Part 2 ♥

The Girl Who Can't Ride A Bike

Part 2


The ray of light that passed through the curtain woke Yeon Hee up. She looked at the clock and its 5 am. She happily stretched and fixed her bed. The used to be ordinary day became extra special for her for some reasons. The mixed feelings she had in her heart made her happy than the usual though there was fear on learning how to bike, it was overpowered excitement.

The class ended early that day so the first session started early and as expected it's harder than she thought. She had a hard time riding the bike. Her hands suddenly tremble as she put her hand on the handle. She would look at Jung Kook before she tried pedalling. Jung Kook was expecting that Yeon Hee would learn fast since she’s good at everything but it’s not, it’s like they are starting from scratch. She’s like a child that’s scared to go forward and asking for her mother’s help and Jung Kook found it cute.

Jung Kook went near her and said, “Hold onto the handle.”

She did what he said and was shocked when he suddenly leaned in and held her hand.

                She immediately blushed and said, “Yah, what are you doing?”

                “I’m teaching you how to ride a bike,” he said as he smiles.

Her heartbeat became faster when she heard his voice, he smelled like cherry blossoms.  Yeon Hee mentally beat herself because of what she’s thinking.

                “Put you feet on the pedal and start pedalling, I’ll help you in keeping your balance,” he said.

                Yeon Hee was a bit hesitant and said, “What if I fall?”

                “Don’t worry, you won’t because I am here for you, I’ll catch you when you fall,” he said as he smiles.

                “Such sweet words,” she silently muttered.

Yeon Hee started pedalling and was astonished that she was staring to move. Jung Kook slightly lets go of her, she was able to keep her balance but all of sudden started to lose control of the bike. Good thing, Jung Kook was just behind her and was able to hold onto her. She put her feet on the ground and Jung Kook let go of her hand.

                “That was close,” he said as he sits on the ground.

Yeon Hee parked the bike and ran sat beside Jung Kook.

                She excitedly said, “I was able to move, even though that was only a few steps. I was able to move!”

                Jung Kook laughed and said, “Yes, you were great but you’ve got a long way to go, student.”

                She sweetly smiled and made a saluting motion and said, “Yes, teacher.”

A few days passed by and Yeon Hee was able to go to and fro the lawn. Jung Kook felt proud that she started to learn the basics even though it took a few days for her to learn while the you can only learn how to ride a bike in a couple of hours. A sudden thought came into his mind, and that was the real reason why Yeon Hee was hesitant on learning the bike.

Yeon Hee woke up early as usual. She went straight to the kitchen and was greeted by Mr. Kim and the maids. Though she’s rich, she didn’t grow up as a spoiled brat. She said she wanted to be responsible and independent. She cooks her own food and help in some of the chores though the maid tried to stop her she kept on insisting that’s why they just let her do it.  And today she decided to make Jung Kook a lunch as well. She’s quite confident with her cooking skills so she had no problem doing it. Mr. Kim noticed that Yeon Hee is doing another lunch box; he secretly smiled and chuckled as he leaves her alone since that was the first time he saw Yeon Hee did these kinds of things. It was the first time Mr. Kim saw Yeon Hee that happy.

After that got ready for school, she left early as usual to greet a less amount of people. She doesn’t want too much attention that’s why she goes to school 30-45 minutes earlier. She then looked at the lunch box and thought of a method on how to give it to Jung Kook. The same time she went out of the gate is the arrival of Jung Kook.

                “Song Yeon Hee, good morning!” he said as he smiles.

A sudden beating of the heart made Yeon Hee’s cheeks turned light pink, “G-good morning.”

Then she handed the lunch box and said, “Umm, here you go. For the trouble that I am causing these passed few days.”

Jung Kook was shocked and can’t utter a single word.

Then he pointed to himself and said, “For me, really? This is the first time someone cooked for me.”

                He cheerfully smiled and said, “Thank you very much, Yeon Hee.”

He offered her to ride the bike but she refused.

                “This would lessen your fear from riding a bike. Hurry up before I change my mind,” he teasingly said.

Yeon Hee who doesn’t have any choice rode the bike and off they went off.

That day, the lesson was taken into a higher level. Yeon Hee is going to ride the bike in the streets. Jung Kook made sure that she’s safe by giving her kneepads, elbow protector and a helmet. Yeon Hee started pedalling, she was happy about it since she can already go forward. She was going to fast that Jung Kook wasn’t able to keep up with her pace.

She started panicking and before Jung Kook could go save her he said, “Don’t forget to hit the brakes.”

Jung Kook immediately went to where she bumped into. She was lying on the ground which made Jung Kook shocked.

He checked on her and said, “Are you okay? Yah, answer me. Use the brakes, you idiot. If you don’t, you’ll die. Remember that, okay”

 Yeon Hee started laughing and said, “I failed and fell down. It feels good. I want to do it one more time. I want to succeed on this one. ”

                Jung Kook helped her up and said, “That’s right, you need to stand up every time you fall, learn from it and continue doing it until you succeed.”

Yeon Hee felt determined and tried again and didn’t give up every time she falls. Though there are bruises on her arms and legs, she didn’t bother because it is a proof that she’s working hard and with that she becomes more determined on learning. Jung Kook felt happy seeing her that determined. The wild beating of his heart that he can’t explain whenever he sees Yeon Hee became louder as he sees her doing her best.

After a month, Yeon Hee was able to ride the bike. Jung Kook was so proud of himself that he was able to teach her how to ride the bike, now, she’s perfect and there’s nothing she can’t do. He decided to treat Yeon Hee something for succeeding. He asked Yeon Hee to meet him outside their gate at 6pm and he’ll bring her somewhere. Yeon hee brought the bike with her and they went to Jung Kook special place. It’s a place where you can see the whole city; you can perfectly see the sunset and the cherry blossom alley. Yeon Hee was really happy; she was astounded by the beauty of the city.

                “Congratulations!” Jung Kook said as he gave her a gift.

She was shocked; it was a necklace with a bike as a pendant.

She immediately wears it and said, “Thank you very much. I am so touched. I am the one who should be thankful because of you. I don’t know how can I ever repay your kindness.”

Jung Kook blushed and said, “You can.”

Yeon Hee looked at him and said, “How?”

He looked into her eyes and said, “By telling me the reason why you don’t want to ride a bike.”

“I noticed that while teaching you, you were refusing to learn even though you wanted to. There is something that stopping you from doing so, I want to know it but if it’s too personal, I don’t mind it. But I would really appreciate it if you tell me,” he added as he smiles.

He looked away since he knew that Yeon Hee won’t spill a thing since they are not that close yet. So he’s expecting her to say something else.

Yeon Hee took a deep breath and looked at the same direction as Jung Kook and said, “The reason I hated or refused from learning the bike is because my mother died because of it. It was my entire fault. I was learning how to ride back then when I was a kid. I was able to ride it in a matter of minutes but then I was able to control it and didn’t notice a truck was passing. Then all I remembered was, I was lying on the ground and my mother was lying on the street covered with blood.”

She started tearing up but was able to stop it, Jung Kook was about to stop her but she insisted to talk, “After that, I was traumatized and can’t eat for a month. I was scared to see a sight of a bike. I was treated by psychologist and was able to overcome my fears. After that I tried to learn on my own but it seems like my body was rejecting touching the object. As you’ve seen, I trembled while riding it when I started learning.”

Jung Kook pulled her wrist and hugged her, “I am sorry for making you remember an awful memory. I am sorry.”

Yeon Hee laughed and said, “It’s okay. At least I had a wonderful memory to counter it with.”

Jung Kook let go from the hug and they rode the bike going home and decided to walk towards the street leading to Yeon Hee’s house.

                Yeon Hee thought of something and said, “Can I ask you something?”

                “What is it?” Jung Kook said as he turned his head.

                Yeon Hee’s face turned red and said, “Is there someone you like?”

                Jung Kook smile and said, “Of course. I do. Like doesn’t suffice it, it is that love can explain it.”

Then she realized they were already in front of her house. She didn’t bother to ask anymore because she doesn’t want to break her heart, the moment Jung Kook told her to ride his bike, she realized that she was starting to have a crush on him and eventually she fell deeper in love with him. She bid him goodbye and started to walk away from him.

                Then Jung Kook said, “The person that I love... she’s cute when she smiles, she’s unpredictable, she’s short tempered, she’s strong and willing to help other people... ”

Tears suddenly fall down from Yeon Hee’s eyes. She turned around and saw Jung Kook standing in front of her.

                “She’s so persistent on learning, her determination is her cute point, and she’s the perfect girl in school yet can’t ride a bike. What people can’t see, I was able to see it and that is she’s just a short-tempered girl whose perfect for being who she is,” he said as he playfully smile.

                He wiped her tears and cupper her face and gave her a sweet and lingering kiss.

                “The person I love is just right in front of me, and it is you, the girl who can't ride a bike, Song Yeon Hee.”

       I hugged him and said, "I love you, too. Flower boy Jeon Jung Kook."

Anyeong, everyone. Sorry for keeping you wait again *bows* I feel so happy that many of you read my story *tears* This is the last part of the story *sobs* I was having fun when I was writing this story. I tried my best to write this so thatnk you for supporting me. ILOVEYOUALL! <3 For those who want to read my other fic, here it is, 'FORGOTTEN MEMORIES'. To all the EXO fans out there, especially to all Chanyeol biased, feel free to read it :) It's highly appreciated :) Kekeke.