The Way Life Works

Secrets, Lies & Betrayal

Chapter 1: The Way Life Works

------

[a/n: good luck to me neh? Fighting! Errors, grammars, & spelling may be present here, but just ignore them. As long as this update makes sense we're good right? Please be easy on me! ^_~]

------

It's amazing how life works. When we are born, we just don't know what kind of a life we expect to be in. Sometimes, we are put in the very best life that any humankind can offer and there are some that falls under hard circumstances where everyday seems like a hurdle they must go through. Not everyone are blessed with beauty, wealth and brain all together. However some are born with at least one of those characteristics BUT then there are also those who are born with nothing at all. 

Sometimes, all we can do is just be thankful that we are alive. And what we have, is what really matters to us. No matter how broken or incomplete we are, just be thankful that you and I are still alive.

Everyone in this world shares at least one thing in common in life. Along the way, as we grow old we meet new people. Some of those people we meet becomes part of our lives permanently and there are those who stays for quite some time and then leaves. Or what I call the temporary friends. They come and go in your life to the point as if they came into your life at all.

And as time goes, we learn a lot of things. We learn to value what is meaningful to us. We learn from the mistakes we make and hoped that we will never commit the same mistakes again. We learn to love and trust someone hoping they will be part of our forever. We learn to get hurt. We learn to forgive and forget and hope that something brighter in the future welcomes. We learn at some point to accept what life is all about.

The bitterness life brings and the sweetness it leaves for us to remember. That is pretty much how life works.

Some days we'll be on top, and there are those days where we will be at the bottom. And part of growing up we learn so much more to the point we actually feel what they all call the rollercoaster ride.

At some point in our lives, we also learn to hurt others as others had hurt us before. 

We learn to side with the evil once in awhile hoping to heal what's broken inside us.

We learn things that we aren't supposed to value.

Where we learn to keep secrets, tell a lie, and to betray those we love.

No matter how much you try to turn the world upside down, we will always come to a point where we will make those mistakes.

And sometimes we accept it, like it was the right thing to do.

When really, it is something we have come to be ashamed of and most of all regret.

Life is all about twist and turn.

We don't know where it will take us, especially with all the decisions we make.

And those we meet.

But most of all, we all know no one's life is perfect.

We are humans, who commit to mistakes, but a long the way we learn to accept and move on.

That's the way life works.

--------

Sandara Park

It's that time again, where college students rush their way to their first class of the day hoping to get a good seat. Most are not too happy of their first day after all it is a sign that summer had come to an end.

At this point, everyone in campus still have what they all call a hungover with the last week of partying just as freedom gets taken away. Some still has that constant buzz feeling in their system as if they're ready to withdraw from the real world just to be back to the good 'ole summer life. Where everyday consist of sleeping in, relaxing outside with friends and partying at night where sleep is not even required. 

Most of the returning students here know the rituals in campus and those who are new will surely have the time of their lives. Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors sure loves to challenge those upcoming freshmen. And that's one of the many few things they look forward to. Yes, one of the other reason why students here loves the college life.

When we say college, many adults think of it as the last stage in every teen's life where they will learn to be an adult. Yea right?!

But in a teenager's point of view, it is all about the college party. The wild frat or sorority parties that are thrown left to right. The budding relationships and the friends we've come to create along the way becomes the main subject. Of course who can live without the dramas and such. It's the main highlight of every college students' experience. The exciting part of everyone's life. 

To many, this is where the real life is all about. The creation of real memories where high school memories are long forgotten. It's true isn't it, that many think of college that way?

Well most, until you've finally experienced it. I surely got disappointed when I entered college since it wasn't what I expected to be, especially if you're just coming out of your shell.

But that was before, before I had met this guy name Kwon Jiyong. The first time I stepped into campus, many according to girls say that Kwon Jiyong is the "it guy". I really didn't understand them when they said that after all I've grown up in a family where I'm hidden and all from outsiders. I was put in my very own bubble where I can hardly escape from.

But they don't know that. I wouldn't tell anyone that part of me. Now that I'm Jiyong's girlfriend there is no way they'll know my secret. I have to live up to the expectation of the "it girl". The girl that has Kwon Jiyong falling head over heels for. 

"Hey," I snapped up from my thoughts as I felt his arms around me. Then slowly I felt his soft lips on my forehead making me close my eyes. Once he pulled away I looked at him with a huge smile on my face. "How was your summer?"

"It's not like we didn't spend it together," I giggled making him smile.

"Please hyung not right now," I glanced to my right and there I saw Seungri. Lee Seungri, I just met him this summer along with Jiyong's other friends. Seungri happens to be freshman here at our school. When Jiyong heard about Seungri attending our school, the guy had made lots of plans to torture the guy. Of course in a brotherly kind of way.

