Dancing with the devil? Ya not so much

Change of heart

We stood there staring at each other, not like predator or prey, but more like we were on the bus and just meeting for the first time. I studied his facial features first, his eyes were small, but the yellow that shinned brightly made them pop out so you could notice them. His slightly tanned skin look very soft and perfect like there wasn’t a blemish on it. He had platinum blonde hair that was sort of long to the point where his bangs had to be swept the right slightly covering his right eye. He had a slightly large nose, but somehow it fit him perfectly making me feel like he could pull off even the strangest things. Height wise he was probably the same height as me if not an inch or two taller; I could tell he was toned even with the sweater he was wearing. The sweater was black and knitted, making it easy to see some of his muscle outlines and showing off his strong arms. His legs were clad in black, leather skinny jeans followed by black combat boots.

His eyes traveled the length of my body, but it wasn’t like he was checking me out. If anything it was like he was sizing me, making sure that I wasn’t a threat to him. I stood there calmly, not making any sudden moves that would send him into defensive mode and to be honest I may be strong especially when I am mad, but he looks ten times stronger than me. When He was done looking at me, his eyes met mine and it was like we had a mutual acceptance of one another, Knowing that neither of us were a threat to the other.

“Hello My name is Ellie, I am here to check up on you and make sure that nothing happens to you. Umm I bet you could hear me yelling from the other pit, well I was helping out your friend with the Mohawk who was attacked by some very stupid people,” I told him with an embarrassed smile. He nodded his head like he was telling me that he had heard me loud and clearly which made my cheeks heat up because I was just too loud for my own good. “I am sorry for being so loud, I was just so angry that they went in there and did that to him. There aren’t and wounds on him, if anything he is mentally scarred from the fright,” I said lightly while looking at me feet. I really did feel bad about how those too stupid people were attacking him when he seemed defenseless against them.

“Thank you,” I heard a light voice say to me causing my head to shoot up and look at him.

“You just talked to me and I really didn’t even really do anything to gain your trust yet,” I said to him, stunned that we were having a conversation, or somewhat of a conversation, and I wasn’t even in here very long.

“You have already done a lot just by protecting my friend, besides I am one of the few in our group that look at the good in people before judging them,” He said with a cute smile that caused his eyes to disappear. I was taken aback by the full sentence that he had just said to me. I mean sure the guy with the Mohawk asked me to not leave him, but this was really a change.

“I still can’t believe that you are talking to me. I mean it took me forever to get the other group we have here to actually utter a word to me,” shock was most likely evident on my face as his smile grew even larger if possible.

“You are pretty cute when you are in shock. Besides I feel as if I can trust you just by the way that you have helped out my friends that you have already seen. For that I am truly grateful, you are an amazing person because normally humans shun us for being different. You, well you accepted us before you even got to know us, even then people won’t take the time to get to know us,” He said I could see the sadness cloud his eyes. I know I had just met the guy, but he looked sad, so I reached out and put a reassuring hand on his arm so that he could feel better.

“Well I respect you guys for being more advanced than us it is the least I can do when you have accomplished so much, yet have to be stuck here like some kind of animal. Besides it is easier to accept foreign people when they look more human than if they were little green people. I know I wouldn’t like to be stuck in here so I look at it from your position,” I said with a slight smile on my face. He didn’t shrug my hand off and I didn’t make any sudden movements that said I was going to remove it. I have only talked to him for no more than five minutes and I already feel a sibling like connection. “I would love to talk with you more, but for now I must leave because I have one more friend of yours to check up on,” I told him with a gentle smile while removing my hand from his arm.

“I understand Ellie, you will return right,” he asked looking at me with hope in his eyes.

“Of course we will be together for the rest of our lives so we will have time to get to know each other since I am in charge of everything that goes on with you guys,” I replied to him happy that he would still want to be with me. “I will be back in a few hours since I have to also go home and bring things hers, since I will be living in this building for a few months. So I will see you soon,” I said walking the few steps I had back to the already open door. I walked through the door waving to him right before it closed cutting him from my vision that was replaced with the metallic silver door.

“And you said he was hard to handle if anything he was the biggest sweetheart I have ever met in my life,” I said to the guard before walking up the stairs. I didn’t even bother to listen to what he had to about my comment because I was already half way up the steps. My mood had definitely changed from when I had dealt with the two stupid people before, it was like I was bipolar or something. I had to shake those thoughts out of my head I knew there was a reason for the change in my mood and hopefully I can keep this mood up for the rest of the day. I was walking to the pit in the middle, or I should say I was until I was pulled over to the side by Mr. Lee.

“What can I do for you Mr. Lee,” I asked in a pleasant tone and a warmhearted smile gracing my lips.

“I was wondering how the first four are I know there was problems in the third pit due to two of the employees, but other than them how is it going,” he asked knowing that there had to be something that I had to report since I was in a better mood. 
 
“Well, the first one didn’t say anything, but he seemed to not want me to leave him yet he didn’t make any sudden movements to keep me there with him, so he is still a bit afraid of me. As for the second one he was in deep thought about something before I interrupted him, but he didn’t seem to mind it. Although when I turned to leave he grabbed my arm because he didn’t want me to leave him, I had to tell him that I was going to come back soon. Now for the third one I am surprised that I didn’t scare him away from me after I screamed at the idiots while practically becoming the she hulk. I think if anything I just grew a bond with the third one since he asked me to not leave him,” I said to Mr. Lee giving him the rundown of what was happening.  

“That is amazing,” He said wide eyed while interrupting what I had to say.

“You think that is amazing I carried on a conversation with the fourth one. I think I just gained his respect and trust,” I said shocking Mr. Lee even more than I had with what had happened with the other three.

“And he didn’t even have trouble in his speech when he was replying to you,” he asked sounding completely flabbergasted.

“Nope none what so ever, he didn’t even stutter over his words,” I replied to my coworker. “Now that I have given you a brief rundown of what had happened with the other four I am going to meet the fifth one,” I told him as I started to walk away from the shocked middle aged man.

“Ellie please be careful with that one. I know normally they don’t have problems with you, but this one is the most aggressive, probably even more so than CL ever was,” he told me worry covering his face like a mask that covered every inch of his face.

“How so,” I questioned, knowing that whatever he had to tell me wouldn’t sway me away from seeing the fifth and final alien that I am in charge of.

“Well, I can’t explain it very well since I haven’t seen it myself, but I know that we had to cuff him since he killed one of our guys that had captured him,” he said his voice slightly trembling at the thought of the murder. If anything his words just made me more curious as to what he was really like and why he was so violent.

“Don’t worry Mr. Lee I can handle myself I promise and just because he is more violent than CL doesn’t mean that cannot be tamed. Have I a little faith in me besides CL never laid a hand on me, I don’t think he will either especially if I bring up that fact that I helped his friends already and that they are safe in my capable hands,” I told him with a reassuring smile.

“Fine, but I will not dare to watch you dance with the devil,” He told me with a sigh before walking off in the direction of his computer. ‘He can’t honestly be that bad can he,’ I thought to myself as I walked to the middle pit to look over the railing to see what I was going to be dealing with.  When I looked over the railing I saw a guy with light bluish almost teal hair, sitting cross legged in the middle of the sandy pit. He looked like he was meditating that or he was tired of standing since there wasn’t really anything in there for him to entertain himself with. To add to that the only place to sit is on the ground and standing for two hours would be tiring. From here I couldn’t see much of his facial features, but to me he didn’t look like a killer. I let out a heavy sigh as I walked away from the metal railings and towards the cement stairs that were the same as the ones leading to the bottom of every pit in this big dome covered room. Now that I was in a better mood I was once again hopping down the stairs. I jumped off the last step and landed gracefully on the balls of my feet surprising the guard who seemed distracted.

“Hey Se7en oppa,” I called out to my male friend that I had met when I first started here. His real name is Dong-wook, but I call him Se7en since he told me the while seven eight nine joke and it kind of stuck with him ever since. I also recently added oppa to his name since it was Korean for brother and well he was Korean so I decided to incorporate some of his culture into this relationship.

“Hey to-kki (sorry I don't know how to spell that, but if you do could you let ne know so I can change it. Thanks)what are you up too,” He smiled at me. Same thing goes for me with nicknames, to-kki means rabbit and I guess that started when my nose twitched in front of him and he said it looked like a bunny nose. “Are you going in there to-kki,” he asked furrowing his eyebrows with worry.

“Yep I am and don’t worry Mr. Lee already told me that he become violent at any minute so I know that I have to be careful,” I said walking over to him to give him a hug. There is nothing between us; if anything we see each other as siblings and nothing more than that.

“Alright Ellie, but you know to call me when you need help,” he said returning the hug quickly. He held onto me like I would disappear at any time, leaving him behind in this cruel world.

“I know Dong-wook, I promise I will let you know, but I know I can deal with him on my own,” I said breaking our hug so I could go into the room that held the so called most violent alien. He looked at me once more before opening the door for me to go through. The door slightly creaked open for me revealing the back of the figure I was staring at from the top of the pit. I walked into the pit before the door closed behind me silently unlike the other times the other doors had been closed behind me. My feet automatically carried me too the figure that was sitting silently in the middle of the pit, the sand sinking slightly from my weight. It was like he had some kind of magnetic pull on my body because my feet didn’t stop till I was standing right behind him. Of course even though he could most likely feel my presence behind him, he didn’t make even the slightest movement to look at me. I couldn’t stand when people knew I was behind them and they didn’t even look at you even if it was for a split second. For all he could know I could be one of those stupid people who came in here with weapons forcing him to talk to me.

