Good Leader

Good Leader

 

 

Junmyeon sighed as he walked into the living room. The dorm was quite and dark, the only source of light was the lamp from the kitchen.  Walking carefully and as quite as possible, Junmyeon finally plopped himself on one of the couch, trying to make himself comfortable, and rested his head backwards. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath while counting one to ten.

Not even an hour ago, the dorm was still alive, too alive that is. With 12 boys living in one space, you would expect some of them screaming, trying to find their belongings, some of them singing in the shower, some chatting, loud TV, and even some argument. It would always loud, and alive, quietness and peace became a luxurious thing. That’s why Junmyeon loves times like this, when all the boys were safe and comfortable on their beds, resting for the night, preparing for whatever they would face tomorrow.  Times like this giving him a chance to breathe a little lighter and think a little clearer.

As much as he loves s and his role of the group, he admits that being a leader is really hard at times. Especially when it seems like s listen to someone better than him, someone named Kris. Junmyeon admits that sometimes he feels jealous towards Kris.

Junmyeon’s lips curved upwards when he felt a pair of arm snaking around his shoulder, and a cold cheek pressed to the side of his face. The hot breath fanning his face was making him ticklish, but somehow relaxing, he couldn’t help but to leaning closer to the touch. “Why are you not sleeping yet?” The person behind him asked with a soft tone.

Without opening his eyes, Junmyeon turned his head and nuzzled his nose into the oldest member of the group’s soft cheeks, and mumbling to it, “I just want to have some quite time before bed.”

“Oh, I think I’m a nuisance then.” Minseok said jokingly.

Junmyeon chuckled and pecked Minseok’s cheek before pulling Minseok’s hand around, to make him walked around the couch before pulling him down to his laps, and wrapped his arms around the slightly smaller male. “No, I’m glad you’re here.” Junmyeon said affectionately.

Mnseok frowned and observed Junmyeon’s face before raised both of his hand to cup Junmyeon’s cheek. Minseok’s hands were cold, but Junmyeon still leaning to them. “How could you look older than me?’ Minseok asked as he turned Junmyeon’s face right and left, as if he wanted to see it from all angle.

Junmyeon faked a pout, and looking at Minseok with a fake hurtful expression. “it’s not my fault, even Sehun looks older than you.”

Minseok giggled and blazing his gummy smile before leaning forward to kiss the pout away from Junmyeon’s lips. “I was kidding, you still look as handsome as ever.”

Junmyeon starring at the smiling male in his arms and his heart swells at the sight. He must have done something right in his previous life to be able to meet someone like Minseok, even claimed him as his boyfriend. Minseok is really beautiful, mature, understanding and a good listener. He’s not only his boyfriend, but also his best friend, his team mate, his best partner, and basically, his life. Even during the hardest day, all he needs just one pat on the back, one graze of a hand, one peck on the lips, and everything would be more bearable. Minseok was like a magic to Junmyeon.

Slowly, Junmyeon closing the gap between their face, pulling Minseok closer by the waist, before his chapped lips finally met Minseok’s soft ones. The kiss was slow and relaxing, with gentle and little nibbling, enjoying their time in the quite living room, something that they couldn’t get so often.

Minseok raised his hands and rested them on the both side of Junmyeon’s neck, drawing some random pattern with his right thumb, sending shiver down to Junmyeon’s spine as Junmyeon pulled him even closer and deepened the kiss.

After what feels like forever, they finally broke the kiss, but Junmyon’s arm still tightly hugging Minseok by the waist. Junmyeon then buried his face in the crook of Minseok’s neck and inhaling his boyfriend’s scent deeply, “You smell nice.”

“I believe I smell just like everyone in this house.” Minseok replied, as he hugged the younger boy tightly in his arms.

“No,” Junmyeon murmured, “You smell like you.” And Minseok just let it go.

Minseok broke the hug earning a small whimper of protest from Junmyeon and lowered his gaze, searching Junmyeon’s eyes, “It’s late already, you have to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow.”

Junmyeon pouted like a kid, something he rarely does, but at that time, he wasn’t EXO’s leader, just a boy in front of his boyfriend.

Minseok smiled lovingly before kissed the pout away for the second time that night and planted a kiss on both of Junmyeon’s eye lids. “I’ll make you some warm tea, and you’ll go to bed after then, come on!” Minseok said as he removed himself from Junmyeon’s lap and pulled Junmyeon’s hand to make his boyfriend get up from the couch.

Junmyeon placed his chin on top of the back of his and on the dining table while watching Minseok’s back who busy making two cup of warm tea. His mind was wondering, still doubting his ability as a leader when Minseok’s words snapped him out to earth again. “The kids are worried about you.”

“Why would they?” Junmyeon asked without lifting his chin from his hand.

Minseok glanced over his shoulder to see Junmyeon’s expression before back to the tea and asked Junmyeon back, “Why wouldn’t they? You are their leader and you are acting weird these days, like you are avoiding them. Are you?”

“Leader....” Junmyeon repeated the word, what a strong word he thought.

Minseok placed two cup of tea on the table, one in front of Junmyeon and took a seat next to the sullen boy. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

Junmyeon finally lifted his head and now playing with his cup, debating with himself, about how to put his feeling in words, afraid that Minseok probably wouldn’t understand. But he knows well that Minseok wouldn’t let it go if he didn’t tell him, so he tried. “I don’t think I’m a good leader for them.”

Minseok raised his eyebrows, “Where is that coming from?”

“Just... I don’t know... I think Kris would make a better leader, the kids listen to him well...” Junmyeon answered, hands still playing with the cup.

Minseok sighed. He understands, really understand about what Junmyeon just said. Kris labeled as the group’s ‘dad’ not only for fun or for the sake of it, but it’s because he really do have that quality. He doesn’t even need to talk much, but everytime he talks, no one dare to talk back. And there are times when it seems like the members were fight for his attention. Minseok knows it well, because he was his leader for the whole last promotion. But it’s not like Junmyeon has a bad leadership skill. They’re just different.

Understanding something is one thing, but trying to make other people understand is a whole different thing.

Minseok reached out his hand and placed it on top of Junmyeon’s, trying to grab his attention. It worked. Junmyeon finally shifted his eyes from his cup to face Minseok.

“While I do agree that Kris is a good leader,” Minseok started, “It doesn’t mean that you’re any worse than him. You are you, you have different way to lead the group, and being different isn’t bad at all. And I believe the other members think the same too. Don’t be too hard on yourself.”

“I don’t know.... I was just...” Junmyeon began to talk, but Minseok cut him even before he finished.

“Stop! I know what you wanted to say. Now listen! You ARE a good leader, the boys love you, and none of them ever complained about your leadership. They were there, they are always there supporting you from behind, ready to comfort you when you needed it. Give them some credit, don’t doubt them. Give them a break, don’t make them to choose between you and Kris.”

“I didn’t mean to doubt them...”

“How could you even think about that anyway? When Kai and Sehun always following you like baby chicks, when Baekhyun always knocked on your hotel room when he didn’t want to sleep alone, and how Tao always claimed you like his personal belonging.”

Junmyeon chuckled, “Are you jealous?”

“Would you like it better if I’m not?”

“No, I like it when you’re jealous.” Junmyeon said with a genuine happy smile across his face.

Minseok snorted.

“Now,” Minseok said, “Drink the tea before it’s cold and let’s go to bed.”

“Will I get a goodnight kiss?” Junmyeon asked, earning a slap on the arm from Minseok. But Minseok still gave him his goodnight kiss anyway.

Junmyeon decided that, maybe, he’s indeed a good leader. Sure, the boys still not listening to him at times, but when the magnae trio came to him telling him a lot of random things, when Yixing and Luhan came to him asking him the meaning of this and that, when they all asked him to decide what menu to order for dinner, small things like that reminded him that however, he’s still their leader. And it’s actually nice.

 

 

 

a/n: IDK what is this *facepalm* Don’t kill me ;~; I'm just bored -____-;