Chapter One

It Was Fun While It Lasted

        "Fatty! Fatty! Why don't you just go die in a hole?!" 
         The taunting continued like any normal day. My feelings? Yeah, they get hurt, but not like before. I'm used to all the bullying. 
          

           "8:30. Just 30 more minutes. You can do this, Ye Eun," I thought to myself, turning up the volume of my iPod louder. Loner by Outsider [Oh, the irony] made ignoring the outside world easier. I sighed, thinking about my screwed up life.
           Do my parents know? Tch.... I don't have any parents. When I was four, they ditched me in front of an orphanage on Christmas Eve telling me, "Now all you have to do is wait for your present" Well 'parents' if you're reading this right now, let me tell you now, living in an orphanage is a whole lot better than living with people like you.

           Living in an orphanage, you expect me to be thankful at the least, but living off of crap that 34 kids had to share? No, I'm not thankful. Six years of that and I was tired of it I finally got the guts to run away when I was 10. I've been supporting myself since then. If it meant begging in the streets to get money, I'd do it. If I had to overwork myself for food, I'd do it. I had my own limits though. ion. Even if large amounts of money were proposed, there was no way I'd dirty myself to such low standards.        

           Right now though, I'm 15. Yes, five years of that torture,  and it still hasn't stopped. I work five part time jobs, all low paying. With all that rush in my life you'd be wondering why I'm fat. Heh, I wonder too. A few ideas fit, but they're not positive reasons. 
         

 Between the jobs and everything, I have to eat in a short amount of time. What does that mean? Fast food. I don't get enough sleep, but does that even matter with weight? Puberty, where were you when I needed you? I did grow taller, but I also grew in body fat.                                                                                     

          So let's take a look at some possible solutions. 
          Exercise.  Do you think a person working five part time jobs has time for that? Starve. Been there, done that. Don't wanna go back to the hospital for malnutrition. Diet pills, lipo, diet programs, etc. Well... you know $$$. I even walk to and from school everyday. I've come to one conclusion: EXTREMELY slow metabolism. Fml...           
           The ringing of the bell brought me back to reality. Finally, 9:00.

“Kim Ye Eun,”

I raised my hand to signal that I was present. Then, I just sort of blanked out…. Until

“Kim Joonmyun” (Suho)

“Park Chanyeol”

“Do Kyungsoo” (D.O)

“Byun Baekhyun”

“Kim Jongin” (Kai)

“Oh Sehun”

           Ah yes, the kingkas of this school, Exo-K, all in one classroom. That just means more bullying towards me. Why? If all the kingkas are in one classroom, all the queenkas are in one classroom too. The teachers didn’t plan this out. At least that’s what I think.

“Park Hyomin”

“Jeon Boram”

“Lee Q-Ri”

“Park Soyeon”

“Ham Eunjung”

“Park Jiyeon”

“Lee Areum”

          The queenkas, T-Ara. There used to be eight people, but since Ryu Hwayoung got kicked out, it’s seven.

I looked out the window and started daydreaming.  About what? You know, just the norm… T-Ara falling down a cliff, having actual friends, losing weight, Park Chanyeol….. Chanyeol… Sigh-

“Ye Eun!”

I looked up, startled. “Yes?”

“Come answer this question.”

I went up to the board. I may be fat, but I’m…… a genius :D

“Ooooohhh! FATTY GOT SOME BRAINS!!” Kai hollered.

“I have a name,” I said in an emotionless voice, looking right into his eyes. I hate him, but I have to admit, he has really pretty eyes.

“Yeah, it’s Fatty isn’t it?” Jiyeon asked, feigning innocence.

          I turned to her and said, ”You’re suddenly making fun of me. Did you get the question wrong? You must be jealous that I have more brains than you… blondie” She’s Asian, but any blonde would be smarter than her. I blew my fringe and walked back to my seat.

Jiyeon turned around, glared at me, and said, “You also have more fat than me.”

Cue the laughter.

She smirked and turned around, flipping her long bleached-blonde hair in the process.

I sighed and looked out the window again, thinking “I’ll show them someday…”

          Now that I think about it, Chanyeol didn’t make fun of me today. That’s a first, but I smell something suspicious between them. We’ll see what’s on their minds.