“Trust me I know that you are not a threat to me or my friends since they are thankful for what you have done for us so far,” a deep voice said in my head freaking me out because now I thought that I was hearing things like dead people.

‘Oh no I am going crazy; I am going to become one of those outcast old ladies who can hear dead people. If that happens I am going to be a loner with no family, yet a ton of cats to keep me company,’ I though mentally cringing at becoming a cat lady when in reality I don’t exactly like cats to begin with. (Sorry I am more so a dog person and have been that way ever since I was little and grew up with dogs)

“Hahaha don’t worry you aren’t going crazy, Umm could you come sit in front of me so I can get a good look at you. My hyungs say that you are really gorgeous, but I would like to see you with my own eyes,” the deep voice replied again, but this time I figured out that it was the guy sitting in front of me. I quickly obliged and sat right in front of him. His eyes opened once I was situated on the sand that was the floor of the pit, when his teal smoldering eye met my stormy grey ones I froze instantly. His eyes were so vibrant and intense that I just couldn’t seem to look away from them; they had captured me as it made my heart rate increase slightly. I could tell that his eyes were scanning my features, so I decided to look over him too. The top of his hair was like a light blue or teal while the roots were dark brown and styled up. The side of his head was shaved so the dark brown hair was showing on the sides as well as most of the back of his head. His face looked very mature, but also held a little child like glint in it. His dark eyebrows were thick, but made his almond shaped eyes look more intense. My eyes traveled over every feature of his face, from how some and blemish free his skin seemed to his plump light pink lips which were curved into a slight smirk.

Next my eyes traveled to his clothing that consisted of black coat with a white turtle neck under it, black fitted jeans, and black dress shoes. My eyes stopped at the handcuffs that were around his wrists which constricted his arms from moving. ‘So they thought you were so dangerous that they need to find some way to control you and they picked the electric handcuffs that shock you when you do something they find to be violent,’ I thought in my head knowing that he could hear me.

“Yes, I know that I can be dangerous, but they had provoked me, by harming my brothers and I hate that they locked me in such a room that they think will keep me from escaping,” He replied back in my head still looking me over like he was trying to approve of me or not.

‘I don’t like seeing them get hurt either, trust me I believe that you guys should be treated differently,’ I thought again not wanting to say it out loud.

“I know I trust that we are in good hands under you. I have been able to read your thoughts since you walked in here and I can tell how you feel from the way we are treated to how you are tired of that Andrew guy who does nothing, but stare at you,” He replied. I could hear a slight growl when he talked about Andrew staring at me, but I decided to shake it off thinking that there was another reason he didn’t like my so called boss. I smiled lightly at him because of the things he had just said which somehow caused my heart beat to pick up even more speed. I couldn’t begin to tell you how weird I felt around him and I haven’t known him for that long. These weird feelings weren’t bad; if anything they were good and made you feel a fuzzy feeling in your stomach.

‘Damn he is gorgeous,’ I unconsciously thought, totally spacing out the fact that the guy in front of me could read my thoughts.

“Well I am glad you think that way about me,” he said smirking at me. My face started to heat up and was probably turning fifty shades of red right at this very moment as I was mentally slapping myself for my Freudian slip (hehehe I learned that in my college Psych class)   “Trust me I don’t mind that you think that way, beside I agree with my friends you really are gorgeous yourself,” he said again in my head with a wink afterwards. 
 ‘Whatever,’ I huffed crossing my arms over my chest. ‘Well since I got to meet you and you know that I am here to help you I must go. I need to go run to my home and grab some clothing since I will be living here for a few months,’ I told him looking into his striking teal eyes. ‘Oh I am Ellie by the way, but I bet you knew that,’ I said to him while sticking my hand out for him to shake. He gave me a small smile before reaching out his cuffed hands to shake mine. When our hands touched a bolt of electricity shot through my body making me feel warm where ever our skin was in contact.

“Till then I will be waiting patiently for your return and I think that it would be best if you visited my friend that you protected first when you return. I can wait, but he thinks you won’t return even when I told him telepathically that you will be back. He just freaks out easily when it comes to people leaving him, so please do make him your first priority,” he said letting go of my hand so I can get. I shook my head in reply following what he had just requested of me. I walked away from him feeling like there was a piece of me that stayed behind as the giant metal door closed behind me, putting a barrier between the two of us.

“Looks like I made it out huh Se7en, I told you I could tame him unlike the rest of you who didn’t believe I could,” I said playfully sticking my tongue out at him as I walked towards the stairs. “See you in a few hours, I have to go to my house to get some clothing,” I waved as I started bouncing up the stairs a wide smile on my face. Today had been a great day and things were only going to get better I just knew it.