You & I

Heartful Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been three days since the start of the second term, and Sooyoung is already dreading the rest of the school year. It isn’t because she hates school, surprisingly enough, but rather she misses the amount of free time she had during the break; she misses spending it however she wanted, with whomever she wanted… mostly her significant other.

At the moment, Sooyoung is resting her cheek against the desk as she grudgingly takes notes. Although one would not believe that Sooyoung is taking notes from the looks of her expression and lazy posture, the girl is attentively pay attention to the teacher, although only with her ears.

A piece of folded binder paper lands on her notebook, causing Sooyoung to look to the right of her. Her right-sided neighbor, Kwon Yuri, who also happened to be her girlfriend, is smiling brightly while facing forward, but Sooyoung knows Yuri well enough that the other girl is just pretending to pay attention. Taking the note Yuri threw at her, Sooyoung opens it and begins to read the message.

 

Lunch on the roof today?

 

Sooyoung rolls her eyes, but smiles to herself. She writes her reply and swiftly passes the note back to Yuri without the teacher noticing, thankful their seats for the term are in the back of the room.

 

Yuri, we always have lunch together on the roof. You don’t even need to ask.

 

She could hear her girlfriend slightly chuckling before scribbling down her response. Yuri throws the note at Sooyoung, but accidently hits Sooyoung in the head, causing the latter to wince. Sooyoung playfully glares at Yuri, who mouths her an apology. Sooyoung glances back down at the note thrown and proceeds to read.

 

I know. I just wanted an excuse to pass you a note ^^ You help me stay awake in class keke!

 

An amused smile crosses Sooyoung’s face, already beginning to write her next note.

For the remainder of class, Sooyoung and Yuri stealthily pass notes to each other, keeping themselves entertained throughout the teacher’s boring lecture. When the bell finally rings, the teacher dismisses the class, and Sooyoung and Yuri silently rejoice as they pack up their things. As they walk towards the door, they meet up with their fellow classmates, Tiffany and Yoona, who sit in front of the class.

“Oh man. That history lecture was so boring. I really hope our teacher changes how he teachers, otherwise I’m going to have to struggle to stay awake every day,” Tiffany complains as the four friends leave the classroom.

 “He reminds me of Mrs. Heo from our first year… Always talking and making us take notes every single day,” Yuri comments with disdain.

“Thank God Yuri and I are seated in the back of the room,” Sooyoung says. “We can find ways to entertain ourselves. I bet he won’t even notice us because he’s so engrossed in his own lecture.”

“You guys are lucky. Yoona and I are stuck in the front, experience all the boring glory in all its splendor,” Tiffany snorts. Her comment makes the other three laugh.

“As much as I want to continue ranting how boring our classes are so far, I’m hungry. Anyone want to come with me to the cafeteria to buy some food?” Yoona asks everyone.

“I’ll join you,” Tiffany volunteers with a raised hand. “I didn’t have time to pack lunch this morning.”

“We’ll head off to the roof first and meet you guys there,” Yuri says. Yoona and Tiffany nod in unison and walk off in the opposite direction.

Hand in hand, Sooyoung and Yuri hurry to a rooftop section of the school, a favorite place of theirs during lunch and as a hangout place in general. They race each other up the several flights of stairs, with Yuri being the victor at the top. Slightly panting, Yuri opens the door and is greeted by the sun’s warm and welcoming rays.

“I win again,” Yuri grins triumphantly.

Unlike Yuri, Sooyoung is having a more difficult time catching her breath. “Shush… I’m not as fit as you. You run every day in the afternoon…”

“Then why do you bother racing me in the first place?” Yuri asks with a laugh.

More panting. “Good question…” Sooyoung breathes, earning another fit of laughter from her girlfriend.

After settling down and sitting on their picnic blanket, they begin to eat their lunches while waiting for Tiffany and Yoona. The couple sits so close to each other, their hips connect. Due to their grumbling and hungry stomachs, Sooyoung and Yuri finish their food before their friends join them.

“Mmmm, Omma’s cooking was delicious today,” Sooyoung happily sighs, patting her belly. Yuri giggles as she puts down her chopsticks. The taller girl raises a questioning eyebrow as her girlfriend shifts over and moves behind her. Sooyoung feels her face warming up when she feels Yuri looping her arms around her waist and rests her chin on her shoulder. Sooyoung feels even more embarrassed when Yuri’s cheek touches her own, and knows the latter can feel her warm blush. “Y-Yuri…”

“Yeah?” Yuri murmurs softly.

“…Nevermind,” Sooyoung ends up whispering. She slightly leans back into Yuri’s embrace, enjoying the feeling of being close to the other girl. Sooyoung always loves the way Yuri back-hugs her.

Yuri gives her a squeeze. “Sooyoung-ah…”

“Hmm…?” Sooyoung slowly begins to face Yuri, when suddenly her nose brushes against Yuri’s. Sooyoung finds herself staring into Yuri’s mesmerizing black pearls, peering through half-closed eyelids. Her own eyes automatically begin to close as she feels Yuri leaning in closer, her girlfriend’s gentle breathing already on her lips.

“GOD, THAT LINE WAS SOOO LONG. Remind me to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter