The Beast Is Already Out (part 1/?)

Those who love (oneshots)

 

 

 

 

                Jongin and Kyungsoo meet in high school, a few weeks after the year started. Kyungsoo is one of the best senior students in the school, while Jongin is just an average sophomore – albeit quite good and hard-working –  but they’ve fallen for each other almost the second they met. They date for a while and are really happy. Though, in the beginning of winter, Kyungsoo literally disappears.

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

                It had now been a little more than two months since Jongin had met Kyungsoo. By chance, like in a fairy tale. Kyungsoo had bumped into him as he was walking – or rather running – out of the library, and all his books had fallen to the ground. At the same time as Jongin had fallen for him.

 

 

 

                “I’m so sorry…” the brown-haired boy apologised, falling to his knees abruptly and gathering his books with a cute clumsiness. Jongin crouched down slowly, mesmerised.

 

                “Wha - what’s your name?” he stammered, sounding very stupid. Kyungsoo had stopped picking up his books to look up at him with big, round eyes. He smiled – a heart-shaped smile, warm and bright.

 

                “Do… Do Kyungsoo. And yours?”

 

                “Kim Jongin,” Jongin replied. Kyungsoo’s name sounded so beautiful! Like a choir of angels, like a waterfall of fresh water in the mountains, like the wind in autumn, like the sound of waves by the seaside, like…

 

                Love at first sight was something strange, and even if he had dreamt about it many times when he was a child, Jongin knew it seldom happened, especially so early in life. But right then, he had forgotten about all he used to believe. The only thing that mattered was Kyungsoo, Kyungsoo gazing at him.

 

                They stayed in front of each other for a long time, maybe five, ten minutes, without saying a word. Then Jongin cleared his throat, took Kyungsoo’s books and got up, almost regretfully. The small boy imitated him, and –

 

                “You’re so pretty,” Jongin whispered, staring at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blushed but didn’t look away. He didn’t reply either, but his eyes were shining and it looked really gorgeous.

 

                Once again, they were too absorbed in each other. But suddenly, someone bumped into Kyungsoo, and he had to grab onto Jongin’s arm to avoid falling again. Jongin caught him just it time.

 

                “Thank you,” Kyungsoo murmured, causing butterflies to spread their wings in Jongin’s stomach. This was just one of the most wonderful feelings he’d ever experienced.

 

                “Do you – do you want to go and drink somehting at the cafeteria?” he asked, mustering up all his courage to speak. Kyungsoo beamed.

 

                “Sure!” he answered. Jongin felt a wave of happiness seize him. As they headed to the cafeteria, Kyungsoo grabbed his hand as if it was the most natural thing on Earth to do. But it was pleasant. Really.

 

                And so was love at first sight.

 

               

 

                Jongin had got to know Kyungsoo better as days went on. Kyungsoo was intelligent, bright, cheerful and kind. He got top grades in every subject, he could sing and draw very well, and he was the most adorable boy ever. To Jongin, Kyungsoo was utterly perfect. He loved him. He loved every single bit of him, from his joyful personality to his petite body and his full lips.

 

                And he was amazingly lucky and happy to be loved back.

 

 

 

                After having spent almost half an hour in the cafeteria staring at each other without saying anything, Jongin and Kyungsoo were pulled out of their daydream by the school bell. Jongin rose to his feet as if he had received an electric shock, and he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

 

                “I – I guess…” he stuttered. Kyungsoo got up too and looked at him with a little smile. “I just…” Jongin said a little lower. “I wanted to… I wanted to…” he repeated several times until his voice was only a whisper. Kyungsoo took a step towards him. “I – I like you,” Jongin said all of a sudden.

 

                What was that? He was actually telling a boy he had met less than an hour before that he liked him? That was insane. “Em, sorry…” he apologised, blushing. But the little boy beamed sweetly, the same way as he had when they’d been in front of the library.

 

                “In fact, I think I like you too,” he replied with a cute giggle. Jongin’s heart seemed to have forgotten how to beat. He opened his eyes wide. “Em, maybe we should head to class,” Kyungsoo said a little sadly. “But how about we see each other after school?” he offered. Jongin stared at him for a minute or two, fascinated by the great hope shining in the petite boy’s pupils.

 

                “That – that would be amazing,” he stammered. “And we could… I don’t know – we could, I mean… (Kyungsoo nodded enthusiastically.) We could – or we could do something else! Just – just…it’s up to you,” he finished with difficulty.

 

                “Yes, why not?” Kyungsoo replied, looking genuinely happy. He giggled again and bounced up and down on his tiptoes like an excited and nervous child.

 

                “I mean that we could…” Jongin went on even if it was quite useless.

 

                “Yeah, that sounds great too!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, his eyes turning into two glowing crescents. They fell silent and continued to fidget clumsily, avoiding each other’s eyes. Jongin started gazing at the ceiling while Kyungsoo pretended to be reading what was written on his bottle of Ice Tea.

 

                After an eternity, Jongin mustered up all his courage to stammer a shy, “Well… Then see you later,” and flash an awkward grin. Kyungsoo smiled too, then he waved and turned around before walking away while carrying his books.

 

                Jongin watched him for a few seconds, then he left as if he were in a dream. He headed in the opposite direction – before he remembered he didn’t have class in that area of the school at all. Feeling really stupid, he turned back and ran to his classroom.

 

 

 

                “See you tomorrow, Jongin-ah,” Kyungsoo said, placing a light kiss on Jongin’s lips. The younger boy smiled and kissed him back. “And don’t forget, next Tuesday is Junmyeon’s birthday!”

 

                “I won’t forget, I promise,” Jongin said. “Are you sure you don’t want me to walk you back home?” he offered. Kyungsoo shook his head before grabbing his hand and squeezing it gently. For a few minutes, they gazed at each other peacefully.

 

                “No, thank you,” he answered. “Don’t worry, I’ll go by myself.”

 

                “Okay,” Jongin replied. “See you tomorrow, hyung!”

 

                Before they parted, they shared a last kiss, like every day after school. As their lips brushed, Jongin closed his eyes. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist to pull him closer. Oh, he loved him, he loved him…

 

                “I love you,” he said, putting his thoughts into words.

 

                Kyungsoo smiled. “I love you too,” he whispered. He gave Jongin a final peck, and walked away, waving. Jongin waved too, gazing at his boyfriend until he couldn’t see him anymore.

 

 

 

 

                However, the next morning, when Jongin arrived at school, Kyungsoo wasn’t at their usual meeting point, under the lime tree in the school park. He waited for a while, assuming Kyungsoo was late even if he never was. But when the bell rang, he had to go to class without having met his boyfriend.

 

                At lunchtime, Jongin went to see Kyungsoo’s friends and ask them whether they had seen him. But said friends, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, told him that Kyungsoo had sent a message to them saying that he was sick and he couldn’t go to school.

                “Didn’t he tell you?”

 

                “No, he did not,” Jongin answered, feeling weird.

 

                After school, he called Kyungsoo, but there was no answer, except ‘Hi, you tried to call Do Kyungsoo! I’m sorry but I’m not here at the moment, so please leave me a message if it’s important! And if you – hahahaha, stop it, Jongin! – Beeeeep.’ It was the answering machine message that Kyungsoo had tried to record while he had been with Jongin, but when the young boy had started to tickle him, he had laughed. Though he hadn’t deleted it; it was rather funny.

 

                However, Jongin didn’t even smile. He was too worried. It was strange. Kyungsoo and him very so close they were together almost all the time, and when they were not, they were texting each other, and when they were not, they just knew where the other was. After sending Kyungsoo a text message, he called his house – maybe his parents would answer. They did.

 

                “Hello?”

 

                “Mrs. Do? It’s Jongin. Kyungsoo didn’t come at school today and he didn’t text me to say he wouldn’t. Is there a problem? Does he need anything?” Jongin asked, concerned. He heard a gasp then silence fell at the other end of the line. Well, not complete silence. Mrs. Do had stopped speaking, but Jongin could hear faint and fast, almost hysterical whispers, as if she were talking with someone animatedly, her hand covering the telephone.

 

                “No, he doesn’t need anything! There is no problem, he’s just sick!” Mrs. Do answered – or rather screamed – after an eternity. “Please don’t call us anymore, Jongin. Goodbye.”

 

                And she hung up. Astonished, Jongin stared at his phone for several minutes before shutting it down. What had happed to Kyungsoo?

 

                The next day, Kyungsoo wasn’t at school either. Everyone that knew him told Jongin he was sick and that he shouldn’t worry because it wasn’t something serious. But why had Kyungsoo told everyone except Jongin? It was ridiculous.

 

                Jongin waited for a few days before calling Kyungsoo’s parents again.

 

                “Mrs. Do ? It’s Jongin again. Are you sure – ”

 

                “I told you to stop calling!” the woman exclaimed, her voice distorted and sounding horribly shrieking. “Kyungsoo is sick! Sick, okay?! Now goodbye!”

 

                Once again, Jongin was left with the telephone repeated beep – beep – beep.

 

                Days went by; Kyungsoo wasn’t coming back at school. Several times, Jongin tried to visit him at his home after school, but when he rang the doorbell, nobody would answer. Though there was somebody in the house, Jongin knew it. A slight move of the curtains, an eye looking through the spy-hole of the door, steps in the wooden stairs… Kyungsoo’s house wasn’t empty.

 

                Contrary to what they wanted him to believe.

 

                Every day, Jongin would be more and more worried. What if Kyungsoo had caught something serious? What if he was at the hospital? What if he never came back? What if he was… Jongin didn’t even want to think about it.

 

                And then, in the middle of January, something happened.

 

                Kyungsoo was back.

 

                “Kyungsoo-hyung!” Jongin exclaimed when he saw him at school one morning. The petite boy smiled softly. “How are you? I missed you so much! How come you weren’t there for so long? Did anything happen?” Jongin asked.

 

                “No, no, I wasn’t feeling well, that’s all,” Kyungsoo replied dreamily, looking tired. Jongin decided that although his boyfriend’s reply sounded really strange, he wouldn’t ask questions unless something else happened.

 

                “And are you feeling better now?” he said with an awkward grin.

 

                “Yes, thanks,” Kyungsoo answered. He flashed a little smile and they headed to class, Jongin thinking and Kyungsoo humming a nursery rhyme.

 

                “One, two three…”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N: It's a little short, but the next part will be longer. And scary.

I hope you liked it and that you want to read more. Stay tuned~ ^^

Please comment and subscribe, I need your love...