Jiyong told me that Seungri is like a brother of his own. I felt sadden when I heard his story and somehow something inside my heart was pricked as if I know what it felt like.

"Noona," I looked at him curious. "Do you know any girls I can hook up with?"

"Yah!" I gave him my noona-ly glare. "First of all, you need to focus! Remember you almost flunked high school?"

"Ayy!" he laughed. "I so did not closely flunk my senior year in high school."

"You so almost did," Jiyong pulled me into his arms. "Be thankful I have a smart, beautiful girlfriend here!"

"Yea... Yea... brag about it hyung!" Seungri tightened his hold on his backpack. "Well I am outta here!"

"You better go to your classes!" Jiyong yelled. "Or I will kick your !"

"Try if you can Jiyong hyung!" he looked back at us and smirked.

"He'll be fine!" I cooed earning a smile from him. "Are you taking me to my first class?"

"You didn't even have to ask," he teasingly planted his lips on mine for a second before pulling me along with him.

By now, I should really be used to people looking at us. Girls in particular, didn't really like my presence near Jiyong. Well, ever since I've become officially his girlfriend the hate I get from his fangirls had started. The first time, Jiyong had broadcasted to the whole campus about our relationship, the hate I get from his fangirls sure never ends. 

Just last year, I don't ever remember the hate notes I get inside my locker. Feeling overwhelmed about it, I didn't even dare use my locker afterwards anymore. So who knows how many hate notes I have in there. Just thinking about it is making me shiver. No matter how disgusted I am with the way his fangirls act, I couldn't do anything. 

As much as I wanted to, I was powerless.

And the constant glare they give me, as if they're ready to pull my hair and scratch my face. I should really be over it, but somehow I couldn't. It's not something I was accustomed to growing up. 

"It's okay," he whispered assuring me. Jiyong knew very well how much hate I am getting here. And no matter how rough last year was for us, he still remained at my side proving it to me that he'll do everything.

"I'm sorry," I murmured. "I should really be use to this."

"Hey," he stopped making me do the same. He cupped my face and looked deeply into my eyes. "Never say sorry to me okay? I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm not fighting hard enough."

"Nah," I smiled and gently I wrapped my arms around him. "Some just don't understand us."

"Who give a damn about them!" Jiyong uttered proudly. "It's you and me against the world baby. It will always be you."

"I know," I uttered lovingly.

"I love you Dara," he would tell me and it sure never fails to make my heart flutter. He has that effect on me. Kwon Jiyong effect I call it.

"I love you too, Jiyong," I said with all my heart. Telling him how much I love him is something I can speak of without doubting myself. I know for sure how much I love this guy in front of me.

Now, I can't even imagine my life without him. I need him, just like him needing me.

And just when he was about to kiss me, someone had bumped into us.

"Move lovebirds!" that voice that made me smile. I looked at Jiyong and he too was smiling. "This is a ing hallway not a bedroom!"

"What made you so angry this early noona?" Jiyong was already at it.

"Ji!" I tried to stop him.

"Don't mess with me Kwon!" she warned.

"Bommah are you okay?" I asked worried.

"Who would be okay?" she spat quite harshly. "It's the first day of school! Whoever created school should die!"

"Oh I bet that person already did!" Jiyong continued. I nudged him with my elbow making him fake a pain. I just glared at him hoping he'll behave after all unnie is not really good to mess with like this.

"Where's Top?" I asked making her shrugged.

"I don't know and who cares!" Bom exclaimed.

"Ouch!" all our heads turned hearing that familiar deep voice.

"Bro!" Jiyong extended his hand out making Top take it. And they both did this brotherly/friend kind of handshake. "Where have you been?"

"Oh out and about!" Top answered. I looked at Bom unnie and she still have that glare in her eyes. I knew something was wrong and anytime soon she'll do something she might regret on the first day.

"How about we go in our class unnie?" I suggested hoping she'll cool a bit. I mean her glare could kill.

She looked at me then at Top and once she saw the two in deep conversation she just nodded leading the way.

"Later babe," I sneakily planted a kiss on Jiyong's cheek making him stop from talking. And just when I was about to move away, he pulled me closely to him and crashed his lips on mine.

"Screw you man!" I heard Top mumbled, but I didn't care since Jiyong's lips had captured and locked me.

I let him savor my lips, allowing me to enjoy his too. The familiar mint and cigarette lingered which I had gotten used to by now. But it wasn't about the taste I like, it's about how his mouth and tongue moves all over mine. Jiyong has this way of making me lose my moment bringing me to some place else.

"I should go in," I whispered trying to catch my breath.

