Part 1 ♥

The Girl Who Can't Ride A Bike

Part 1


She is known as the most perfect girl in school.  She is well-known for being good-looking, rich, having a nice attitude,  being good in sports, academics.  People keep saying that there is nothing that she cannot ever do. But they never knew one thing and that is she can’t ride a bike.

“Good morning, Yeon Hee!,” these are the words that she kept on hearing every morning. She just greeted them like the usual. As she walks towards her room she overheard some students taking about her.

                “I heard that she aced another test,” one student said.

                “Eh?! She’s been in the first place since elementary, no one can ever beat her,” another added.

She just pretended that she did not hear them. Every person in their school knows her. In their eyes, every aspect of her is perfect. She went inside the room and the normal routine happened in her daily life. Hanging out with friends, listening to boring lectures, daydreaming and drawing things in her notebook, isn’t this the things typical and normal students do? She kept on saying to her friends that she's just a normal student like anyone else but in their eyes she is perfect. She don’t really care but she wanted to be treated as a normal person just for once.

At last her favorite hour of they day is already here, the dismissal. She really wanted to go home since she feels so sleepy. Like the usual, many people want to walk her home but she declined. She was walking down the streets then she saw someone being bullied by the delinquents. These delinquents never learned their lessons.

                “Hey, kid. Give us your bike,” the leader said.

                “I will never hand you my bike,” he proudly said but he really looks like he’s scared.

                “You”, what did you just say? How dare you say something like that to our leader,” the other member.

The leader just gave him a sign to shut his mouth.

                “YAH. If you want to have a peaceful life, just give us this bike," the leader gave him a scary look but still he didn't move.

She felt bad just watching from a far. Then the leader got angry and was about to punch him when she blocked his hands. They were all shocked to see her acting as a shield.

                "Hey missy, if you don't want to hurt that beautiful face of yours you better stay away RIGHT NOW!!!," the leader shouted.

She bowed down and thanked him for calling her pretty which made him more annoyed. He was about to slap her face when she blocked his hand and gave him a Brazilian kick.

 The other member recognized her face and said, "Boss, she's the national champion in Hapkido. You can't win against her."

The leader didn't hear it and continued to fight her but he couldn't stand a chance.

When he was exhausted, the leader's eyes became bigger when he realized who she was and immediately bowed down and said, "I'm sorry, ma'am. I will never ever ruin this guy's life again."

They eventually ran far away.

She turned around smiling and asked, "Are you okay?"

She was shocked when she saw the school's flower boy, Jeon Jung Kook. She never thought it was him because when she helped him, she didn't notice his face.

He held her hands and said, "How did you do that you're amazing, Song Yeon Hee!"

My heart suddenly beat faster than usual, that's weird. I suddenly liked it when he called my name.

"You know me?," she said.

He nodded and said,"Of course, who would not know you, you're the most perfect girl in school."

Her heart sank down, she was a bit disappointed when he said that. She bowed down and told him to be careful. She started walking far away from him. When she noticed someone following him, she ignored him.

"Umm, thank you again for helping me," he said.

"No problem," she said ending the conversation.

He started to blow his bangs while thinking of something to say. He kept on saying many things that made Yeon Hee a bit annoyed.

"Rich girls should be fetch by fancy cars but you're different. You preferred walking," Jung Kook said.

She glared at him,"God gave me two legs, why not use it?"

He just laughed and said,"Song Yeon Hee, the most perfect girl in school, is a short-tempered girl."

I stopped and  pouted at him, "What do you want? Jeon Jung Kook!"

He was startled and suddenly blushed which she finds so cute and stuttered, "I- You- You ride my bike."

I gave him a 'What?' look.

He looked at me and said, "I want you to ride with me in this bike as a token of gratitude."

She kept on refusing but he insisted. She eventually gave in because of his persistence. She sat down and hold onto the seat.

He said,"You better hold onto me if you want to live."

She was shocked by what he said before she could say anything, he started pedaling and drove in full speed.

She then hysterically shouted, "YAAAH~ Jeon Jung Kook!"

She wrapped her arms around his waist and closed her eyes. Jung Kook suddenly felt a warm and fuzzy feeling in his heart. Yeon Hee, opened her eyes and was amazed by the beauty of the surroundings, she felt like flying while riding the bike. The wind passing through them was so refreshing. Everything went into slow motion when they passed by the road filled with cherry blossom trees. A small and sweet smile was formed on her cherry red lips, she stole a glance to Jung Kook who is smiling while pedaling the bike.

"If you keep staring at me like that, I might melt," Jung Kook teasingly said.

Yeonhee's face became bright red and said,"I- I am not staring at you."

They arrived in Yeon Hee's house.

"How did you know I lived here?," Yeon Hee said.

"I use this road as a shortcut when I am going to school and most of the time I happened to see you," he said as he smiles.

Yeon Hee rang the doorbell and said, "Mr. Kim, I have a guest. Please let us in."

Jung Kook was surprised by what she said.

"You don't want to?" Yeon Hee said as she was about to enter.

Jung Kook went down from his bike and walked toward Yeon Hee. He was surprised to see how big her house is. Their wealth is really no joke.

They were welcomed by their housekeeper and butler.

Mr. Kim toured Jung Kook around the house while she changes her clothes.

"Your house is so big!" Jung Kook said filled with amazement.

"No, it's not. This is only one-fourth of milady's main house in Jeju.," Mr. Kim said as she smiles.

Jung Kook was dumdfounded.

They reached the tea room and then Jung Kook looked around and saw paintings and pictures of a man and a lady with a bike.

Then Mr. Kim said, "It's milady's parents."

A small o was formed in Jung Kook's mouth.

"Mr. Jung Kook, are you milady's friend?" Mr. Kim said as he pour some tea.

Jung Kook sheepishly rubbed his nape and said, "I am not her friend, I am more of a stranger to her. We just met a while ago, she saved me when I was bullied by some delinquents."

Mr. Kim smiled,"Milady, never brought any of her friends home. I know she had lots of friends but I know she's having a hard time telling them how she really feels. She is just trying to be happy but deep inside she is very lonely."

Jung Kook smiled and thought of something. Yeon Hee opened the door and saw Mr. Km and Jung Kook having a good time. Yeon Hee smiled and told Mr. Kim to bring them some of the cake left yesterday.

Silence was dominant inside the room. It made Jung Kook a bit uncomfortable since he was known for being talkative in school.

He broke the silence and said, "You look pretty in that dress."

Yeon Hee blushed and said, "Thank you."

She chuckled and Jung Kook asked what's so funny.

She then said, "No wonder many girls fall for you, you like to keep on saying compliments and use sweet words with them."

Jung Kook suddenly became beet red and said, "Even though I have so many admirers none of them appealed them."

He throws back the same question which made Yeon Hee smile.

She said, "I am still finding the right person who would treat her as normal person not someone special or perfect. All I ever wanted is to be treated as a normal girl."

Jung Kook smiled and said, "I have been thinking of this since a while ago, why don't you ride a bike instead of walking home. It's much easier than walking and your house is a bit distant in our school. Why not ride a bike? I saw a room-filled with bike earlier. You can use one of them."

Yeon Hee tried to avert the conversation by saying, "It's my father's collection. I can't use them."

Jung Kook wondered and said, "I heard from Mr. Kim that you can use any of those bikes since your father wanted those bike to be useful."

Yeon Hee became quiet thinking of something to help her avert that topic which made Jung Kook think then he laughed.

"Could it be...You can't ride a bike!," he said as he chuckle.

" I had reasons why I can't ride a bike. Now that you now, you can laugh at me. It's so silly right, such a simple thing that I can't do. Go on laugh at me, see I am not perfect at all," Yeon Hee said as sigh.

Then Jung Kook looked at her in disbelief and said, "You really can't? I was just kidding a while ago."

Yeon Hee put her hand on and looked away. Then Jung Kook asked her to tell the reasons but she refused to do so.

He stood up and smile, "Don't worry, I'll teach you how to ride a bike."

Yeon Hee's face became brighter.

"Really? Are you sure you want a student like me?," she said.

Jung Kook nodded. He said that he would teach her every afternoon after school. The first session would be in their backyard at first since it's big enough to teach her the basics. After that Jung Kook bid goodbye and went home.

Yeon Hee can't explain the happiness that she could feel wishes for tomorrow to come.

Hello, everyone! I'm sorry for posting this after a month. I kind of lost the notebook where I wrote this story and was not sure of the flow but right now, I saw it. YAY! I made the oneshot into parts since it would be kind of long if I post it as a whole. I am currently doing the other half so. Wait for it in a bit :) I am so happy to see that a lot of people subscribed to this story :) KAMSAHAMNIDA! *bows* I love you guys so much :) I hope you'd like the first part. :) I am very sorry for making you wait *bows* Have a good day everyone! :)

BTW, here's Jung Kook to say, "The person reading this fic, please wait."