'll probably cry a river of tears! Original idea was to shoot them with a gun, but then again... Who carries guns around, especially in Taiwan? So knives should work, since my friend say that her brother carries it around with him o_o Never going to stand near him.

This story will be about 5 chapters long I guess. I hope to update once or twice a week depending on my schedule 'cos I need to study(:

Pardon any grammatical errors or wrong language usage~ ^^;;

Thanks for reading! ^^