"Hmm..." he hoarsely replied catching his own breath too. "I love you baby."

"I love you too," I smiled looking directly in his eyes.

"Later then," he tucked the lose hair behind my ear and planted his lips one last time on mine. And once he was off of me, he winked at me and made his way out of the English hall.

"Oh Jiyong," I called his name.

Once class started, Bom unnie had barely talked to me. She ranted about how long it took me to get in class when clearly I told her that we should go first. For sure, I am taking toll of whatever Top had done to make unnie like this. The girl is cranky as hell as if she's in her PMS days.

"Are you really okay unnie?" I murmured but the girl just shrugged again.

Top had tried talking to her, but she would ignore him like he's some kind of disease. Something she shouldn't be touching. I found it odd, how they're like this when last week they were all over each other.

For sure, something wrong have happened.

But do I really want to know?

--------

Park Bom

If he was the last living creature in the world, I wouldn't mind killing him. Choi SeungHyun, aka Top in school has been a pain in my eyes ever since last week.

I was gone for two days to visit my parents before school started and there I came back to our apartment utterly shocked.

It was no secret in this school, that Top had gone to a drug rehabilitation last year. This was the reason why he and I are back into this class that we would have gotten rid of last year.

His addiction had started in the late year of our senior year in high school and with all my help he was able to graduate. But during our freshmen years, his situation didn't go well yet I still stuck myself beside him trying to help him out. And not until last year during our sophomore year did I made the right choice.

Along with his parents, we decided to get him help.

And just when I thought things were in the right path, I didn't realize things would start again.

Two days before school had started, I had walked on him high as hell and he didn't even bother hiding it from me. I confiscated everything he had and also warned him about me leaving him which had become a wake up call for him. Or at least it has alwaybs been my threat.

Now, he's trying to say his sorry, when really I don't even know where to begin. I'm stunned seeing him back in his old self and this scared me knowing it's coming back again.

People in this whole campus know me for being strong. A lot think I can handle all the challenges God would throw at me. Some may even think I have no tears left to shed anymore since I am that strong.

When really, I am weak and all my tears had dried out on me. I found out that there is no use in crying when it didn't help me cope at all.

Most people admire me for being strong and how much I had stood beside Top when all along I was ready to let go. If only my heart didn't stop me, I would have long left the man alone. I didn't realize how much pain I'd feel being with him. I didn't realize how much strength I needed to hold onto to carry on what Top and I have.

I didn't realize how much lies we needed to carry in this relationship just so everyone think we are doing alright.

I love him dearly, but sometimes it hurts to know that his lies is what's killing us both.

In this school, I pretty much only have Dara and Jiyong. I've met Dara last year, when she decided to help me out. Jiyong happened to be friends with Top which I didn't realized it until he started helping me out.

Apparently, Jiyong was clueless about Top's addiction. I wouldn't be surprise however, after all it isn't something I would be proud of sharing to anyone.

My parents, it's only a miracle that they have asked me to visit them this last few days. When they heard my boyfriend, was a drug addict, they had told me to breakup with him.

Of course I disobeyed them since I love Seunghyun. There was no way I would drop him just like that. He needed me at that crucial moment of his life, and now that things are starting to come back. I feel like leaving him before was probably the best idea to do.

And that somehow I regret disobeying my parents.

But this is Seunghyun, the man I love. I can't find myself to just let him go.

No matter how broken he is, I'll always end up trying to fix whatever it was broken in him.

That's how much I love him. I just hope he'd feel the same way too.

"Please baby talk to me," he looked at me pleadingly. "I'll make it up to you."

"You and I will discuss this later at home!" I hissed hoping he'd get my messaged. And once it's been said, he looked away and tried focusing on the lecture. It's really what I needed right now. I looked at my other side and found Dara looking at me sadly. And all I could do is faintly smile at her. 

I can't afford to tell her this now.

Not when people are around us.

But what other lies can I offer to tell her.

--------

Lee Chaerin

Eyes after eyes are on me, it's something that I am used to. I've been in the spotlight many times and this whole looking at me doesn't bother me at all. I had hoped for a calm college life, away from my parents who had nagged continuously about me going to a prestigious school. They wanted me somewhere closer to them which I declined to right away.

I wanted to experience the real college life where moving is required. And now that I am in one, I feel like it is me against the world.

I decided to move to a different city since I know how awful my parent's marriage is going on right now. Even though they remain quiet about it, I know how bad it is turning into and I know divorce will come along the way.

And I didn't want to be in that mess. At least not now.

I needed to enjoy my youth and this is the only best choice I can make even if it meant moving far from the people I know.

Friends... nope, just the maids and butler whom I know, just them. I was never a favorite in my school and that was another reason why I chose to move and go to a different college. I didn't want to have to act around them like we were all close.

The stares I am getting is probably from what I'm wearing. I'm pretty much dress to a different occassion something you wouldn't find in the first day of school. However this is the real me. It's the real Lee Chaerin they'll ever see.

I'm not bothered with the looks I get from the clothes I wear. It's the real me. What I wear is what I speak of.

All I came here for is an education that will hopefully lead me to my very own success, away from what my parents had. I didn't want to be their shadow or the so called heiress of their hard work. I want to make a name of my own and I'll do it in my own way.

"Is this seat taken?" I looked up and found a guy looking at me with a huge smile plastered in his face.

"Do you see anyone sitting on it?" I muttered dryly.

"Wow!" he settled himself down ignoring the sarcastic tone in my voice. "You're the first to give me that kind of tone!"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I spat feeling somewhat offended.

"Oh don't take it the wrong way Miss," he laughed. "It's just I've been getting lots of welcoming from the ladies! You know, I didn't expect you to be that cold to me."

"Are you done?" I tried not to get angry after all someone like this guy is only a waste of my time.

"Yes," he smirked. "You know what, I'm not done actually. I'm Lee Seungri, and you are...?"

Not interested," I looked at his extended hand and ignored it.

"Ouch!" he teased and pulled his hand back. "Either way I'll know your name by the end of this day."

"In your dreams!" I barked but that didn't scare him away. Instead he leaned back in his seat and smiled at me like I'm some kind of a show for him to watch.

Once the professor entered, everyone had settled in and the noise had died down. I just wanted to get this class over with so I can make my way to the art department. I'm excited about art than some kind of history class. I don't even know why this class was part of the general classes I needed to take.

What will I take on this history if I'm trying to become a fashion designer.

"So what are you majoring at?" I heard him asked.

"It's called, none of your business," I answered looking at him uninterested.

"Nice! I'm thinking of that too," he chuckled.

"Okay class, I will need to do attendance for this first day! I know exciting stuff!" the teacher uttered sarcastically. "Then after that screw this attendance sheet and we'll carry on with the real stuff! So listen carefully for your name and say present like we're in kindergarten again!"

At that moment I wanted to die, as the teacher started to look over her sheet. Imagine fifty names to be called, that's already five minutes of my life right there!

"Lee Chaerin!" our teacher called my name.

"Here!" I raised my hand.

"Lee Seungri," the teacher called and I expected the guy next to me to raise his hand as well.

"Right here present Ma'am!" he proudly uttered earning a few giggles from the girls. Show off!

He looked at me smiling as if he had won the jackpot. And based on the look on his face, he was up to something.

Class went by faster and I was sure ready to fly out of my chair. I was ready to fall asleep in that class and the bell had surely saved me.

And just when I was ready to walk out, I felt his hand on my arm stopping me from moving.

"Don't touch me!" I shrugged his hand off, but he only held my arm tighter.

"It's nice to meet you Chaerin-ah," he winked then he had let go of my arm. "I'll see you around!" And once he was out the door, there it hit me what he meant he'll know my name.

Once he was out the door, I bit my lips hard trying not to let that growing angry growl in me out. I needed to act normal and I am not about to do anything embarrassing. I chanted something inside my head hoping not to let this Seungri guy into my nerves. I don't need him messing with me. 

I don't need any hindrance in my future and in my career.

Not even...

Lee Seungri.

As I got myself calmed, I can't help but smile.

It just came to me all of sudden.

And yet I don't know why.

I don't know why I am smiling.

 

---------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Yay! I got the girls out of the way! hehehe next are the guys! Anyway I hope you all don't mind me making a new fic. I'm actually thinking things over. Don't mind me lol weird thoughts. Overwhelming thoughts that is.

Anyway what do you think of my new 2NEBANG fic? I'm not including DaeZy couple and/or Taeyang with other girls. I want to focus on this three main OTP. But I will include them too in this story, but not as couples and main issue.

So what do you think this will be? I have this whole idea in mind and I hope I can lay them out in writing. I know in parts of our life, we have experience all those three things. Whether it is us or them who has done it, but we have experienced it. Also it doesn't matter whether its in a relationship or friendship. Things happen and sometimes we are lured into the bad side. Now don't lie to me! hehehe It's okay, it just proves us that we're humans.

We learn from it all anyway... Right? So what are the secrets, lies and betrayal here? We'll find out soon! 

Thank you all for reading! I hope this first chapter got you intrigue with what will happen to them. Thanks for being patience as well! To those who subscribed, thank you! And those who commented thank you as well! For now I am off! Will update when I get the chance to! Thanks again everyone!

Love you all,

SeungsKa!