Stolen

Stranger in Paris

 

Eyeliner, powder, lipstick, repeat. 
 

Seohyun fluttered her eyes open, lashes batting together like butterfly wings. Her eyes met a work of art in the mirror once again. The fabrics of her dress blended with each other like watercolors, each sliver of satin cascading down along her figure to meet the floor. As she stepped onto the set, the warmth of a familiar hand grabbed a gentle hold of her arm. A cautious smile formed on his face.
 

“Hey, you okay?” Suho asked.
 

“Yea.” Seohyun nodded. “Why?”
 

“You just seem kinda out of it, that’s all.”
 

“Just a bit tired, but don’t worry.” She laid a cautious hand on his shoulder. “I’m fine.”
 

“Not enough sleep?”
 

“Suho-”
 

“Did you have too little to eat?”
 

“I’m fine-”
 

“Did I-”
 

Seohyun cupped his face and squished his cheeks so he couldn’t move his mouth any more. “Suho, really, I’m fine. Relax. Why don’t you get some cookies over there? They’re really melty and chocolatey and yummy-”
 

“Don’t avoid the question with cookies.”
 

Seohyun’s lips formed a tight line. “But did it work?”
 

Suho paused and looked away. “That’s not what we’re talking about.”
 

She patted his shoulder, showing him a bright smile as his head turned back around. “We’re still going shopping tonight, right?”
 

“Of course,” he smiled in return. That was the Suho she wanted to see, and that cheerful Seohyun was who he wanted to see as well. 
 

Seohyun entered the set. She knew she had to hide her emotions better. It was true, though. She really was tired from a bit of lack of sleep, but she still worried about the previous episode at the headquarters the other day. Knowing that something so trivial shouldn’t bother her, she readied herself with a mind solely in work mode. 
 

A hundred frames later, Seohyun and the other models walked off the set to be greeted by the staff’s applause. The makeup artists sighed with relief in the corner, while the photographer already got up and left, nowhere to be seen at this point. 
 

Seohyun was greeted by Suho, face so stuffed with chocolate chip cookies he couldn’t even manage out a simple “Good job!” Seohyun laughed, poking his chunky cheeks. “I’m gonna go get this makeup off. Don’t choke yourself while I’m gone.”
 

Suho gave her a thumbs up as she disappeared behind the curtain. Within the velvety, red drapery was a sea of lights and fabric, models basically half- and done with the job. Everyone chattered like high school girls, talking about tonight’s dinner or tomorrow’s date with their boyfriend. Seohyun wasn’t one to socialize so freely, so she escaped to a corner to change, passing by everyone with a polite smile.
 

Seohyun couldn’t wait to get home later, after shopping that is. Maybe tonight before going to bed she’ll be inspired to write another poem. It had been ages before her last one, and she hated it when there was a large gap of time in between writing sessions. It disrupted her flow, her inspiration for writing. 
 

A tap of the shoulder interrupted her train of thought. Seohyun turned around to see three of her fellow models huddling near her, fully dressed and ready to leave. Twins and a brunette. Their eyes darted here and there. They obviously had something to ask.
 

“Um, may we ask you something?” the blonde one on the left said.
 

Seohyun zipped up her skirt. “Of course.”
 

The brunette with blue eyes spoke this time. “Are you the boss’s partner?”
 

“Partner in business?”
 

“No, no,” the twin on the right one clarified, “partner in love.”
 

Seohyun almost choked on nothing. “No! Nothing like that.” Her eyes widened and looked at three sets of eyes. There was no other way to put it more simply. “Friends. We’re only friends.”
 

“Ah,” the first twin giggled. “Okay. We were only curious.”
 

“We just figured because, I don’t know.” The brunette shrugged. “The boss is handsome, and you’re so beautiful. It only seemed like a perfect match.”
 

Seohyun was finished dressing now. She walked with the three of them towards the dressing room’s exit, heels clunking and skirts swaying. The three girls kept talking, while Seohyun stayed silent in the middle, listening and nodding to their words.
 

“But it’s a shame that the boss doesn’t have a girlfriend now.”
 

“The other one and him matched really well, too.”
 

“Other one?” Seohyun asked, now eager to participate in the conversation.
 

One of the blonde twins leaned over. “Yea, the woman he was with before.”
 

“Oh, I remember her,” the brunette sang. “They looked perfect together.”
 

“The boss seemed really happy with her, remember?”
 

Seohyun raised her eyebrow. Suho had never told her about a significant other before. “Who was she? What happened?”
 

“Oh, you don’t know, mademoiselle? They were an item - were an item.”
 

“Until,” the brunette interjected, “someone had the nerve to take her away from him.”
 

The girls ended up taking their place near the edge of the set. Crew members were now disassembling the props, lights being taken down as well. Seohyun was all ears, letting the girls tell the story.
 

“She was a mysterious lady. No one really knew her background, only that she worked in the same company as the boss,” one of the twins began.
 

“Nobody really cared, though, because the two of them seemed so happy together. No one had a reason to think badly of them,” the brunette said. “The boss smiled day in and day out.”
 

The second blonde twin spoke this time. Her eyes were downcast for the most part, wary of something Seohyun didn’t know of. “But one day, she had just gone up and left. Ever since then, the boss never smiled. Never. Until you came, mademoiselle, he started to smile again. He’s now that playful person he once was before. That’s why we asked you if you were acquainted with him - you know - romantically.”
 

This was all new information to Seohyun. Ever since they were children, Suho had always been that one guy who always laughed and smiled and brightened up everyone’s day. So to hear that there was a time when he didn’t do any of that, a time when he wasn’t himself, that was a surprise to her reality. 
 

“But wait,” Seohyun realized. “You said she was taken away. What do you mean by that?”
 

The brunette leaned in as if what was going to be said was top secret, classified information. “Everyone knows about it, but we’ll tell you. The boss isn’t around, right?”
 

The twins shook their heads side to side in unison. Suho wasn’t near.
 

“There was a man who stole her heart away from the boss. It wouldn’t have been so scandalous if it weren’t for the fact that this man did so on purpose.” Her voice turned bitter, no longer the sweet tone it had just been a few minutes ago. “The nerve of that man. He was never one to care about his reputation.”
 

“How do you know that he made her fall for him on purpose?” Seohyun had to know.
 

“He worked for the company as well. And, as we said earlier, everyone in the company knew of the boss’s and her relationship together.”
 

“The poor boss was heartbroken,” one of the twins shook her head. “But he was too nice to do anything about it. All he could do was stand there and watch her leave him.”
 

Suho had never told her about this. Seohyun’s hearing remained sharp. “And what happened - her and that man?”
 

The brunette shrugged. “We’re not too sure. All we know is that it didn’t last. But his attempt to ruin the boss’s love life wasn’t in vain. He succeeded in the end.” 
 

Seohyun looked around the room. She could see Suho walking around at the other side, his head turning left and right. He was looking for her.
 

“But it doesn’t matter right now,” one of the twins tried to cheer up the atmosphere. “Now that you’re here, Miss Seohyun, you’ve brought back our cheerful boss again. I’m sure the whole company would want to thank you for that.”
 

“Oh, it’s nothing,” Seohyun assured them. “Just one more question, if I may.”
 

“Of course.”
 

“What was that man’s name?”
 

There was a pause. “I don’t really remember. Who was it again?”
 

They asked each other, shooting out words left and right to try and match it up with their lost memory. Seohyun walked out of their little circle now, heading towards Suho’s direction so she could tell him where she was.
 

She waved her hand in the air, hoping Suho would see her before he could go running off somewhere else to look for her. As she walked a bit further, her legs felt heavy. Seohyun’s heels felt as if they were nailed to the ground. Her hand, still in the air, froze in its place.
 

“His name,” one of them called out from behind. “I remember now!”
 

“It was Luhan!”
 



A/N:

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in awhile!
I've had school for three weeks now, and I've never had so many assignments to do before.
I'm incredibly sorry that this update took so long. Please forgive me ;A;

Hopefully this chapter was enjoyable.
Again, I love reading all of your comments! Please comment below ^^
I already have the story line wrapped up in my head.
Now all there's left to do is write it down~