Seungho - Pregnant

MBLAQ Imagines/One Shots

You anxiously sat on your couch with the sonogram results in your hands. You kept staring at the little picture. You had gotten the feeling you might be pregnant about a week ago when you started getting sick frequently. You went to the doctor to find out, and sure enough, you were pregnant.

You took a deep breath. Were you ready to be a mom? You knew you wanted children, but already? You and Seungho hadn’t even been married a year yet. What if you weren’t ready? What if he wasn’t ready? Obviously Seungho wanted children too, everyone knew that. But did he want them so soon? True he wanted to be a young father, but part of you thought it was too soon. You should be married for a few years before having children. You contemplated ripping the picture up before you realized that wouldn’t stop you from being pregnant.

You were still lost in your thoughts when Seungho came in. He called for you, but you didn’t reply. He came in to the living room to find you on the edge of the couch staring at something. He crept up behind you hoping to surprise you, but he was the one that was surprised. He saw the picture in your hands and knew instantly what it meant.

“Baby” he said softly from behind you. You spun around to see him. He didn’t saying more, just stared at you and the picture in your hand. You felt your heart sink. It was too soon. He didn’t want you to be pregnant yet, did he? Tears swelled in your eyes. If he had been happy, you would’ve found the strength for this. Instead he just stared. You quickly got up, leaving the picture on the coffee table, and ran to the bathroom, locking the door behind you.

It took Seungho a moment to come to his sense. He watched you run away, confused. He picked the picture up and smiled at it. You were pregnant. He was going to be a father. He was going to have a child, and not just any child, he was the father of your child. The two of you were going to have a baby. He felt happier than he had in his entire life. He put the picture down and quickly followed after you. He knocked gently on the door and called to you.

“Baby? Please let me in.” He said softly.

“No!” You said between sobs. “You’re upset and I can’t deal with that right now!”

“Upset? Why would I be upset? We’re having a baby! We need to celebrate!” Now you were confused. He sounded happy, but his reaction earlier didn’t seem happy. You got up slowly and opened the door to see him smiling from ear to ear. He wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his chest. “I can’t believe we are going to have a baby! I’m so happy!” He kissed your forehead. You pulled away from him a bit, confused.

“But, you didn’t say anything earlier. I thought you were mad.”

“How could I be mad? I was shocked, thats all. We weren’t really trying for a baby, so I was surprised that you were pregnant, but I’m very happy about it. Now please smile for me, this should be a happy time.” You started laughing at your own stupidity, wiping your tears away.

“Oppa do you really think we’re ready for this? I know you’ll be a good dad. But what if I’m a bad mom?” Seungho smiled at you and kissed you.

“You will be a wonderful mom. And when things are hard, we have each other to rely on. Now let’s go out and celebrate.”