Double Sweetness of Brownies - Lu Han (EXO)

A Slice of Cake [One-shot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a bright, fresh Friday morning. A girl was sleeping peacefully, buried deep under her thick purple velvet blanket. That girl was me. My name is Choi Hyeji. All of you probably think that girl, me, is going to wake up like a princess, and walk to the bathroom gracefully with a morning smile plastered on her face, ready to go to school. Hahaha, no. My reality is never like that.

"Choi Hyeji!" My mom shouted in my ear. I opened my eyes, seeing my mom holding a jug of water on top of body, ready to pour the freezing cold water on me. I raised my brow. I've seen this a lot of times you know.. Almost everday I wake up seeing my mom burning in anger with a bucket of water in her hands. Slowly, I closed my eyes again. I only slept for 5 hours, for Pete's sake. Homework is killing me, and actually caffeine is not helping me at all. 3 cups of coffee I drank last night just made me much more sleepy. How weird.

"Hyeji!" My mom shook me. "That's it, I'm calling your brother. Chunji!" Oh gosh no.. Please not Chunji.

"What is it, mom?" I heard his voice. The morning devil. Choi Chunji. I really love him, but not in the morning.

"Can you please wake up your little sister? I have a headache and she's making it worse." Oh, please don't leave me, mom. Please, I beg you-

"Wakie-wakie little birdie~" That line is the beginning of my morning misery. Suddenly, my blanket was pulled away, revealing me, in my pink bear pajamas. There, the morning devil stood, with his signature smirk painted on his face. He was perfectly dressed in his school uniform, his brown hair was slightly wet, showing that he has just finished his refreshing morning shower. I admit, he was kind of "handsome", and "cute". And seriously, he has fangirls in school. Brr.

"Time to take a shower, with soap that smells like flowers~" The second line of the death song. He pulled me out of my bed, and dragged me to the bathroom. He covered my face with a towel. After throwing my school uniform at me, -I realized that most of his throws were aimed at my face- he patted my head and went out of the bathroom. I sighed and locked the door. Lazily, I did all of my morning routines.

I went out of the bathroom after 15 minutes, and found no traces of my brother. I shrugged and put my shoes on. After that, I took my bag and ran downstairs. Still no Chunji. He couldn't- Oh no he didn't. I saw his black car, the usual car we use to go to school together, miles from the house. I widened my eyes and hurrily took some money from the cabinet to buy lunch later since I don't have time to make them now that I'm late.

"BYE MOM! BYE DAD!" I shouted as I closed the door on my way out. I can run to school, but that will take like 8 minutes, while the first period starts in 4 more minutes. I cursed Chunji under my breath as I ran as fast as I could. Okay, I'm kinda a really fast runner, but it's still impossible to get there in 4 minutes.

"Chunji, you're so dead when I see you." I chuckled.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, finally.

I smiled in victory when the sight of my school gates came to my eyes. But, the sight of a boy standing in front of the gates did not. Oof. I crashed right into him. He fell down, I fell down. I was on top of him.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry! I'm kinda in a hurry here!" I bowed. When he stood up, his eyes met mine, his big brown orbs shimmering in the sunlight.

"It's okay. Are you late for school?" he asked you with a smile. Oh, what a wonderful smile.

"Y-yes. You t-too?" I stuttered. I mentally slapped myself.

What is this feeling?

"Yup. Choi Hyeji, am I right?" What the- how did he know my name? I nodded.

"Hi. My name is Lu Han. I'm in the same homeroom as your brother." Oh, brother. My lovely devil-ish brother.

"Hello, Lu Han. Are you Chinese?" I asked, excited. Luhan chuckled.

"Yes, yes I am. Why did you ask?"

"It's just that my dad is Chinese, and I'm learning Mandarin~" I grinned.

"Wanna test your skills, Hyeji?" he smirked. I hesitated, but finally agreed.

"Nǐ yǒu yīgè měilì de xiàoróng." He smirked as he said it. Okay, I understand what he said. I, Choi Hyeji, blushed.

"Xièxiè, ge." I looked away, trying to hide my pink face. He smiled and chuckled.

"Since we're already late, should we ditch school?" He asked again, lending me a hand.

"Uh, sure." I accepted his hand, his hand was bigger than mine. His touch felt so warm and comfortable. I smiled warmly.

He's just... Perfect.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter