Surprise!

Back to Me [DISCONTINUED]
Please log in to read the full chapter

You arrived at the studio and walked past countless fans, PDs, stylists, and other staff members. You thought three months off would take a toll on your nerves, but after a few minutes you began to familiarize yourself with the environment again. It was as if nothing changed. In fact, you actually felt excited and couldn't wait to meet your new client. You asked yourself who it could possibly be. An endless roster of idols ran through your mind as you hunted for your boss. 

You peeked into every room as you searched and ran into a fellow coordi during your voyage. 

"Hyesun! It's so great to see you!" You pulled her into a hug.

"Eunhwa?!" she replied in disbelief. The look on her face expressed surprise, but it seemed to be due to a different kind of shock. It wasn't because it's been a while since you've last seen each other. And it wasn't because she was surprised to see you working again. It was something else... like she knew something. "Wow, it's really nice to see you too! When was the last time we saw each other?"

"Hmm," you said. "I think last year. You were working with Infinite, right?"

"Ah, that's right! I'm pretty sure that was the last time they had an overlapping appearance with--"

Your expression fell before she could even say their name and she stopped herself.

"Oh, dammit. Ugh, you're so stupid, Hyesun!" she said to herself. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay," you responded with a light chuckle. "So, who are you working with today?"

"Um... you know, he never said his name," she hesitated. Perhaps it was true that he never introduced himself, but maybe because he didn't really need an intro. "I know he's the maknae though," she giggled nervously.

"Hyesun, are you okay?" you asked. She seemed a bit jumpy today, as if she was hiding something.

"Hey, why don't you work with him!" she suggested. "Everyone's here except for one member. I can work with the tardy one."

"Is the 'surprise group' the only one here? I don't wanna take over when you already started."

"Yes. Since they're part of the special stage, they came earlier than the rest. But don't worry! I only applied BB cream for the one I was working with. I was just getting some extra brushes. He still needs his eyes and the rest of his face done."

Please log in to read the full chapter