Chapter Six

It Was Fun While It Lasted

Yes, your eyes arent lying, it's an update.

     “YeEun, D.O: Hundred. Nice work guys,” Ms. Song announced. D.O turned around, flashing his pearly whites along with a thumbs up. I nodded back at him and smiled. “Hmm… It’s time for lunch anyways. I’ll let you out early today. Have an awesome winter break!” Ms. Song was the first to prance out of the classroom.

            D.O and I walked to the rooftop, which is where I normally ate lunch by myself, but today, the whole Exo-K was there with us. Actually, we’ve been eating lunch together since…. Well, since I became Chanyeol’s girlfriend. Yup, GIRLFRIEND… and I don’t even know how. Maybe I’m still dreaming.

 

 
It was a late night study session at   school, and I was the last person left in the school.

......or so I thought.....

On a visit to my locker, a neon sticky note caught my eyes and music started playing.
"Follow me!" Was written on the note, and it pointed me to the next sticky note.
Curious, I switched out my books and started following the sticky note trail. Each stop on the way was sticky notes with love song lyrics, and the music started getting louder. 

 

The rooftop...?
 

I opened the door and the chilly wind greeted me, but the wind wasn’t the only thing to greet me… There was a heart made out of candles, and in the middle was Chanyeol holding a bouquet of roses.
 

"YeEun, I've been meaning to ask you this for a long time, but I never had the courage to do so. I don’t care if you’re not as skinny as the others, because beauty shines from within. 
I don’t care if the whole school hates you, because I won’t hate you. Ye Eun, will you be my girlfriend?"

“Since winter break started, do you guys wanna hang out with YeEun? Exo-M is staying in Korea for a week. We should hand out with them too today.” Suho’s suggestion brought me back to reality. “Let’s go bowling, and then the haunted house later at night. Everyone, including me, agreed.

However, only one question circulated inside my head: Who’s Exo-M??

 

We all met at H Bowling Center. Exo-M turned out to be their group of friends from China. Two of the six were Korean. There were 13 people in all, which created uneven teams, so I decided to keep score. I was never good at athletics anyways.[Click the link to see the night out –Exo Showtime- if not, read on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYpXLKMpj6w]

            With the night out ending at around 10 pm, I only had one part timer to go to, which meant that I got home at 11:30-ish. Luckily, there was no creepy following me. Tonight I had some extra time on my hands, since there was no homework assigned. Hmm… what to do? Catch up on some sleep? Yeah, that seems about right. I was getting ready for bed, when my phone rang.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey,” Chanyeol’s warm voice greeted.

I was confused. “Did you need something?” I asked.

“Just wanted to tell my sweetie goodnight,” he said.

Blushing, I let out a nervous laugh.

“Goodnight Chanyeol.”

“Goodnight love.”

-Chanyeol POV-

            After the night Ye-Eun left, the rest of us 12 decided to crash at Suho hyung’s house. We had nothing planned, so we decided to just chill and catch up with one another. Once the clock hit 11:30, I decided to call Ye-Eun. As soon I ended the call, I heard snickers from a few people. I rolled my eyes at them.

“So let me get this straight,” Kris mused. “You’re actually doing this?”

            From the corner of my eyes, I was Kai smirk. I nodded my head slowly, thinking back to about three weeks ago.

 

            Kai plopped down on the couch next to me.

“Sup,” I greeted him.

            He turned his head, facing me, a weird glint in his eyes.  “You wanna make some easy money?” he coyly asked.

            I twisted my lips and nodded. “Who doesn’t?” I asked. The glint in his eyes only got brighter. I don’t like where this is going, and I don’t even know where that is.

            “You know that Ye-Eun girl… she’s feisty. I like her.” He said. “Let’s make a deal,” he got to the point. “Have Kim Ye-Eun fooled as your girl for 40 days. That’s not the hard part. The hard part is, on the 40th day, you have to break up with her, in front of everyone. In reward you get 205,000 won (approximately $200 USD). I wanna see her sassy reaction to this. Of course,” he continued, “I didn’t come up with this rubbish. T-Ara b*tches wanted this. I was just acting as their messenger.”

            I was shocked. Kai wasn’t this kind of person. He wouldn’t want to hurt someone who didn’t do anything bad to him. “Why do I have to do this? Why me?” I questioned.

            Kai shrugged and said, “But you know…” Then he did the ‘make it rain’. He then patted my knee in… sympathy? “Good luck man,” he said. And just like that, he was gone.

            “I’m in the deepest sh*ts of deep shi*ts,” I groaned.

 

            My mind was brought back into present time when I felt a burning gaze aimed my way. Sehun was silently staring at me, and a frown was plastered on his usually emotionless face. What’s up with him?

            Suddenly the lights went out, or rather, someone turned them off. The living room was then illuminated by the light from the movie projector. “The Conjuring” it read. So… We’re ending the night with a horror movie? Not bad. However, after the first five minutes of the movie, I found that my mind drifted off to something, er someone else. YeEun. Poor girl.

The time was almost near…

The end of 40 days was almost near…

Heartbreak was almost near…

 

 

 

 

D – 21

 

We had three weeks.

 

Prepare yourselves for a long AN...

So it's been a year, and I can't say that I'm completely back yet. I've lost the planning sheets for the two upcoming chapters *flinches* so the next few chapters may not be of my best quality. My sincerest apologies go to you guys. NOW THIS IS WHERE YOU GUYS COUNT: I've been reading some fics and looking back at mine from a year ago, I feel that it's pretty... noob(?) like, for the lack of better words. SO, I want y'all's opinions on whether I should keep this story as is, or if I should change it. Lastly, I thank all of you guys who stayed patient and faithful to this story *tears up* and to the new readers, welcome, and thank you for choosing It Was Fun While It Lasted.

                                                                                                       - m0cha