- Hospital

It's funny, isn't it? [UNDER HEAVY EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*Ding*

Your head snapped up as you heard the elevator doors open. You entered with some other staff from your dad’s hospital. You couldn’t refrain from rolling your eyes at them. They all bowed with fake smiles while greeting you.

Your mind wandered off to the gang leader you had helped a few hours ago. You wondered if he was doing okay. He did have a nasty cut on his upper torso. You scrunched your face while trying to imagine what had happened to him. You couldn’t deny the fact that you were still worrying.

After you had sent him off with big-eyes and Suho-hyung, you asked the injured gang members if there was a back-exit. Luckily for you there was. You were scared that the citizens, who were waiting outside, would recognize you. It would be a real pain in the since you had a reputation to keep high as the sole daughter of the owner of Seoul’s biggest hospital. You could already see the headlines of the newspapers, ‘Moon Hyejin, daughter of Moon Hyesuk, is known for helping out gangsters!’ or something like; ‘Moon Hyejin uses our donated money to bail gangsters out of jail.’

You shuddered. This had happened with a hospital in Gangnam last year so you weren’t taking any risks…even if you might have been overreacting a little bit.

 

Soon the doors opened after making the familiar ding sound. You didn’t waste any time as you headed out of the elevator- not giving the nurses a chance to up to you. You knew they didn’t like you, you had heard them gossip about you countless times. They acted nice only for recognition.

As if you were able to promote them or something.

You spotted the helpdesk of that floor and approached it. You saw one of the few nurses you actually liked. After greeting her in a polite way, you asked her where the patient with the cut on his torso was.

‘’Oh, you mean that filthy gangster? He lies in room 407C.’’

You nodded and said your goodbyes. For some reason it stung you when she called him filthy. You knew gangsters were bad news but these boys were so young. They couldn’t harm people, right? Even though they looked mean. Still, they were human beings.

You frowned when you noticed a group of boys sitting in front of room 407C. When you came closer you recognized a few. It were the gang members, they were all patiently waiting for their leader. What catched your attention the most was the way they were seated. They looked like puppies. Harmless puppies. You couldn’t help but giggle a bit. Some of the boys noticed you, you bowed your head. few of them stood up and returned the gesture while the rest didn’t even bother standing up as they simply nodded back.

When you were about to open the door one of them tapped your shoulder. You turned your attention on the tall man. You didn’t recognize him; however he seemed to recognize you. You could see it in his eyes.

 

‘’I-I, uh, I -‘’, the boy fumbled with his hands which made you chuckle. A second ago he looked so confident and tough, but right now, he was nothing more than a nervous mess.

‘’I-I wanted to thank you for earlier…I don’t know what we would have done without your help.’’ He finally said while scratching the back of his head.

‘’Don’t mention it-‘’, you gave him a pat on the shoulder, ‘’after all I’m the daughter of this hospitals owner, right?’’

The tall, young lad showed a sincere smile. He wasn’t looking nervous or confident anymore…rather he looked grateful. You returned his smile. See, you knew they weren’t as bad as they appeared. Though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter