Photos

Purple Desire

She walked into the room, smiles all over her face. She put all the books she brought on the table, took a board marker from her pencil case and started to write something.

 

Jimin grinned, he nudged Hoseok who sat next to him. Hoseok rolled his eyes, and he turned his head to Taehyung who sat across to him. Taehyung shrugged, “Why me?” he whimpered in low voice.

 

“Oh come on!” Jimin puffed his cheeks annoyingly.

 

Taehyung sighed. He raised his hand, “Excuse me?”

 

She turned her body, “Ya?”

 

“Uhm… one of us, actually really want to know about…” Taehyung hung his words. The two boys squished their hands under the desk. She lifted one of her eyebrows, “About? Aristotle? Or Archimedes?”

 

Taehyung shook his head, “No. Aristotle is great, so does Archimedes but…it’s not about it.”

 

“So?”

 

“Uhmm..” Taehyung bit his lips. It wasn’t a big deal for him but he just couldn’t ask it right away. Jimin stared at him, nervously. Hoseok rubbed the bridge of his nose, cover his cheeks those turned reddish.

 

I opened the door ajar, walking to the room. I took a pair of desk and chair to sit on, and put my backpack on the desk. I looked up around. She stared at me, “You are late again, Jeongguk.”

 

I knew Taehyung was about to saying something and I was purposely get into the room at that timing. I took a look at those three boys and they seemed pissed off. I laughed at myself.

 

“Jeon Jeongguk, do you ever listen to me? This is the fourth time you came late,” she tapped her board marker to my desk, I looked up, “And? Are you going to scold me?”

 

Jimin got up and hissed, “Hey can’t you be polite to noona!?”

 

“Oh, is she your noona?” I asked.

 

I could feel the atmosphere became cold and awkward. She stepped backwards and sat on her seat. I took my book and started to take a note what she has written on whiteboard.

 

The room was died silent, I pretended nothing happened and jotting down the notes. Meanwhile the three next to me whispering each other, and I could feel that they were talking behind my back.

 

I didn’t care, though.

 

“Oh, Taehyung, what are you going to ask, a moment ago?” asked her. She tried to get the mood back. Taehyung—who let another deep sigh answered, “No, I’m just curious about some algebra formulas.”

 

“Shall we study about it tonight?” she offered.

 

Hoseok replied, “Sure. I also have homework on that chapter.”

 

I raised my hand, “We already learnt about algebra two days ago. Isn’t today we should study about biodiversity?”

 

Both Hoseok and Taehyung grinned their teeth. I looked at them, “Why? I just want to run the study plan we made at the very first meeting of this study club, right?”

 

Jimin rolled his eyes, “Okay.”

 

The three of them were annoyed. I knew it, but I didn’t care. She looked puzzled but she opened the biology textbook eventually, and started to explain.

 

“Genetic diversity is the variety found between organisms within one species. For example, the different characteristics in human. Even though human is included into one species only. Homo Sapiens. There are differences on nose shape, eyes, hairs, body height, skin color, or intelligence between one individual to another,”

 

The study continued until the second 45 minutes of our meeting. She usually asked us if we had questions or something but tonight she wrapped the meeting with slight smile and said, “I think it’s pretty clear, right? We don’t need any discussion over this chapter so you guys can go home.”

 

“Noona, I need to talk to you after this, can I?” Jimin raised his hand and spoke in low voice.

 

Hoseok and Taehyung looked eat other.

 

She smiled, “Of course.”

 

Taehyung tapped Jimin’s shoulder and whispered, “Good luck, Jimin. Eh, we got to go. See you at school. Detail report, okay?” Jimin smirked, “Thanks, V.”

 

Hoseok waved his hand to Jimin and walked out from the room, so did Taehyung.

 

The three were in a rap group, so they had their stage name. She looked at me, furrowed her eyebrows, “Why are you still here? Your mum will be worry if you are not straightly go home.”

 

I groaned, “I’m no longer five years old boy why would my mum worry about me that much.”

 

She shrugged, “It’s just, maybe.”

 

I grabbed my backpack and left the room.

 

Since I left room, she pulled a chair next to Jimin with a ballpoint between her fingers, “So, which chapter you didn’t understand?” she asked. Jimin blinked twice, “Chapter? Oh, no, I’m not going to ask about the subject.”

 

“Really? I thought you’re shy to ask when the others are around. If it wasn’t the thing you want to ask, so what’s that?” she folded her hands on the table.

 

Jimin let another deep sigh, “Noona, is it true that you once dated a younger guy?” he asked in doubt tone. She nodded, “Yeah. Where did you get that kind of information?”

 

“Around.”

 

“I see.”

 

Jimin cleared his throat, “Is that mean you already broke up with him?” She blinked, this time she leaned her back and puffed her cheek, “I do think so.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“No—I mean, was it because he is too young, or not mature enough or anything related to ?” he corrected his question and sent her an awkward smile.

 

She shrugged, “I believe it’s not because the .”

 

“You’re not that old, you’re only 21. It just you attracted the younger guys more than older guys. Because I think you are lovable and sweet and… you are kindly enough too enchanted us,” Jimin continued.

 

She chuckled, “Do you think so?”

 

Jimin rubbed his nose to cover his nervousness, “Yeah.”

 

There was a heavy silent for three minutes before Jimin took his phone out of his jacket, “Noona I know it sounds creepy so I would like to say sorry in advance.”

 

“Sorry for what?”

 

He showed her his phone, “I saved all the photos that you uploaded through your facebook account.”

 

“Oh my God, why did you save those ugly pictures, Jimin?” she shocked and blinked her eyes. He got almost all the photos of her.

 

Jimin smiled, “I like them so much. Well, I like you more,”

 

She choked her own breathe, and giggled, “What did you say?”

 

Jimin sniffed, “I like you.”

 

“Jimin, I just broke up two weeks ago,” she replied, “What will make me if I involved to another relationship? People will think that you’re the reason why I broke up with him, and…”

 

Jimin took a deep but short breath, “Actually I only want to use word ‘I like you’ as a statement sentences, but if the problem is about time, I can wait to get your proper answer. Can I?”

 

She gave him a slight smile, “But I can’t guarantee anything.”

 

“I know, don’t worry.”

 

 

 

They were walking out of the building and she jumped of shock as she saw me, leaning my back next to vending machine, throw-catching the hot coffee I bought from it. Jimin looked even confused.

 

I took off my jacket and threw it to her, “Wear it.”

 

“Hey can’t you—”

 

I put my hot coffee on her hand, “Drink. Don’t let your body get into cold.” I left them and walked away.

 

“Jeongguk-ah…” she called. I stopped and turned my body, “Jimin hyung you can walk her home if you want.”

 

“Oh, thank you. Noona can I—”Jimin stared at her, she groaned to me, “Jeongguk what happened with you huh? Being rascal these days and now being sweet like this, is there something wrong with your brain hah?”

 

I hissed, “Let’s seeing each other again.”

 

Jimin narrowed his eyebrows, “W-what?”

 

She looked at me, disbelieving. I bit my bottom lip, “Let’s seeing each other again. Let start all over again, let’s falling in love like the first time, let’s be what we used to be.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Jimin groaned.

 

I looked at her, even deeper, “And stop uploading your pretty photos on your network account.” She held her laughs. Jimin nudged me and asked once more time. I whispered, “I know you like her, hyung. But I’m sorry. She is going to be my girlfriend again.”

 

“A-again?”

 

She gave him a look, a guilty one. She grabbed his hands, but I stopped it, “You can explain to him without touching.”

 

She chuckled, “I know, little .” And she put her hands off Jimin’s hands. Jimin smiled, he hit my shoulder lightly, “Jerk like you need to get a punch first before realising that you almost losing a wonderful girl.”

 

I blinked, “What do you mean by that?”

 

Jimin giggled, “Stupid. I don’t like noona, I mean—yes, I like her but I’m sane enough to steal my junior’s girlfriend. I’m not that kind of guy, you know. I just put an act.”

 

“Wait—what?” I stared at her. She ruffled my hair and smiled, “This is my plan, Jeongguk. I’m wonder why would you treat me like this, when I was still your girlfriend, you seemed not care about me. So, break up with you, and these stuffs were my plan.”

 

I groaned, “.”

 

“Did you just curse right in front of my face?” she asked. I shook my head, “No. Yes. Are you crazy? Why did you do these to me? What makes you believe this is okay for me?”

 

Jimin shoved his hand on his jeans, “I should get going. Bye guys.”

 

She waved her hand to Jimin, and it annoyed me. She smiled, “Jeongguk, I like you. A lot.”

 

“Me too, but—he liked all your photos, Hoseok too. Even Taehyung! I know you are not my girlfriend anymore but we just broke up two weeks ago and why are you so cruelly beautiful after we broke up…” I murmured. She giggled, “I asked them to.”

 

“Why?”

“Because I want you to care, I want you to get jealous,” she answered. I didn’t get it. If she liked me, why did she ask a break up? If she wanted me to care, why didn’t she ask? Why?

 

She grabbed my hands, “Do I really look beautiful in those photos?”

 

I nodded, letting a deep sigh, “Yeah.”

 

“You really are, a baby indeed.”

 

“I’m not!” I shouted. She laughed, “You are.”

 

“No.”

 

“Yes.”

 

“No!”

 

She put my jacket tighter, “Thank you.”

 

“For?”

 

“Get jealous, get mad, and being rascal to your friends. Thank you for caring,” she added.

 

I lifted one of my eyebrows, “Do you really enjoy this? Toying me? Do I look like a toy you can play around?” She got shocked, blinked her eyes thrice. I sighed, “I’m sorry I’m too young.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“I should’ve treated you better. So you don’t have to put an act which was killing me like every second. Broke up with you, saw other guy smiling over your beautiful photos, and held my own feeling and jealousy. Oh, those were horrible, you know,” I said.

 

She pulled me closer, “Come here, baby.”

 

I put my head on her shoulder, he wrapped me around. I could hear her breathing sounds, “I’m still your girlfriend, okay.”

 

 


cute. too cute. i can not.