Chapter Five

It Was Fun While It Lasted

*Make sure you've read Chapter Four~ It's starring Baekhyun!*

 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

        Another new day. I quickly  washed up, put my hair in a messy ben, threw on my uniform, slung on my bag, and ate dried mangoes on my way to school for breakfast. Let’s start walking to school.

            The first thing I noticed when I arrived, was that the school was awfully quiet the moment I stepped in. Looking around, I saw all the students whispering, unlike their usual shouting. Glances and finders were pointed at me. Okay, so the whispering is ABOUT ME. I walked up the stairs, to where my locker was located. I heard echoes of some people’s conversation “, , fat*ss,…. ”

            Wut?

I passed the lockers, seeing that there was a lot of…. stuff on mine. Que the sigh. Off to homeroom I go, since the bell’s about to ring. The awkward atmosphere could be felt the moment I walked through the doorway. It was still loud, it’s just that something felt…off. After sitting down, I buried my head into my arms. I’m sooooo tired, it’s not even funny. I felt three taps on my shoulder. Looking up, I met Chanyeol, a very close Chanyeol, right at eye level. And I have to say, he’s better looking up close.

            “What’s wrong?” he asked me.

            “What’s wrong… WHAT’S WRONG?! Why are you over here talking to me? Why is Exo-K interfering with my life? I’m so confused right now and you have to pop up and ask me ‘what’s wrong?’ in that voice of yours? Omg your voice doe, I cannot. Back to the topic. What do you expect my answer to be, huh?” but he didn’t hear any of that since that commotion went on in my head. All he saw was a head shake and a fake smile. I’m not even surprised that they’re being pretending to be nice to me.

            “Let me tell you a joke,” he offered, a smile playing on his face.

            I stared at him with a blank face, and nodded once, telling him to go on and tell the joke.

Clearing his throat, he said, “Yo mamma’s so fat, when she walked across in front of the TV, I missed three episodes!” Then, he cracked up.

        “Chanyeol, a good comedian doesn’t laugh at his own jokes,” I said. He stopped laughing and awkwardly sniffled and rubbed his nose. “Also, I’ve never seen my mom, so I don’t know if I get my fat genetics from my father or my mother,” I informed him.

            The color drained from his face, and his expression changed into a wide-eyed, open-mouthed one. “No, no, no. I didn’t mean it like that. I was trying to humor you. Oh my gosh… I’m so sorry if I offended you I was just trying to make you laugh because you looked so sad and-“

            - “You’re fine. I know that you didn’t mean any harm. Thanks for trying anyways,” I told him.  He looked down. Awwww. What do I do? This is so awk…

            R R R I I I I I N N N N G G G G G ~ ~ ~ ! ! ! !

            I’ve been LOVING that bell lately.

 

- Home Economics Class-

          “Class, today, I’ll be giving you a cooking assignment. Pick a partner, and then I’ll hand out the instructions,” Ms. Song’s voice rang out. Her voice was uniquely soft, but it had a sense of official…ness.

            I just stood there looking at my feet, letting whoever was left out get stuck with me. I heard someone clearing his throat.

            “Can you be my partner?” he asked. Looking up, I saw D.O.

            “Sure,” I answered, shrugging a little. Why am I not surprised? We sat down, and waited for Ms. Song to give us the instructions. She came around giving each group the rubric for the gading weights, and the instructions for the assignment.

 It read:

HOME ECONOMICS PROJECT #1

*MAKE YOUR OWN DISH*

1) CREATE A DISH OF YOUR OWN INVENTION

2) PRESENT IT TO YOUR CLASS AND EXPLAIN HOW TO MAKE IT

3) IT MUST BE EDIBLE, MEANING NO ONE WILL DIE FROM EATING IT

4) YOUR DISH DOESN’T HAVE TO BE A DISH: IT CAN BE A DESSERT OR A DRINK

5) THIS PROJECT HAD NO BOUDARIES, GO AS FAR AS YOUR IMAGINATION TAKES YOU… AS LONG AS YOU DON’T GO TO JAIL FOR IT.

~GET STARTED! DUE IN THREE WEEKS~

___ CREATIVITY- 15 PTS

___ EDIBLE- 15 PTS

___ EXPLANATIONS- 20 PTS

*WRITE A TWO PAGE ESSAY ON YOUR DISH. INCLUDE WHY YOU CHOSE IT AND STEPS ON MAKING YOUR DISH*

___ IDEAS- 10 PTS

___ CONVENTIONS-10 PTS

___ ORGANISATION- 10 PTS

___ CREATIVITY- 10 PTS

___ DUE ON TIME- 1O PTS

 “Just read it. Everything you need is on the paper,” she paused to give us time to skim over the paper. “Any questions? 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. No? Good. Get started.”

            I turned to D.O. he was so excited that he was about to fall off his seat.

            “I have an idea,” he said as calmly as he could; which wasn’t calm at all.  I smiled.

            “I’m all ears,” I told him.

Everything he said was genius, but it was all a blur since this kid is so hyped up. I’m guessing that he’s one heck of a cook. It’s actually a miracle that I processed everything that flew out of his mouth. D.O is so nice…. Now that I think about it, all of them were nice so far. I guess Kai’s the only mitch (man bish) in this group.

            “You can come to my house for this. It’s gonna be easy since we already have the menu pre-planned. All we have to do is experiment, cook, and write the essay. Here’s my address and my phone number,” he said, handing me a slip of paper. I gave him my number, project use only, right?

            “When are you available?” I asked him. He shrugged.

            “Any time,” he answered casually.

            “Well today’s Friday, so I’m going to try to get some time off of work. Let’s start today at 5:30 and then continue on the weekends,” I suggested. He nodded.

            The rest of class continued like that. Planning out our project, and getting to know each other better. Soon, it was lunch time, and the end of class.

            “See you at 5:30.”

 

 

 

 

“Yes we exchanged numbers. Everything is going as planned.”